The online racing simulator
Karting
(85 posts, started )
lol, I had 2 flats and a broken chain on that weekend so i am allowed the excuses. I actually finished 15th out of 34 when my tyre was flat for 6 laps so I didn't complain too much Just had to lean over a bit in some corners!

We got my engine rebuilt, with fische for 150 odd quid, Must be more expensive down your end!
full rebuild, top and bottom end with everything replaced, oil seals, bearings, everything? ill send my motor up north lol

ps metalstar, whats the best way to remove oil from a racesuit, i cant remember lol
Use one of those oxy action cleaners or buy a new suit lol!

The oxy stuff works ok, but i have a few oil stains that are never going to come out Fortunately my suit is red and black so it doesnt show up too much.

Rebuild £50
Rebore £18
Fische £60
+ parts and about 25quid labour.

Thats only a rough break down but its quite good
i have a white and red intrepid suit :mad::arge:

lol here its more like

Rebuild 80
Parts 90
Fische 120
bore and hone 50
Labour 30

so close to 400 :/
who do u use?
lol, tip-ex maybe

Edited my post above BTW
i wonder if brake cleaner works...
You can get a 'Dry Cleaning Fluid' in little bottles. We use it at work for getting the occasional oil mark off car upholstry, and it's pretty good. Who makes it, I can't remember...
cheers tristan, i phoned a proper dry cleaners and they said they can do it! i was looking for laundry lol...

i hope it wouldnt damage the race suit or run the colors etc
YES im getting my formula a engine in a few days

now all i need is that intrepid chassis...
you make it sound so cheap saying that :P

Heres a pic of the piston that came out of my TKM, its a right mess probaly can't see it very well from that pic but couldn't be arsed even bothering to ask my Dad for his SLR camera as he probaly would have said "No!!" So I had to take it with the crappy thing which I couldn't get to focus well close up

Keiran
The fact that the piston is missing about 20% of itself, and that the ring grooves have complete worn (broken) away, does show up on that photo. If there is worse stuff I CAN'T see, then I don't want to know. Bet the bores looked a bit worse for wear too...
This track looks a bit similar to the place I'm trying to make it at least twice a month now Also some slippery surface and laptimes seem about the same
I did 27.09 on my 2nd 8 min session I've done there, track record is 25.21
But both of the times the times have been quite close to the record on all of the laps in the end, so I need to drive at least 12 mins, then the tyres get nicely warmed for some better times
yay rudi has the karting bug Maybe u want to come to the UK, meet the devs and drive on our little track im serious

indoor tracks are very fun to start learning karts, and to go when u r fast

the main thing u have to remember with indoor kart places is that ALL of the karts are different, some have good engines and bad chassis, some have new tyres on one side and some have old tyres all round, others are pure bad and others are great! The amount of fuel in the tank makes a big difference at places like this, with so little power, 4kg is alot of weight to carry around, so demand the marshalls to sypen out the fuel

try all of the different karts and ask the marshalls which ones the good and bad ones are, if they are anything like over here, they wont want you to use the best one, because its 'theirs' and they wanna drive it when u have gone home

then get the tyres warm and u will do 24s hehe

PS post a vid of u driving pls, i wanna see teh rudi driving in real life!
hey keiran, im buying a 2004 intrepid silverstone from a guy called Matt Isaac, drives for Hobzie Motorsport and races junior max. ever heard of him? Im gettin a bargain on this chassis problem is its in Somerset right near Clay Pidgeon, and i have no way to collect it... any ideas?

if u know him, is he quick?

Heres the very chassis im buying, with a 100 Nat engine already on it
Attached images
Intrepid 100 Nat.jpg
nice kart I may have heard of him .. Can't think of the top of my head exactly who he is but I'm pretty sure I've heard of him. Does he race up this way i.e Boyndie, Golspie and Crail. Never went to larkhall so wouldn't know him from there.

@Tristan
The piston was brand new only a few hours old The previous owner did it himself and didn't replace something (can't remember what ) but it was a part which wouldn't cost much yet he used ones from the old piston that came out Yea the bore was a mess :faint2: Cost a fortune to get it rebuilt, I'm pretty sure it was about £200 :/ I have casings from a Max engine which look worse after a few hours old con rod broke and went wild inside the engine :eek:

Keiran
im gunna come up north to get my motors done, thats half what it costs here, and your motor was blown up LOL!
Well, heh, our best driver in Estonia tryed some kart tracks lately and he said this one was the toughest one and the karts were quite even.
Well, the track is indeed very bumpy and veryvery tight, It's about 1.3 karts wide in tightest point. Well, 8 mins killed my hands completely the first time and made me sweat. I also tryed another track, outdoor, 8 mins was a piece of cake compared to that. Dont think I can get a vid, dont have such cam to put in the kart
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :im gunna come up north to get my motors done, thats half what it costs here, and your motor was blown up LOL!

Seems that way!

I get mine done by Nick Abbott at Head2Head motorsport, but i just give them to Ian Shaw at zip north and he passes them on. Maybe i get a little discount due to my dad racing him in formula E back in the day
Kx500 powered
Anyone want a go on this beast? Because i sure do.

Looking at around 65 bhp, for a 300lb machine. Didn't say if this was with or without driver, doesnt matter though, it will still shift. Tuned, it'll make about 80bhp..

(click image to see more pics..)

I want one.

[edit] Out of interest, have any of you lot visited my local kart track? http://www.ukfasttrack.com/

Not been open very long...
Quote from L(Oo)ney :Anyone want a go on this beast? Because i sure do.

Looking at around 65 bhp, for a 300lb machine. Didn't say if this was with or without driver, doesnt matter though, it will still shift. Tuned, it'll make about 80bhp..

http://www.allthingsmoto.com/p ... 0/medium/kart_small_2.JPG

Not been open very long...

Funny thing about those is, you could by a Stock 250 twin superkart which would leave it for dust, even a 125 gearbox would beat it still, i think with the big engined ones its about the work that goes into it aswell. sure would be fun, but would be faster and safer with a light purpose built superkart engine

someone did the same thing with a GSXR 600 engine! Sounded great but wasnt as fast by a long way,

BTW - most of the superkart engines have about 70-90bhp and weigh 250-270kg with the driver illepall
Quote from Metalstar :Funny thing about those is, you could by a Stock 250 twin superkart which would leave it for dust, even a 125 gearbox would beat it still, i think with the big engined ones its about the work that goes into it aswell. sure would be fun, but would be faster and safer with a light purpose built superkart engine

Yeah, it would, but like you said, its the fact that one person "bodged" this together in his garage that makes it much more special then something you can buy.

I've seen the gixxerkart a while back, it's actually a GXSR 1100 fourstroke in it, giving out about 113/116 bhp.

The problem with that one is, its got too much power, does nothing but powerslide everywhere, and it looks like it eats tyres pretty quick aswell.

The kx will no doubt be the same, but i dont think you would notice much once its in the powerband. Too busy giggling to yourself, or wetting your pants..
[size]<- click me[/size]
@Metalstar - I bet u have seen that a million times, karting forum lol
hehe, metalstar, heres andy getting pwned by some fool
Mind you, that driver 83 at the end looks pretty cool now

thats a pretty fast kart, i bet it could do 190mph easy (300kph)

EDIT: hmm, it says it can only do 170kph, superkarts can do about 170mph (270kph) one some tracks, and they have 20hp less...

Attachment, oh dear, what a wrecker!
Attached files
cappottamento_kart.rar - 741.6 KB - 267 views
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :@Metalstar - I bet u have seen that a million times, karting forum lol
hehe, metalstar, heres andy getting pwned by some fool
Mind you, that driver 83 at the end looks pretty cool now

thats a pretty fast kart, i bet it could do 190mph easy (300kph)

EDIT: hmm, it says it can only do 170kph, superkarts can do about 170mph (270kph) one some tracks, and they have 20hp less...

lol, that "fool" is John Halliwell and he is actually a good driver usually, hes a nice guy aswell, him and andy are good mates so they fell out a bit over that

I had a good battle for the novice trophy in that race, it was the platinum cup shown on Motors TV a while ago, they gave us all a DVD of it. My mugshot comes up in the B-Final, missed the A final by 1 place
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :EDIT: hmm, it says it can only do 170kph, superkarts can do about 170mph (270kph) one some tracks, and they have 20hp less...

Im sure if they added the aero modifications like they have on superkarts, it would reach the same speed easily.. ?

BTW, have any of you ever heared of "kartvader"?

Have a weird feeling about mentioning KV here, so just incase...

*me puts on flame proof suit*

[edit] Wow, i read that too quick, your telling me they go an extra 100kph faster then that? For real?

Karting
(85 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG