The online racing simulator
Round 7 Discussion
Round 7 Was at Kyoto Nation (ky2) - Formula V8 (Fo8)

Congrats to Fusion. Fizzle Snips for taking the victory in round 7
-
(Bawbag) DELETED by Arrow.
hi im bagbag
#4 - arco
Replays anyone, please. Need em for the stats.
#6 - arco
Thanks!

Got the qualify too by any chance?
Terribly sorry, but I forgot to save the quali replay. I can host the file though.
#8 - arco
No problem, I'm getting it from Arrow.
I'ld like to make a complaint against Gjerde, In lap 10, he drives in the back of me for no reason firstly, my car gets unsettled, but I manage to keep it on the road, then secondly, instead of Gjerde backing off a bit while my car is unseattled, he still pushes on, hits my rear wheel, we both spin off and I get huge damage, if that isnt enough, I get back on track before him and in the next bend he hits me again from the side. And if that wasnt enough, a couple of laps later he started babbeling about his pentium and something about unleashing his Xforce???

Had to pit in after the attacks, totally forgot the pitlane entry speed still thinking about what could posses someone to do something like that... and well, that was that, race over really.
Quote from lococost :I'ld like to make a complaint against Gjerde, In lap 10, he drives in the back of me for no reason firstly, my car gets unsettled, but I manage to keep it on the road, then secondly, instead of Gjerde backing off a bit while my car is unseattled, he still pushes on, hits my rear wheel, we both spin off and I get huge damage, if that isnt enough, I get back on track before him and in the next bend he hits me again from the side. And if that wasnt enough, a couple of laps later he started babbeling about his pentium and something about unleashing his Xforce???

Had to pit in after the attacks, totally forgot the pitlane entry speed still thinking about what could posses someone to do something like that... and well, that was that, race over really.

There were a few complaints about Gjerde at the end of the race, I am sure some of the Fusion guys will look into your incident!

I had an awful start, stated last and went slow so that any crashes would have happened and I could go round it all! But didnt quiet go to plan with a few darting around on track, ended up getting stuck in gravel ...

Then a few laps later it disconnected, came back when I could to finish off a race that never would have been good with an old joystick

Well done Spankmeyer for 4th
I looked at it and found nothing, you were unsettled and there wasn't enough time for him to react imo, but at the end of the day it's the marshalls ruling
Quote from BenjiMC :I looked at it and found nothing, you were unsettled and there wasn't enough time for him to react imo, but at the end of the day it's the marshalls ruling

It is also racing so...
Quote from LFSn00b :Great job Mr.Rowe, you only lost 30 laps

I got DC'ed, thats not David Coulthard'ed

At least I made an effort to finish it, even though it was over 30laps behind
Quote from BenjiMC :I looked at it and found nothing, you were unsettled and there wasn't enough time for him to react imo, but at the end of the day it's the marshalls ruling

He actually reacted and let off the throttle but then he immediately pushed it again trying to take advantage of the lococost’s car which became unsettled cause of his (Gjerde’s) misjudgment of the extra speed he gained from the slipstream…

The initial fault could be an accident cause of lack of racing experience but then there is no real excuse for the rest… maybe carelessness?
Enjoyed that race - some great driving in there!

And, I have to say (and I probably wouldn't have posted this just to say well done), James cannot drive for crap!! It's so bad it's funny. He claims he started slow to drive around the accidents, but he took out someone in T1, and rarely if ever strung more than 3 corners together. When he did, he was about 1 second per CORNER off the pace.

Sorry James, but I think stamp collecting is more suited for you. I'd love to be able to say that all the past accusations were wrong, and that you CAN drive, but the truth is you can't. Skill and James do not exist comfortably in the same sentence.

But thanks for the laugh - every race series has to have a complete and utter noob, and it just so happens you're it in more than one series
At least he didn't accidentally telepit mid-race. Not that I ever... errr...

4th place this time bitches!
best bit is when he waits a few laps on track for spanky and duvel to come around only to hold duvel up to give his teammate some breathing room
Hmzzz, so I was not the only one with those thoughts ...

First I was thinking ... hey, didn't I pass that guy the lap before ?
Second, he was surely not making it easy to let me pass ... even 'zigzagging' at certain points.

I'm gonna take a look at the replay this evening before making any sort of complaint.
Quote from tristancliffe :Enjoyed that race - some great driving in there!

And, I have to say (and I probably wouldn't have posted this just to say well done), James cannot drive for crap!! It's so bad it's funny. He claims he started slow to drive around the accidents, but he took out someone in T1, and rarely if ever strung more than 3 corners together. When he did, he was about 1 second per CORNER off the pace.

Sorry James, but I think stamp collecting is more suited for you. I'd love to be able to say that all the past accusations were wrong, and that you CAN drive, but the truth is you can't. Skill and James do not exist comfortably in the same sentence.

But thanks for the laugh - every race series has to have a complete and utter noob, and it just so happens you're it in more than one series

atleast he takes part..
btw on a different note
has anybody got a different replay of that race or is it just my copy of lfs that shows a weird behaviour on gjerdes suspension

at the start he crashes and his front right sping shows red damage
just seconds afterwars the spring is ok again
during the rest of the race his suspension shows some very stange loads and jumps all the time

is this lag related ... a corrupted replay or something else ?
maybe we should report it to scawen ... looks like a bug
I wouldn't quite call leaving then joining midrace "Taking part" and I completely agree with Tristans post, atleast he shows the interest to actually spend the time looking at the replay and posting his opinion.

No need to start moaning at people who didn't join the league.

Edit: AFAIK that is just a bug, on your pc he would have crashed harder than he actually did (Due to lag and stuff) but your pc still calculates the damage from the impact. Usually it sorts itself out though, after about 5 seconds or so it reverts back to the actual damage that the car took.
Quote from Arrow. :atleast he takes part..

Quote from Bawbag :No need to start moaning at people who didn't join the league.

We had some drivers interested in the league but not enough to make every event and we would rather give our spot to a team who can race the full season and not make a half arsed appearance.

But congrats to Fusion for one hell of a win there! fo8....eugh
Quote from cmckowen :We had some drivers interested in the league but not enough to make every event and we would rather give our spot to a team who can race the full season and not make a half arsed appearance.

But congrats to Fusion for one hell of a win there! fo8....eugh

maybe next season?
Thanks Fizzles done us proud
I just wanted to say that the race was actually quite entertaining to watch

I watched the start from spankie's car and he lost like 3 or 4 places in the start/before T1 and I was thinking like spanky, keep up! Few corners laters he was like 6th or 7th, about 8 places higher . And that one car was mighty close in T1, spanky must have some über sense of space or something

Also few funny things, like the mercury drivers tangling up to each others, mr. rowe learning the combo and some other curious driving tactics. Interesting race

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG