The online racing simulator
Karting
(85 posts, started )
will, i'll get some [4SR] shirts made
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :hmm, the engine u used was probably a 120cc Honda, instead of the 2 stroke 60cc Comer engine. Hondas have much nicer bottom end power, being 4 strokes. Cadet is a good class to learn.

The difference here is weight, your cadet probably did about 50mph - 55mph, i think the weigh limit was 95kg including driver, am i correct? where as these GP karts probably are approaching 200kg with driver, and can only reach about 40mph.

the swiss hutless have always been quick, the build quality has been a little shoddy of late, drive it for a few laps, everything has vibrated off, and all u r left holding is the wheel

Yea can't remember the weight of the cadet but it was pretty light. Our club was holding a corprate hire race with pro karts and me with my one engined thing thrashed them They were pretty puzzled on how I was quicker till they realised the weight difference. The only thing with the honda cadet was if you were to slide in a corner then it just bogged down. Most of the time the Comer karts are the ones to win if your in a mixed grid, unless it rains when you can really show off the honda power

Being honest my Swiss hutless had no problems at all. Even after all the bumps and bashes from some big headed team drivers using you as brakes It was the best chassis I raced and it was so calm under braking making over taking easier. I think it was a 99 swiss hutless chassis but not 100% sure.

Do you race karts ?? Or you must be involved some how as you know a lot about the tech side.

Keiran
yea i raced TKM for a manufacturer and have driven rotax a bit. my mate races formula A and european ICA aswell, so i might do ICA next year instead of TKM and max.

the intrepid or the birel is the choice CIK chassis nowdays, the swiss hutless is quick, the problem is the fact that it just falls apart.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :yea i raced TKM for a manufacturer and have driven rotax a bit. my mate races formula A and european ICA aswell, so i might do ICA next year instead of TKM and max.

the intrepid or the birel is the choice CIK chassis nowdays, the swiss hutless is quick, the problem is the fact that it just falls apart.

Don't say TKM Got a piston sitting in my room which says it all ... stupid previous owner never replaced something so cheap (can't remember exactly might come back to me or I will ask my Dad who will know ) Lets just say the bill was in 3 figures. Although saying that my Dad had his rotax engine blow up spectaculary and ofcourse it had to be a race where he was racing for the win. Took out most of the following cars as its blow up into a tight corner causing a massive pile up. The con rod broke and went right through the casings and through the bottom of the engine. What a mess though the engine was packed with fine bits of metal. Turned out to be a manufacture fault on the con rod (it had just been rebuilt) yet rotax wouldn't do anything about it :/

Have you raced on any of the Scottish Tracks like Boyndie, Golspie etc ??

Keiran
did u seize the TKM? TKM rebuilds are expensive anyway, normally about £400 and not long between rebuilds, but ICA would be even less lol

yea, the rotax engines have been getting loads of conrod failiures recently, some after only a few minuites of running. rotax seems to be losing popularity.

i have raced at Larkhall and been to a track near edinburugh called the diamond, which i think susie stoddards dad owns. i have been to a few indoor places there too, one in Fife which was pretty cool.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :did u seize the TKM? TKM rebuilds are expensive anyway, normally about £400 and not long between rebuilds, but ICA would be even less lol

yea, the rotax engines have been getting loads of conrod failiures recently, some after only a few minuites of running. rotax seems to be losing popularity.

i have raced at Larkhall and been to a track near edinburugh called the diamond, which i think susie stoddards dad owns. i have been to a few indoor places there too, one in Fife which was pretty cool.

Cool Larkhall is part of the group of tracks I raced at except I never went to Larkhall Yea it was a little spacer type thing (i think would need to ask my Dad :P) which popped out and well the end result was me spinning round at the front of the pack I think it was about £200 and the guy that rebuilt it only charged like £30 labour which was nice of him After that I really took the year out and only raced at my local club because the chassis we were running was not right (slightly tweaked) and the fact that the engine cost so much to rebuild. Rotax Max was so reliable back when me and my Dad raced it with my Dad's blow up being the only one the guy had heard of but now they seem to be going downhill . It's a shame as it's a great class and the way the engine lets you know without doing damage if the jetting is wrong

Keiran
Any links to onboard or karting action i can download. NOT Kart hire plz..

Geoff
hmm, i beleive i did see some onboard videos of proper karts once, ill see what i can find. theres a vid of hire karts in the UK kart meeting thread, and it looks so slow :/

EDIT: Heres a link to a Junior Rotax UK kart going around a track called Glan-y-gors

Onboard Footage

heres some other footage
does anyone want to buy a kart? im moving to ICA for sure and i need to sell the old thing (hint, kerian cough )

its my old Venom Avante 2001
Attached images
DSCF0107.JPG
DSCF0115.JPG
I'd buy it!

But I have nowhere to keep it, nowhere to drive it, and I can't afford it.

This was going to be a great, funny, original post, but it's turned out rather disappointing in the end... oh well...
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :does anyone want to buy a kart? im moving to ICA for sure and i need to sell the old thing (hint, kerian cough )

just out of interest, how much you wanting for it mate?
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :does anyone want to buy a kart? im moving to ICA for sure and i need to sell the old thing (hint, kerian cough )

*noooo the evil* I was glad to see my TKM disappear off in the back of someone elses trailer Although saying that I know a few people who prefer racing TKM over Max but for me it was the other way round. Just press a button and your away

Keiran

edit // Them tyres are looking fairly new
i get new tyres every meeting, cant be walkin in old boots

100 quid scotty, im movin to ICA u see
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :i get new tyres every meeting, cant be walkin in old boots

100 quid scotty, im movin to ICA u see

lucky you In my whole 3 years I raced (3 different classes) I only had one new set of tyres in Max as it was a big meeting. I used them all year and I was still beating the ones who turned up with new tyres every meeting even gave Carol Brown who became Scottish champion a run for her money. Although the cheeky girl put me on the grass when I clearly had the corner

Surely you can get more than £100 for that TKM :o we just sold a kart from early 90s for £80 and it's not even running and needs tyres It used to run but its sat for so long without being fired up it needs a good clean

Keiran
i just want to sell it really, the engine isnt included
£100 is tempting wouldn't use it though, apart from driving up and down our drive and annoying the neighbours :P :P
£100 is tempting for me too... how much are engines...
it doesn't come with an engine??? lol.

what am I supposed to do? push it?
Just find a really big hill.. And pretend its got an engine by making the sounds yourself.

£100 seems like a reasonable price to me, not that i would know, as im not "into" karts much, prefer my bike's.

What engine's will fit on it stock?

I've always wanted a Kart, but i want something with some power, not your poxy hire carts we mostly see here that struggle to get to 20mph..

Now, if you could fit a CR/KX 500 engine on it, now that would be fun! :lovies3d:
HEY i found some onboard footage from a Senior TKM kart race at a track up north called 3 Sisters, i found this on a site advertising kartkams. i recognise a few guys in that lol.

here it is
Thnx's for those clips guys. Just came across a few here in Australia
Just (right click & save as) on any of the pic in the sample free video download http://www.kartvideo.com.au/

Geoff
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :track up north called 3 Sisters

Isn't that supposed to be one of the best kart tracks in the UK? If not Europe?
its one of the best in the UK, no way in europe lol
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :did u seize the TKM? TKM rebuilds are expensive anyway, normally about £400 and not long between rebuilds, but ICA would be even less lol

you would pay £400 for a TKM rebuild?

I get mine done for less than £150, when i start rebuilding them myself it will only cost about £90 for the whole lot!

I suppose it depends where you go, but you could get a good 2nd hand TKM for £400!

Quote from ayrton senna 87 :HEY i found some onboard footage from a Senior TKM kart race at a track up north called 3 Sisters, i found this on a site advertising kartkams. i recognise a few guys in that lol.

here it is

Thats my mate Ian Ashworth at 3 sisters, Half way through the vid he overtakes kart #80 . . . . which is me

I had a right rear flat tyre at that point though hence why he just drives past me on the straight!
metalstar, dont start with the Ste Calvert style excuses ROFL

yea TKM rebuilds about 400, including fische, haed volume check etc etc

Karting
(85 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG