Drift Tracks needed!!
(177 posts, started )

Poll : Do u wanna see this to be done?

Not really.
Very much so!!
Dont care.
Sure.
Drift Tracks needed!!
If only there are at least 1 track purely designed for drifting... U sure can drift on current tracks, but they r not designed for drifting, what i mean is their layout is for grip racing.

A good drift track need few doglegs(mid speed chicanes) so u can link the drifts together. Also hi speed sweepers and hairpins. Corners should not be too far apart from each other. If u look at the drift section on Tsukuba or Sugo or any race tracks that offered a section for drifting, u will c what i mean -> corners that r close to each other, especially chicanes! The track width is not too narrow too, so u can do some hi speed drifts without easily hitting the walls.
#2 - Gunn
All of the tracks in LFS have suitable sections that can be linked quite easily already.
tho i would like to see a drift track based from a real one like nikko i know it's never going to happen
The good drifters can manage. If you can't, just learn or try harder...
yeah we've got some nice tracks and an autox i would like some mountain tarmac roads but oh well.
Quote from drift_apprentice :If only there are at least 1 track purely designed for drifting... U sure can drift on current tracks, but they r not designed for drifting, what i mean is their layout is for grip racing.

A good drift track need few doglegs(mid speed chicanes) so u can link the drifts together. Also hi speed sweepers and hairpins. Corners should not be too far apart from each other. If u look at the drift section on Tsukuba or Sugo or any race tracks that offered a section for drifting, u will c what i mean -> corners that r close to each other, especially chicanes! The track width is not too narrow too, so u can do some hi speed drifts without easily hitting the walls.

We have mid speed chiacnes.
We can link drifts together
High speed sweepers and hairpins? Yeah, got em.
Corners far apart? Nope. Fern bay club, have fun.
High speed drifts without hitting walls? South City? What?

Check.
I think that a racing simulator is mainly "racing" and secondly "drifting". There's a good reason for this. I respect drifters, but I must say that drifting is kinda... not logical. You see... when you race a car, and I mean race, the goal is to keep it straight, you know... like not make smoke and turn everywhere... apparently it makes you faster. Drifter is like... all what you must not do with a car to be fast, which is why it's under "racing". LFS developpers have of goal to make the game feel the most realistic. Unfortunatly, it's not quite realistic now, which is why drifting is so easy.

p.s. Drifters usally hate me. Rednecks too...

EDIT: oh and by the way... I don't think you need a specific drifting track. People that do drift in RL drift on normal tracks or car parks, stuff like that. Still... you can ask Eric (not sure he will answer)... ask him if he wants to do one. Maybe he'll do so they can get more people in, which would be good indeed.
where's the 'most definately not' option? I don't vote in biased polls
#9 - axus
...Aston Cadet... Aston National (long straights, fair enough)... South City Sprint 2... Fern Bay Club (not very wide, but still managable)... what more do you need?
i don't drift and it doesn't interest me at all, but i think it would be good to have a track with nice corners for the drifters.

i think it was the original need for speed undergraound that had drifting events. it was kinda fun to do.

if it improves the member base then i say go for it.

speedfreak227
being a "LFS" drifter myself i dont really think we need "Drift Tracks", the tracks are fine as they are. Just look at things like D1GP, most of the awsome battles are done on race tracks. you want a drift track fernbay is as close as i think it should get
I think one dedicated drift track wouldn't go a miss as otherwise there's a risk we'll see new tracks with horrible flat slow linked constant radius harpins due to the pressure on the Devs to accomodate drifters (like they're playing around putting drift corners into Snetterton).
Quote from [FuLLocK]JoK3R :You want a drift track Fernbay is as close as i think it should get

Yup, I think FE Gold Reverse is the best one, or maybe Black reverse
Quote from NaBUru38 :It's been already posted that Corsica-like loops or tarmac-rallycross circuits would be a cool addition, IMO there should be more track variety.

As the LFS Wiki says, currennt rallycross tracks' speed averages go between 90km/h and 105km/h with the FZ 50, while the slowest tarmac track (South City Sprint 2) gets 115km/h. There is room for slower tarmac tracks.

Hate to point it out but you'd get more variety if you bought LFS. When you actually drive the FZ on South City you'll soon find it's a pretty slow tight track, make them any slower of tighter and they'll have no chance to have any sort of flow.
i think that, every track is a good drift track, you cant like them if you dont learn them first. but it would be good if there is some tracks that are "only" desinged for drifting
geez, bro!
1. Theres that auto-x shit 4 slo'-ass d-axn (for example, check drift challenge topic from layout section, i've had lots of fun drifting it!)
2. Please try to write proper english?
3. As many fellows have said already, most of the tracks are suitable to drift.
LFS is not a drifting simulation. Altough with the current physics some people think so...
I always thought RL drifting was done on particular sections of tracks anyway, not purpose-built drifting tracks...

Perhaps a tool where you could set seperate start and finish lines on a particular track would be useful to drifters who didn't want to use a whole circuit. Is there a tool like that in existence already? Forgive my noobishness if there is, I only play this game, I don't have the skills or patience to use or make addons
Quote from Blowtus :where's the 'most definately not' option? I don't vote in biased polls

Agreed.
either way.. how much fun would it be to race some of these cars on mountain runs? that would be bundles of fun
Quote from Hankstar :I always thought RL drifting was done on particular sections of tracks anyway, not purpose-built drifting tracks...

Perhaps a tool where you could set seperate start and finish lines on a particular track would be useful to drifters who didn't want to use a whole circuit. Is there a tool like that in existence already? Forgive my noobishness if there is, I only play this game, I don't have the skills or patience to use or make addons

The layout editor (Shift+U)? I think you cant set a start/finish line with it.
Quote from deggis :The layout editor (Shift+U)? I think you cant set a start/finish line with it.

Ah! There you go then
One learns something every day if one has the courage to admit one's ignorance
Quote from masternick :tho i would like to see a drift track based from a real one like nikko i know it's never going to happen

iroha pass is no track, it's a public road.
Quote from XCNuse :either way.. how much fun would it be to race some of these cars on mountain runs? that would be bundles of fun

amazingly fun!

I'm seriously hoping it gets implemented, since I enjoy doing the same thing in real life.
Just overall, we could use some point to point races, which someone (I think Sam) has said is impossible due to LFS's engine.

Or maybe that was an open course.

Drift Tracks needed!!
(177 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG