The online racing simulator
Why is LFS so expensive?
(71 posts, started )
Why is LFS so expensive?
Hey all.

I like this game - tried the demo.

Theres just one thing iIdont understand - why is this game so expensive?

I mean, you can get GT Legends for about 8£ now, so why is this game 3 times that? (24£)

Thanks

/Gosser
Expensive? Hardly. Sure when you compare it with games that have been published, put on the shelves then thrown in the budget bin, then it may seem expensive but S2 is cheaper than any new game i can buy off the shelves and S3 will be too.
#3 - joen
Oh, not another price discussion again...
I see you're new here, but please search for topics about LFS pricing.
LFS really isn't expensive.
I also think its cheap, considering if I pay full price for any boxed game £30 aprox here in the UK, then get a couple of months play out of it, lose interest or complete it, then the makers want another £30 for some expansion pack... I am thinking of the Sims2 games and remembering games like MOHAA or BF2 where you have to shell out well over £100 to get the full set.

LFS is; buy a licence and thats it, updates come every year and we never get asked for more money

SD.
Thanks for the answers

sil3ntwar@ You mention S3 - if I buy S2 now, will I have to pay again, to get S3?
its 12 GBP for each stage so yes it will cost an extra 12.
Quote from sil3ntwar :its 12 GBP for each stage so yes it will cost an extra 12.

Okay.. When will it come out? And if I don't buy S2 now, but wait to S3, will it then cost 36£?
Quote from Gosser :Okay.. When will it come out? And if I don't buy S2 now, but wait to S3, will it then cost 36£?

S3 is a few years away so you can start saving now . If you pay £24 for S2 now then you only have to pay £12 in a few years for S3.
Arh, in a few years

Thougt it would be released soon or so

Another question: I got 2 computers - If I buy one license, will I be able to have full version S2 on both computers?
Quote from Gosser :
Another question: I got 2 computers - If I buy one license, will I be able to have full version S2 on both computers?

Yes. AFAIK you are allowed to play on both computers in the same time in a LAN, but you only can play online with one computer.
Quote from Brilwing :Yes. AFAIK you are allowed to play on both computers in the same time in a LAN, but you only can play online with one computer.

Sounds great Can anyone else confirm this? Cause I'll be playing most LAN.
#12 - JTbo
Quote from Gosser :Sounds great Can anyone else confirm this? Cause I'll be playing most LAN.

It is possible to play with two machines in LAN, that is what I have been told earlier too, very nice from them so you can play with your brother or friends when they are visiting from example
Quote from Gosser :Sounds great Can anyone else confirm this? Cause I'll be playing most LAN.

Confirmed
Quote from JTbo :It is possible to play with two machines in LAN, that is what I have been told earlier too, very nice from them so you can play with your brother or friends when they are visiting from example

Thanks And yes, it's nice from them Thanks!

keithano@ Thanks to you too

Last question from here (I think xD): Is every car unlocked, when i buy the license? Or do I have to unlock them, buy winning races or something?
Quote from Gosser :Last question from here (I think xD): Is every car unlocked, when i buy the license? Or do I have to unlock them, buy winning races or something?

Every car available when you buy
Quote from duke_toaster :Every car available when you buy

Wee, thanks I think I'll buy it know then

Thanks for the fast answers everybody - it's not every forum, which is so fast
Yes, buying a licence unlocks everything in the game - all cars, all tracks. As there's no 'career mode' like in most simulation games, there is no progress-based unlocking system. The STCC handles that part

Just to add my comment about the price, new console or PC games are released here with a recommended retail price of £40, selling for £30 if you know where to look. It is not at all uncommon to see a game priced at £40 on the shelves, and you know that when you buy a game like that, you will not be getting the kind of realism and immersion LFS offers. That's without even mentioning the constant updates we're getting, and the direct input we can have into the development of the game. £24? Bargain

EDIT - Damn you, duke

DE
For the Gamers it might be expensive, but for Sim Racers Software like this one is far to cheap.
PS2 games were always £40, GameCube games were £70 for just the game. It makes you wonder why people bought them.
Quote :Gosser - S2 licensed

another addicted
Quote from Gosser :Wee, thanks I think I'll buy it know then

Thanks for the fast answers everybody - it's not every forum, which is so fast

yea we're not only racing fast....
That's the proper way, S2 straightaway without 2 year demo period like some people..cheez. Welcome!
well he didnt say how long he was playing the demo!
Here is a way to justify it:

$48 USD for the game.
$94 USD for the Logitech FFB wheel

equals $142 total.

divided by the miles I have , which is 19,449.

equals $.007 cents per mile.

That is a pretty good bargain! Initially it can be expensive, but with all the support and the massive online experience, it pays for itself in a few months.
#25 - JTbo
Also products life is very long, several years, at minimum I would say 5 years, but I tend to see this being still used after 10 years.

Why is LFS so expensive?
(71 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG