The online racing simulator
Public Apology
(132 posts, closed, started )
Quote from sidi :I guess once you sussed out ppl just need to press ctrl+shift to get your licensed name you had to change your ways Big grin and for a tip i can only suggest hard work as lfs demands lots of practice Smile

Exactly. All of the statements from the post - starter in effect sum up to

"Hi, I really enjoyed being a dick and crashing everyone, driving the wrong way, etc etc, for the past month or two. Now I'm banned on every public server, and it's not as much fun when there's noone left to piss off......I guess I've learned my lesson...I'm ready to be less dick-like, if I have to"

Maybe you have learned your lesson. Hope it's applicable to the next game
you buy.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Thanks for your apology. And thanks also to all the server admins who've banned you to make sure I never have to put up with your car being in the same race as me. Thanks guys! Thumbs up

Well said, and I hope the admins keep it that way, A tiger don't change his stripes.
Quote from mikey_G :Well said, and I hope the admins keep it that way, A tiger don't change his stripes.

But see a tigar cant change his stripes I can change my ways. I've been practicing in sp with AI and like I said it could take more than a month b4 im ready.
Training with AI is useless imo, and people don't change.
Quote from mikey_G :Training with AI is useless imo, and people don't change.

People do change, get out more and find out for yourself.
Not really though - get out there and see for yourself.

And if they do change, it's over a matter of years about major stuff. With you, I think you'll probably race fairly until the first time someone squeezes you or says something you don't like, then you'll try and wreck them in a fit of immature temper, and all the bans you've got will be justified.

Put it this way, if I was a server owner, I'd be typing /ban preston4321 999 to make sure it's all up to date and I can sleep easy.
Quote from Preston4321 :People do change, get out more and find out for yourself.

I have found that out myself. People just change the way they act temporarily.

And a funny thing is that you first apologize for your wrecking, and then want to make movies of your wrecking...
Quote from mikey_G :I have found that out myself. People just change the way they act temporarily.

And a funny thing is that you first apologize for your wrecking, and then want to make movies of your wrecking...

Hmm maybe you didnt read it right, but what ever your just trying to change the attitude of this thread and turning it to somthing it shouldnt be, so bug off.
#34 - JTbo
I'm perhaps naive, but I believe people can change, when given opportunity. Crying that people won't change and not giving this guy a opportunity will just makes shit to happen, I hope that those who don't believe people could change would drop it and stand back, see how things go and if things go back to old you can have your laugh, but before that just watch and eat your popcorn Thumbs up

I wish that thread starter will stay strong and don't let negative opinions let you down and drag back to old bad habits, show them you are better Smile
The only non-changing persons I've seen in my entire life were dead. If someone thinks that the true nature of people never changes, he's entitled to do so, and probably he's right. But education is different from nature: it can only come with time and learning.
did you know a tigers skin is spotted (it's fur is striped) i swear lads it's true. imo once a wrecker, always a wrecker. you say you have stopped wrecking but i think it's more like "i have not been cought since the last time". someone said (tristancliffe i think) that you might not wreck until you get bumped or something nasty is said to you then the wrecker in you will be unleashed again. i believe this to be very true.
you shouldn't be wrecking in the first place, this is not single player.
Quote from JTbo :I'm perhaps naive, but I believe people can change, when given opportunity. Crying that people won't change and not giving this guy a opportunity will just makes shit to happen, I hope that those who don't believe people could change would drop it and stand back, see how things go and if things go back to old you can have your laugh, but before that just watch and eat your popcorn Thumbs up

I wish that thread starter will stay strong and don't let negative opinions let you down and drag back to old bad habits, show them you are better Smile

Thanks for standing up for me, and I am staying strong, the only people that could ever put me down would have to see me in real life and tell me it to my face in real life, then they have a little bit of a chance to put me down Cool
Quote from dadge :did you know a tigers skin is spotted (it's fur is striped) i swear lads it's true. imo once a wrecker, always a wrecker. you say you have stopped wrecking but i think it's more like "i have not been cought since the last time". someone said (tristancliffe i think) that you might not wreck until you get bumped or something nasty is said to you then the wrecker in you will be unleashed again. i believe this to be very true.
you shouldn't be wrecking in the first place, this is not single player.

Well I can asure you if sombody wrecks me ill just ignore it, its only a game as alot of people say, and I wount take my emotions out on the whole server.
People can certainly change. All they need is a worthy motivation to do so.
I think there's a good chance Preston won't wreck as it seems he has found out how useless it is to do so. Racing is something you need a start with to be competitive, but after you're off, it's way more fun than wrecking.

Preston, I'm curious, why did you wreck in the first place? Were you trying to express social irritations online? Or what? Lie down on the sofa and tell Dr. Sam..
#40 - Jakg
Quote from Preston4321 :Well I can asure you if sombody wrecks me ill just ignore it, its only a game as alot of people say, and I wount take my emotions out on the whole server.

then why did you do it?

if i were a server admin, i wouldn't unban you just yet, and pop on a server and watch you instead
Quote from (SaM) :Preston, I'm curious, why did you wreck in the first place? Were you trying to express social irritations online? Or what? Lie down on the sofa and tell Dr. Sam..

... and please start by stating your name and admitting that you are a wrecker ...

Preston: Hi, my name is Preston and I'm a wrecker.

Therapist: Very good, Preston, insight is your first step to improvement. to group: Okay, group, let's give Preston a warm welcome.
Quote from (SaM) :People can certainly change. All they need is a worthy motivation to do so.
I think there's a good chance Preston won't wreck as it seems he has found out how useless it is to do so. Racing is something you need a start with to be competitive, but after you're off, it's way more fun than wrecking.

Preston, I'm curious, why did you wreck in the first place? Were you trying to express social irritations online? Or what? Lie down on the sofa and tell Dr. Sam..

Hi Dr.Sam my name is Preston age 15, USA, and I'm a wrecker.
ok Dr.Sam I was just getting used to the game. I joied a race at first and was getting my steering wheel set up and started driving, well I got out of pits and my gas wouldnt let off so I had no brakes and I rammed a bunch of people at a turn they all were hatfull and were like omg wtf noob and then it just said ban, I didnt even get a chance to explain, so then I was like F that so I just went around wrecking b/c I was like you know what ever.
-
(mikey_G) DELETED by mikey_G : i need glasses
My thoughts. People generally don't change, they grow up. They mature. That is not "I've changed my ways". That is a fact of getting older. Though, not everyone grows up and matures as they get older. There are plenty just here in LFS who have never matured, yet are older. They get on the servers, crash and wreck (not meaning purposefully here), then get all bent outa shape when someone tries to help them. Or the opposite happens when people get all bent outta shape because of a newbie or less skilled racer is on the track with them.

"Once a wrecker always a wrecker" doesn't work for me. I've done my share of mischief as a youngster, which is all the wrecker attitude really is. I'm now 34 and no, I'm not getting myself into that mischief any more. I've grown up and matured (many moons ago, that is Big grin ). The unfortunate thing for Preston, is that he found out his license that he paid for just a few months ago is pretty much useless now after his "mischief". Perhaps it was a growing up lesson for him finding out that he is banned everywhere worth going to in LFS from his actions. Perhaps he has changed now due to some fast maturing and learning the consequenses of his ways. As long as he stays banned, then no one will ever know.

Preston, I really do hope you have learned and have matured a bit from this experience. It is a lesson of growing up, that everything you do may have consequenses held against you.

Good luck to you. Nice to see you come here with a public apology. Whether it is because you are upset that you can't go on the servers and have your "fun" anymore or the fact that you have matured from this we can't know. But coming here with the apology is a nice gesture and I hope a sincere gesture.
Quote from mrodgers :My thoughts. People generally don't change, they grow up. They mature. That is not "I've changed my ways". That is a fact of getting older. Though, not everyone grows up and matures as they get older. There are plenty just here in LFS who have never matured, yet are older. They get on the servers, crash and wreck (not meaning purposefully here), then get all bent outa shape when someone tries to help them. Or the opposite happens when people get all bent outta shape because of a newbie or less skilled racer is on the track with them.

"Once a wrecker always a wrecker" doesn't work for me. I've done my share of mischief as a youngster, which is all the wrecker attitude really is. I'm now 34 and no, I'm not getting myself into that mischief any more. I've grown up and matured (many moons ago, that is Big grin ). The unfortunate thing for Preston, is that he found out his license that he paid for just a few months ago is pretty much useless now after his "mischief". Perhaps it was a growing up lesson for him finding out that he is banned everywhere worth going to in LFS from his actions. Perhaps he has changed now due to some fast maturing and learning the consequenses of his ways. As long as he stays banned, then no one will ever know.

Preston, I really do hope you have learned and have matured a bit from this experience. It is a lesson of growing up, that everything you do may have consequenses held against you.

Good luck to you. Nice to see you come here with a public apology. Whether it is because you are upset that you can't go on the servers and have your "fun" anymore or the fact that you have matured from this we can't know. But coming here with the apology is a nice gesture and I hope a sincere gesture.

Thanks for your support, I just hope I will get unbanned from alot of servers, its no fun going into the ones with 1 or 2 people and racing them.... Well thanks again.
#45 - Jakg
Quote from Preston4321 :Thanks for your support, I just hope I will get unbanned from alot of servers, its no fun going into the ones with 1 or 2 people and racing them.... Well thanks again.

no offence, but YOUR the one thats caused this, you being banned is not a punishment, its protection for the good clean racers not to get wrecked by some immature twat, like most wreckers seem to be, if you say you've changed, then great, but how can you prove it?
"People don't change" Is just not right. The only constant IN the universe is change, and that includes humans. Although I think a more accurate description would be "The rate a person changes diminishes as age increases". Preston4321 is still young and pliable and he can likely make some choices at the many crossroads that will come his way over the next years.
#47 - JTbo
Quote from Jakg :no offence, but YOUR the one thats caused this, you being banned is not a punishment, its protection for the good clean racers not to get wrecked by some immature twat, like most wreckers seem to be, if you say you've changed, then great, but how can you prove it?

I guess that racing in some league might do good job here.
Quote from Preston4321 :Thanks for your support, I just hope I will get unbanned from alot of servers, its no fun going into the ones with 1 or 2 people and racing them.... Well thanks again.

Just give it time. You've taken the first step by appologizing publically. If you keep racing clean, people will eventually unban you or see you race clean and then unban you.
Hang in there.
Quote from mrodgers :[...]Or the opposite happens when people get all bent outta shape because of a newbie or less skilled racer is on the track with them.[...]

Unfortunately it happens in real life racing, people don't like newer people being faster and in front of them. Shrug

@Preston - good to see you're trying to change your ways although I would have thought a better time to do it would have been when I kicked you off Moo. Shrug
Quote from Jakg :no offence, but YOUR the one thats caused this, you being banned is not a punishment, its protection for the good clean racers not to get wrecked by some immature twat, like most wreckers seem to be, if you say you've changed, then great, but how can you prove it?

Racing you or sombody else in a server full of people.
This thread is closed

Public Apology
(132 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG