The online racing simulator
Public Apology
(132 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Gunn :Take a day off Bontemps. See you in 24 hours, hopefully you'll have learned not to be deliberately disruptive by then.

Thank you.
Quote from Gentlefoot :Message to Preston:

Ignore all the negative comments. I believe you deserve a second chance. Come to the R4R Team Server sometime and we'll show you how to be quicker and work on your racing skills.

Ofcourse if you were to wreck anyone on our server on purpose you would be banned but I'm sure you will behave yourself from now on if you have good friendly racers like the R4R team around you.

GF

Gentlefoot, if Preston takes advantage of this opportunity, please let us know how he does. I'm not saying I will un-ban him, simply because of the language he used on my server, but I would like to see him put forth an effort at making amends.
Quote from banshee56 :Gentlefoot, if Preston takes advantage of this opportunity, please let us know how he does. I'm not saying I will un-ban him, simply because of the language he used on my server, but I would like to see him put forth an effort at making amends.

No worries dude. If he takes me up on my offer I'll let you know.
I'm really interested to see where this goes. If it goes well, then it'll be unprecedented and very positive. If it goes south, then half the people in the thread will have polish up their "told you so" speech. Keep us updated!
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :I'm really interested to see where this goes. If it goes well, then it'll be unprecedented and very positive. If it goes south, then half the people in the thread will have polish up their "told you so" speech. Keep us updated!

+1 No pressure to Preston but you are being watched, in good way, I hope
Quote from Gentlefoot :Message to Preston:

Ignore all the negative comments. I believe you deserve a second chance. Come to the R4R Team Server sometime and we'll show you how to be quicker and work on your racing skills.

Ofcourse if you were to wreck anyone on our server on purpose you would be banned but I'm sure you will behave yourself from now on if you have good friendly racers like the R4R team around you.

GF

Fair play that man. Good on ya, I really hope it doesn't backfire tho! :worried:

Its good to see someone with a little faith in human nature, rather than the 'holier than thou' bollox spouted by some (most) of the previous posters. Certainly given me an idea or two for servers to avoid.
lol, ok then.
Quote from banshee56 :Yep....nice going. You can join Preston.

/ban Bontemps 999

I'll have no more comments on this, as it is now a waste of my time.

Are you a schoolteacher, by any chance?

Was Bontemps banned for 'wrecking'?
Quote from CSU1 :And DON'T EAT AND DRIVE!!!

i had bad experiences with that, screwed my lap last lap on a 38 lap race
Thanks for owning up - If only people didn't do it in the 1st place. There are servers if they want to go and do that.

I know it can be sometimes fun to mess about but you mess up someones effort in trying to do well in a race!
well done everyone for all sticking together. For all those that want to ban me from their servers for speaking out on a forum fine. This game is slowly becoming a ban fest with people threatening bans all over the place.

Im actually a good racer who never really finished lower than 5. Just annoyed at the bully tactics of this forum. Its like people are scared to say anything negative in case the get banned. Its ridiculous.

Sure some of you will start calling me a twat or whatever fine. You will find me on the games racing rather than posting.

Ciao
Quote from Bontemps :well done everyone for all sticking together. For all those that want to ban me from their servers for speaking out on a forum fine. This game is slowly becoming a ban fest with people threatening bans all over the place.

Im actually a good racer who never really finished lower than 5. Just annoyed at the bully tactics of this forum. Its like people are scared to say anything negative in case the get banned. Its ridiculous.

Sure some of you will start calling me a twat or whatever fine. You will find me on the games racing rather than posting.

Ciao

Your posts were completely out of line and now you're pulling the martyr cape on because you got your ass handed back to you. Maybe you need to get your facts right:

1) Nobody gives a damn about you or your opinions if you act like an ass.
2) Race fair, post nice and we all love you. Just like the loving couple in Titanic except there's less chance of tits ending up drawn here.

During the early days of S2 Alpha I got myself banned from a nice server for two weeks. The reason? I acted like a proper idiot in-game and insulted the other guy after a blue flag incident.

Learned my lesson and didn't feel the need to bang nails into my wrists or play the attention whore role on the forums.

Bans are good.
Quote from spankmeyer :Your posts were completely out of line and now you're pulling the martyr cape on because you got your ass handed back to you. Maybe you need to get your facts right:

1) Nobody gives a damn about you or your opinions if you act like an ass.
2) Race fair, post nice and we all love you. Just like the loving couple in Titanic except there's less chance of tits ending up drawn here.

During the early days of S2 Alpha I got myself banned from a nice server for two weeks. The reason? I acted like a proper idiot in-game and insulted the other guy after a blue flag incident.

Learned my lesson and didn't feel the need to bang nails into my wrists or play the attention whore role on the forums.

Bans are good.

nice post. Your mum must be proud.
Quote from spankmeyer :Your posts were completely out of line and now you're pulling the martyr cape on because you got your ass handed back to you...

Bans are good.

So is a little bleach for the gene pool.

Quote from Bontemps :nice post. Your mum must be proud.

I rest my case.
Quote from Bontemps :Its like people are scared to say anything negative in case the get banned. Its ridiculous.

YOU were not banned for what you said but how you said it.
Quote from Preston4321 :Hello everybody. For some of you, you might know me as Preston4321, RED, FalconF17 and many more names.

I have been "noobing" around and wrecking people on purpose in servers the past few weeks, and It needs to stop. I know I have a problem when it comes to playing right and I acknowlage that. I would like to Publicly Apologize to everbody b/c I've messed up alot of races and racers and I can asure you it WILL NOT happan anymore. I would hope the bans I have gotton in servers would be lifted but if not thats fine its the fact that I apologize that matters to me and hopfully you to.

Also on the other hand if you have any tips for new drivers like myself if you could post them thanks.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. It's funny how you understand that you need to stop only after you have been banned from everywhere.

I say keep him banned for at least 3-4 months. So he can really think it over. If he does it again, ban him indefinitely.
hahaha do what you like! You really think i care that much? Yeah i play LFS here and there but its not my life. Your a lonely person hey. Got out on your bike for a ride. Feel the breeze in your hair. Meet a girl maybe!!

Or post on a forum and play all day. lol idiot

Quote from PLAYLIFE :Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. It's funny how you understand that you need to stop only after you have been banned from everywhere.

I say keep him banned for at least 3-4 months. So he can really think it over. If he does it again, ban him indefinitely.

Bontemps.

It's just simple, you don't get it. Your view is, "I can say what I like, how I like, to whoever I like and it doesn't matter what anyone else else says".

Swearing and insulting people will not get people to take your opinions seriously or listen to you, they will just switch off and either ignore you or instead of replying to the point you're trying to make they'll react to your insult instead.

.......never mind you're just doing it all over again.
Quote from Bontemps :Im actually a good racer who never really finished lower than 5.

LFSW Doesn't back you up as being that good!

Total stats:
Travelled distance:11176Ml
Fuel burnt:5274 Ltr
Laps:4948
Hosts joined:1030
Races won:16
Second:42
Third:55
Finished:682
Qualifications:15
Pole Positions:0
Drags / Wins:0 / 0

You've won just 2% of races you've finished, and finished in the top three in less than 17% of them... You might not often finish below 5th, but you rarely finished above 5th either by the looks of it.

So, my hypothesis is that you as good at racing as you are at being mature and grown up - i.e. not very.

And the fact you keep telling us to go outside and play on bicycles and meet girls implies to me that you don't, you know you should, but are scared that people might realise you are a lonely little boy in your bedroom.
illepall bontemps, you need to sort out whatever is bothering you. Attacking random people will lead you nowhere... fast. Perhaps it's a good idea to take your own advice - go ride your bike etc.
Quote from tristancliffe :LFSW Doesn't back you up as being that good!

Total stats:
Travelled distance:11176Ml
Fuel burnt:5274 Ltr
Laps:4948
Hosts joined:1030
Races won:16
Second:42
Third:55
Finished:682
Qualifications:15
Pole Positions:0
Drags / Wins:0 / 0

You've won just 2% of races you've finished, and finished in the top three in less than 17% of them... You might not often finish below 5th, but you rarely finished above 5th either by the looks of it.

Maybe he meant against the AI.
Bontemps,

I'm pretty sure the 'lesson' you've 'learned' today was...

Most people on this forum (forums in general?) are wankers.

At least, that's the lesson that I've learned!
Quote from garph :Swearing and insulting people will not get people to take your opinions seriously or listen to you, they will just switch off and either ignore you or instead of replying to the point you're trying to make they'll react to your insult instead.

I hate to quote myself but this is the reason most threads turn into nastyness like this.

This one just took a nap for 24 hours and started right back up again.
Quote from sam1600 :Bontemps,

I'm pretty sure the 'lesson' you've 'learned' today was...

Tiny amount of people on this forum (forums in general?) are attention sluts that cause most of the crap talk here.

At least, that's the lesson that I've learned!

There, I fixed it for you.
know what. Im done with posting you will all be happy to hear. Better things to do than talk to some of the muppets here.

Goodbye everyone. See you on the race tracks.
This thread is closed

Public Apology
(132 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG