The online racing simulator
#51 - Jakg
Quote from jamesrowe :Edit: @Jack as I just noticed his comment, I continued to race as alowed in the limited BOTT rules. I did make it pretty easy for every one in my eyes, even Duvel. I tried to get out of the way, but in the fast corner bits where it would be dangerous to slow down and let pass I continued, until it opened up into a straight and then I let him past. I had every one lap me about 3 times while I was on track, including Spankmeyer.

ive watched the replay - i think you'd better face facts, there is NO way you made it easy for Duvel
+1 for everything trist and jack said

james do you honestly believe anyone will buy that its a pure coincidence that you pulled out right in front of spany and duvel each and every time and that duvel was the only driver who in this entire race blue flagged you at a time where it was hard to let him past ?
the funniest thing is that the point where you most blatantly hold him up is after not letting him past on the first straight after the t1 complex where just a few laps earlier you staid off the throttle for several seconds to let a whole bunch of other drivers past (and did the same thing for spanky)
Quote from tristancliffe :It is only ridiculous because you are of the opinion that you did almost nothing wrong.

Watch the replay mate, and see just how appalling your driving is.

I can only hope the rest of your team see sense and kick you out of DR (or form their own team), because you are a disgrace.

That is what you would love, to see me gone and make anything that I am to do with fail! Get a different hobby then harrasing me Tristan.

End of discussion from me, over and out.
I am not picking one side or the other, i may be a co leader of DR but doesn't change what is right or wrong. I havn't got time at the minute to watch the replay but i will say a complaint has been put forward let fusion guys (or whoever acts as race marshal/steward) to decide what happened and what will happen in the future so there is no point in discussing it. Before i get flamed this goes out to everyone including james.
I would of been racing if my wheel hadn't stopped working (blew the fuse but didn't think to check it :shy but i was msn as there was no discussion between anyone afaik concerning the race so if james was doing anything then he was doing it alone by his choice.
I will also add that yes bott is a team event and all the drivers within a team act as one but if the ruling is against james then i hope it is seen as a ruling against james and not about DR.
Quote from Clownpaint :I decided to check the replay for myself, often accusations of such tactics are down to paranoia... but this, my god. You've really out done yourself this time James.

I agree with all the sentiments so far, find something else to do in your spare time James. Your tactics were disgraceful whether they involved planning with your teammates or not. Nothing excuses what you were doing, repeatedly. Not a faulty joystick, not something in your eye or whatever you want to come up with next, nothing.

I think if DR want to maintain an ounce of respect from the LFS community they would do the right thing and kick James out of the team. Honestly, why would anyone keep someone who drives like this? I know if he was in my team he would be gone in a shot.

EDIT: And I couldn't help but feel the lyrics to this song sound like they were written about you James!
http://www3.clearlight.com/~ac ... csa/songfile/GREATPRE.HTM

Well because of all this I have asked on our own forums privately if they would still want me, it was rather one sided decision 100% from them!
At least I am doing something right for them all to want me...

Edit: - Removed due to off topic and out of order. Sorry Jack (clownpaint)
Quote from jamesrowe :
Edit: At least I am not a racist idiot that goes around on MSN with all his racist comments like some Jack! (clownpaint)

Wow, of all the comments i thought you might of tried to use to redeem yourself that one really does it!

Congrats man!
Quote from Clownpaint :I knew that would be your last ditch reply, I saw it coming a mile away!

I've heard such things too many times to care anymore, BNP supporter and proud. Maybe we could do a house swap and you could experience the diversity of out-dated religions and increased crime while I chill out in your lovely boat you own in the countryside.

Im quiet happy with being on my own boat in the peaceful countryside thanks, I know I started it so I'l finish, end of offtopic in here.
Quote from jamesrowe :Well because of all this I have asked on our own forums privately if they would still want me, it was rather one sided decision 100% from them!

Edit: At least I am not a racist idiot that goes around on MSN with all his racist comments like some Jack! (clownpaint)

You'll wake up in the morning and realise that they had actually voted 100% to get rid of you

Oh, and whilst Jack might have strong political views (which he backs up with thought out arguments), it doesn't make him a racist. I've had the pleasure of Jack's company on MSN many times, and it has never been racist, although it might have been non-positive to a non-Caucasian race - the two are very different.

Besides, dragging someones political beliefs into a discussion about how appalling you are at driving isn't really on. If you want to make a come-back at Jack at least try and criticise his driving - oh wait, you can't!

Edit: Each post you make contains a desperate bid to end the conversation - why don't you just admit how crap you are, accept the fact that we all know how crap you are, and stop trying to get the last word...

Edit2: ROFL at Spanky's reply below!
Quote from jamesrowe :Well because of all this I have asked on our own forums privately if they would still want me, it was rather one sided decision 100% from them!

I haven't been able to access the DR forums or talk privately about the subject with the rest of the team so I do not sign that statement.

EDIT: I guess it's like this in FIA cabinets too. I'm trying to get work done, but this soap opera is turning too tragic too fast.
Quote from jamesrowe :

If u weren't this lame, I would have liked you to join us clowns... You're funny guy, James :elefant:
Quote from r4ptor :If u weren't this lame, I would have liked you to join us clowns... You're funny guy, James :elefant:

I know. Sorry Jack, that was below the belt , sad thing is I'm telling the truth about the incidents with phone calls etc
#62 - axus
Quote from jamesrowe :I know. Sorry Jack, that was below the belt , sad thing is I'm telling the truth about the incidents with phone calls etc

I think the real issue is not your crap driving but lack of respect for other teams and competitors. When you're in a league race, your phone should be off, not so that you don't get distracted but out of respect for the other competitors. You shouldn't be driving in a league race with a broken joystick, for the same reason. And as Tristan said, the 's won't fix it either.

That's what people are getting at.
I was being sarcastic.. We've kicked members for much less, so don't get ur hopes up too high.

I'm puzzled about why you joined 40 mins after the disconnect.. truth or not and purposely getting in DuVels way or not.. you were far from prepped for the race + different controller than you are used to.

Sorry m8, but that to me seems like you have total lack of respect for the other drivers, league organizer's as well as your own team.
What a lovely thread, looks like Dynamic Racing, and especially JAM'ez, still bring their A game to the track.
You really have to reconsider what racing really is JAM'ez, because I've lost the count of how many times (at least 2 times on ConeDodgers) this happened to you...
Quote from r4ptor :I'm puzzled about why you joined 40 mins after the disconnect.. truth or not and purposely getting in DuVels way or not.. you were far from prepped for the race + different controller than you are used to.

Its good to see people read my post I wasn't going to post here due to this being just a flame war but I am. I have known james since MG which is about a year ago and have raced him since then, through my time in mg, also while in cP and now in DR. I will say this, and this is in no way a defence of what happened, but i know he does have respect for other racers. It was more as r4ptor said that he wasn't prepped and using a different controller to normal. You could sum this up as no respect for other racers but it isn't that because i know he does. As i have said i was due to be racing had it not been my n00b ass not getting my wheel working again. I know from talking to him on msn before the race he started the race to be the second driver, with the hope of competing. I don't know why he left but i do know that he re joined and saw that from people d/c points were on offer which he got (well maybe we shall await the verdict.) I will probably get flamed for this but i am not saying it is right or wrong.
"Sorry" will not change anything but i do apologise for the actions taken under the Dynamic Racing name. Note - I am not and will not apologise for james, that is his decision, i am apologising from a team perspective.

Now this flaming could go on and on as im sure there are many people who dont like other on this forum. I am sure many people don't like me but i wouldn't get into personal insults about it. This was a discussion about the race and it has turned into a flame war of forum members against james and james against forum members. The incidents described are for the steward to decide does it really matter what people think. By this i mean in a personal way.
Quote from Greboth :Its good to see people read my post I wasn't going to post here due to this being just a flame war but I am. I have known james since MG which is about a year ago and have raced him since then, through my time in mg, also while in cP and now in DR. I will say this, and this is in no way a defence of what happened, but i know he does have respect for other racers. It was more as r4ptor said that he wasn't prepped and using a different controller to normal. You could sum this up as no respect for other racers but it isn't that because i know he does. As i have said i was due to be racing had it not been my n00b ass not getting my wheel working again. I know from talking to him on msn before the race he started the race to be the second driver, with the hope of competing. I don't know why he left but i do know that he re joined and saw that from people d/c points were on offer which he got (well maybe we shall await the verdict.) I will probably get flamed for this but i am not saying it is right or wrong.
"Sorry" will not change anything but i do apologise for the actions taken under the Dynamic Racing name. Note - I am not and will not apologise for james, that is his decision, i am apologising from a team perspective.

Now this flaming could go on and on as im sure there are many people who dont like other on this forum. I am sure many people don't like me but i wouldn't get into personal insults about it. This was a discussion about the race and it has turned into a flame war of forum members against james and james against forum members. The incidents described are for the steward to decide does it really matter what people think. By this i mean in a personal way.

That pretty much sums it well, I respect everyone here! Even Tristan at the end of the day, even though every turn I make he is there to pounce

I was far from ready in that race, just wanted to come last and get a few points. I kept spinning as there was little control with the controller, and I have said sorry many times already. Once again very sorry to Duvel, and anyone else I affected in the race! I was a complete and utter noob, only wanted to finish.
My phone should have been off, I would not have taken the call if it was not important! Sadly it was, I thought about pitting or spectating at the time, but the road seemed ok where I "parked".

Last time I will say it as it will keep on falling onto death ears, I'm extremely sorry for anyone that I affected in the race, especially Duvel. It was not ment to turn out like this.
The sad thing off all is that somebody comes around and abuses a driver that he can't drive, he is a noob and all the jugement based on one race. This is just such a weak personality but unfortunately there are many like this in LFS.

Maybe next time you have just a private talk with a driver about certain stuff to tell him your viewpoint. Not everything has to go public and many things can get out of the way with a peronal chat. It's just better for the atmosphere in LFS.
Maybe he has had respect for other racers in the past, but seriously, how can you say that people are wrong in saying that he has none? I mean come on, look at this race, if he had any 'respect' at all he would just have parked in the pitlane or spectated untill the end after the first incident he had as he surely realised he couldn't handle the combo at all.

I would expect such in demo or in a CC server (Where I beleive most of his 'skills' came from) but in a league race (Especcially when representing only your team)..... pretty much sums it up.

As for the penalty, I don't think it really matters if you take Spankys points away or not, it will affect the whole team anyway. Pretty funny to read though, James says he only rejoined to get his points, yet later on he says he doesn't care if they're taken away from him.

Seriously James, I think you should to as you say and stop posting as you've said it numerous times in this thread and in the pas, but you never stop posting, the hole only gets deeper.
#69 - Davo
Quote from tomylee :The sad thing off all is that somebody comes around and abuses a driver that he can't drive, he is a noob and all the jugement based on one race. This is just such a weak personality but unfortunately there are many like this in LFS.

Maybe next time you have just a private talk with a driver about certain stuff to tell him your viewpoint. Not everything has to go public and many things can get out of the way with a peronal chat. It's just better for the atmosphere in LFS.

Well it's only Tristan that has a personal vendetta against James and likes to make it public at every chance he can to show how big he is. He wouldn't even have posted if he didn't have anything to rant about.
Ladies, calm down.

We all know that Mr Rowe has previous for controversy (partly reputedly caused by technical faliures) and it seems like he is living up to this. I am not going to comment about the actual racing until I have watched it from the positions of Mr Rowe and the other drivers concerned

The rules do NOT say anything about disconnections and reconnections. It's the organisers call really there.

Clownpaint's politics aren't bringing BOTT in to disrepute - if it were to be doing so, it should be discussed here. But it's not bringing BOTT in to disrepute.

I know I am not involved in BOTT and I might be considered nosey. But I feel it's about time that a neutral is needed to - at least try to - mediate/arbitrate here.
Yup, probably wouldn't have posted if it wasn't him...

But my 'judgement' is based on more than one race

And I don't have problems with James in any other respect - it's only league races where he drives like this that I have a 'problem' with him, or when he advises people on driving or racecraft. I'm always very careful to keep 'vendettas' to one side, like with Nuse and the Rice the other day - I still like Nuse, I still love his work, but I didn't agree with him on post deletion or rice; doesn't mean I've changed my opinion about the rest of him.
Quote from tristancliffe :Yup, probably wouldn't have posted if it wasn't him...

But my 'judgement' is based on more than one race

Tristan, TBH I would not call you exactly neutral. You are involved - to a signifcant extent - with an organisation which (rather questionably in my opinion after watching the replay) has banned Mr Rowe for an entire calendar year for something that is rather - how shall I phrase it - disputable.

I do grant you that your attacks on Mr Rowe have been substantially weaker than those done by particular parties.
Quote from tomylee :The sad thing off all is that somebody comes around and abuses a driver that he can't drive, he is a noob and all the jugement based on one race.

this is just not true
he showed an even worse performance in the fe rx green race of stcc
late last year he showed an equaly bad performance on the stcc public server
in the bott lx 6 race he took out 2 other drivers
in the bott gtr race he took out a whole bunch of drivers as well

and every single time he showed no repect for the drivers around him or for racing conduct rules concerning rejoining the track, not driving a severly damaged car, significant overlap and basically everthing else thats in the book

Quote from Bawbag :Maybe he has had respect for other racers in the past

you havent watched the stcc race 2 broadcast yet have you ?

this race showed an utter disrepect from james to the other drivers, the league and not to forget his entire team
Quote from Clownpaint :"Hello, I've come to calm things down around here. On a side note, I hate that blokes politics".

Please, PM me in future if you wish to make a statement on the subject. I very much doubt anyone else cares about your opinion on the political party I support.

I unreservedly apologise for bringing my personal opinions in to this matter - but they are still my opinions (which will be expressed through the correct channels in future).

Quote from Shotglass :this is just not true
he showed an even worse performance in the fe rx green race of stcc

Not much of "Rowegate" was shown in the broadcast. I - personally - think that a DQ was justified - but not a year ban. Think of the film Blackball with that [SPOILERS]15 year ban for writing tosser on a scorecard[/SPOILERS] - a ban of that length was not needed.
Quote from duke_toaster :Not much of "Rowegate" was shown in the broadcast. I - personally - think that a DQ was justified - but not a year ban.

i did watch the replay of the race from start to finish from his perspective and i think the ban was completely appropriate
especially after he had the nerve to ask why becky asked him to return to the pits with his completely wrecked car

nice one with the name for that incident btw

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG