The online racing simulator
Banger Racing
(28 posts, started )
Banger Racing
For today, maybe tomorrow, or possibly just for an hour or two if no-one joins!...

I've setup a server with a rather ... um, peculiar layout

It's intended as a banger racing track, or maybe destruction derby... lol

The idea is to win... somehow.

Speed and finnesse will not be rewarded, setup wont help very much either.

It's a battle of the bold and the lucky:

Join Link: [url=lfs://|Banshee%20Studios|0|S2|/]Banging Becky's Server[/url] oo-la-la...
(actually called Banshee Studios)

See you there.
sweet. If the layouts good, I'm in.
Well that's subjective, I call it "champagne" - you will see why
n!ce and bangin'
ok, some rough conduct rules without any particular enforcement:

It is perfectly acceptable to spin the person you are racing against, but it isnt ok to wreck. You may send them off track deliberately, but you should be there to race rather than crash.

So what is a wreck in banger racing?

Well firstly, driving the wrong way. That's a no no. Although those who've seen the champagne track will wonder what wrong way actually means! - in this case it doesnt refer to the fast bit. On that section of track right of way belongs to people on other servers ... ! Driving the wrong way through chicanes is a no no though.

Deliberatey parking in the chicanes is shunned.

Regarding how hard to impact other cars, you should make a reasonable effort to navigate the corners. If you shake off a bit of speed with another car nobody minds, if you send that car into oblivion and stand no chance of surviving the corner without using another car, thats going in too hard.

Should drivers on the left hand sweeper stay wide? No not particularly. Right of way does not apply on that section of track .

In short, try to race cleanly in the full and certain knowledge that it's impossible to do so and you can have a lot of fun on this. I sure have tonight

I'm not sure how long this layout will stay up for, it's a test server for me and my brother uses it sometimes for private racing, so this isn't intended to be permanent.

Enjoy it while you can
grrr you stole my league.
hm enforce the anti wrecking rule a little bit harder and youll have a fun server

oh and get rid of fellan ... seriously hes a menace
#8 - SamH
Some of the people in the server this evening were definitely actively wrecking.. but when mayhem ensues, how do you know if they're doing it out of malice or because they actually believe that's what they're witnessing from others? It all makes it very difficult to admin. Fortunately for me, I don't have to!

When everyone participating was bumping for the right reasons (and there were definitely good stretches of time when this was the case), I thoroughly enjoyed the racing. I think the "all cars happy hour" should have been limited to 10 mins, but it was definitely fun to try. The best car for this server, I think, is definitely the XFG, especially with the layout that it was. Speaking of which, it does turn out to be a great layout for this kind of server.

I'm not a fan of the CnR, Citylife and Carribean-style servers. Not that I have anything against them.. I just don't enjoy THAT type of driving. I'm in it all for the racing, and if it's not racing I just don't see much point. This server definitely offers some great fun racing. Another good one, Becky. WTG
#9 - Jakg
Quote from racer hero :grrr you stole my league.

LOL, its not your league idea, banger racing has been around for a LOT longer than you, your team and your league, in no way, shape, or form did Becky "steal your league" because this isn't even a league...
can i join in ??
This was really fun last night, a break from normal racing. I seemed to hit Jakg a lot though

I had a good race with 'Shot' one time, I think he's Shotglass on the forums, our last laps were only 0.01 seconds off each other.

And, finally, I agree about the XFG, it just fits the track really well and it can take quite a beating before you have to give up and pit.
I dont know if we'll get many on this time of day, perhaps later tonight, but i've put up a new layout for today called 'Tudor Rose'.

We'll see how it goes, it might want adjusting around the 'turnstile' if lots of players arive.
#13 - Jakg
New layout rocks - im on, anyone care to join me?
I'll join for a few races before I go to bed.

EDIT: I prefer yesterday's track. Its too easy to hit people on this one.
This one is a little more traditional, it's called Bunny Hop and is for TBO's (may favorite in testing was the XRT). It's a long layout so takes some learning, and there's only 1 cross over in a 2 minute lap so it's not as frantic. The cross over, naturally, is a little unusual ...
#16 - Jakg
im on once again....
enjoyed the server while it was up. Disappointed tonight went I went to join and couldn't find it. I like racing against more-or-less the same people on the regular servers while not needing to be overly conscious of driving nicely. Hard to create a setup which is fast while remaining easy to drive with all four suspensions gone. . .
The server is 24/7 and is still there, using the join link in the first post will connect you to it. However the whole banger racing thing was meant as a weekend wonder and the event is now over.

As much as I found it fun, I dont need the extra busy server. However, I might include some form of banging racing in my future plans *evil cackle*.

*returns to stirring a bubbly liquid in a big black couldron*
STCC bonus round: Banger racing, the last driver with a moving car wins. Would make an interesting broadcast for sure.
Quote from zeugnimod :STCC bonus round: Banger racing, the last driver with a moving car wins. Would make an interesting broadcast for sure.

They've done that already, that was round two
Well, only one certain person did.
#22 - Jakg
as the person said after the race - i was under pressure, however i think i coped pretty well in a full grid

:S
Quote from zeugnimod :STCC bonus round: Banger racing, the last driver with a moving car wins. Would make an interesting broadcast for sure.

When that is nextpossible on them give me a shout please !
i went onto the server today, and all it is is the XF GTI on AS CADET? is this right or not? thx

Frenchy
The banger racing was a one off event for now. I do plan to bring branger racing back though with official STCC backing and licence progression, but it'll be a special licence extension.

Banger Racing
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG