The online racing simulator
I care even less about the server I cannot access.
did my bit- and raced clean and won a few times and podium placed much more...
now i am a silver license...
I will be back because it is fun- but WAHHH lots of jerk wreckers show up for sure.
#54 - Jakg
if you see a "jerk wrecker" go to license.ukct.net and report them!
Quote from GT Touring :did my bit- and raced clean and won a few times and podium placed much more...
now i am a silver license...
I will be back because it is fun- but WAHHH lots of jerk wreckers show up for sure.

I'm in agreement with you and just got my Silver, too. Great racing last night, but its more common for "fast" drivers to intentionally bump-pass. What annoys me most, though, is the jokers who blow their horns and scream "blue flag" even though you are leading them.

Here's a hint people: sound your horn when you are overtaking and when in a blind-spot. Not when you are three car lengths back and/or squarely behind the car in front of you.
If I catch anyone screaming blue flag on my servers i'll kick them and make a note on their licence. It's considered as unsolicited spam by me, and I really hate spammers.
Yeah I experienced the horn thing last night. Some guy was behind me, maybe slightly faster but we were racing for position and he kept honking at me. I wasn't blocking, just racing clean. He eventually rammed me into a wall.

Anyways I've been on the servers for 2 days now and I am enjoying it quite a bit, even though there seems to be way to much carnage from turn one and on.
I gave up fighting for turn 1 lol. Let the mayhem happen ans zip through clean. Consistency at the end will make u gain a spot or two if you're not the hotshot pole position regular.
Quote from -DrftMstr- :I gave up fighting for turn 1 lol. Let the mayhem happen ans zip through clean. Consistency at the end will make u gain a spot or two if you're not the hotshot pole position regular.

Thats how I always used to do it too, infact I still do if I am in the rear of the pack. You will have at least a few laps to pick them off afterwards =)
One thing I've noticed since getting onto the gold and silver server is that though the cars take up more track space there doesn't seem to be as many incidents in turn 1 as with the uf's.
I think its also that there are 3 diffrent cars running, The first corner is usually bad in the UF's as the cars are pretty much the same speed into T1 (apart from a few setup tweaks),
#62 - SamH
Quote from Neil777 :One thing I've noticed since getting onto the gold and silver server is that though the cars take up more track space there doesn't seem to be as many incidents in turn 1 as with the uf's.

I honestly believe this is because the idiots that can't get cleanly through T1 will remain on the first tier servers. That's what the system is intended to do.. separate out the capabilities into 3 tiers. There is some FANTASTIC driving in Platinum servers. The Silver & Gold too - most of these guys are making their way to Platinum.
Quote from -DrftMstr- :I gave up fighting for turn 1 lol. Let the mayhem happen ans zip through clean. Consistency at the end will make u gain a spot or two if you're not the hotshot pole position regular.

trouble with that is youll end up near the end of the field into t1 and have to work your way back up with no chance of catching the front so your licence progresses slowly
Just an update on my previous Issues - and you were right Silver in 23 days from joining

250 Races
3223 Miles
2011 Laps
40% Podiums
18 wins
33 seconds
31 thirds

and still a noob all on mouse and keyboard - TIME TO GET A WHEEL

see you all on silver after a little more practice and purchase of wheel
I took XCNuse's advice and have been doing some racing on STCC1a. Generally, seems to be a little less mayhem, but today a few things stuck out:

1) If you wreck, but are still mobile, why not soldier on back to the pits, get repaired, and rejoin instead of exiting to the pits. When you exit to the Pits, your lap count resets and you essentially become a driving spectator. Very annoying. Not to mention it rather degrades the point potential for the drivers who continue. The only time I ever exit out is when I've rolled onto the roof, then I exit to spectator and wait for the next race.

2) If you do exit to pit and then go back onto the track, why are you pressuring a driver who is still in the running? Rude, rude behavior.

3) The ubiquitous horn. You know, you could probably drive better and gain a bit more respect from other drivers if you stuck that thing where the sun don't shine.

4) "Hollering" Blue Flag! Let me pass! For one, I thought general chat during a race was prohibited, not to mention how unsporting it is. For another thing, as long as the overtaken driver is not intentionally blocking you, it's your responsibility to pass the slower car, cleanly.

There were several very gentlemen-like racers that I had the pleasure of racing against this afternoon. It's too bad the good times have to be spoiled by a few who seem to have no class.

BTW, Becky, I was so mad I exited out and forgot to save replays, so we'll chalk another session up to experience. Overall, I am enjoying my time on the STCC servers...just needed to rant a little.
#66 - SamH
hehe! Nice rant. Can't argue with any of it

Well, maybe one bit.. occasionally people will drive cars they really can't control because of damage. This can be unsporting if, while they're hobbling back to the pits, they're causing a hazard to other cars on the track. I don't think there's a hard and fast rule here, but consideration for and responsibility towards other cars must always be a primary factor in deciding whether or not to make the drive back to the pits.

Good thoughts!
Quote from SamH :...occasionally people will drive cars they really can't control because of damage. This can be unsporting if, while they're hobbling back to the pits, they're causing a hazard to other cars on the track. I don't think there's a hard and fast rule here, but consideration for and responsibility towards other cars must always be a primary factor in deciding whether or not to make the drive back to the pits.

Oh absolutely! One has to take into account the effects of trying to get back to the pits without interfering with the race. In those cases, exit to spectator is warrented.
I tryed to drive ther tonight, I lasted all of... 6 laps before I got so frustrated by others. I guess that when points are on the line, you get to see a bunch of great passing manuevers...
Quote :Not to mention it rather degrades the point potential for the drivers who continue

Just for clarity, the number of drivers in the race is based on the cars who are on the grid, not on how many cross the finishing line. I am tempted to only award points to cars which compete 75% distance or more - but the problem here is as Sam says, the fear of people driving rediculously damaged cars and wrecking everyone - especially on tracks like SO Sp1 and Sp2, and FE RallyXGn which all have no pits to repair at.
Quote from Becky Rose :I am tempted to only award points to cars which compete 75% distance or more...

Oh, no! Don't do that! After a very long time getting my silver from only gaining +5 or +7 points for winning in the XFG, I ran some of my first silver races last night. I joined in while race was in progress (after the leaders passed, hehe) and worked on my setup which meant several times going to the garage (never drove the XRT much in the last 2 years). I was quite happy to finish 1 lap of an 11 lap race and gain +84! LOL
Quote from NoQuarter :Oh absolutely! One has to take into account the effects of trying to get back to the pits without interfering with the race. In those cases, exit to spectator is warrented.

I had to drive all the way round KY Nat on the grass in a GP once in order to stay out of peoples way after a rear tyre blew at T1.
Quote from NoQuarter :1) If you wreck, but are still mobile, why not soldier on back to the pits, get repaired, and rejoin instead of exiting to the pits. [...] The only time I ever exit out is when I've rolled onto the roof, then I exit to spectator and wait for the next race.

If I wreck, I usually exit to pits, because
- I don't want to become an obstacle that the other drivers crash into (especially on narrow tracks like SO and FE).
- the sooner my car is repaired, the sooner I can try to score a few points by setting a good laptime.

The only time I continue racing is when the podium is still within reach (and the car not really limping), or when I've already set a very good laptime.
Quote :2) If you do exit to pit and then go back onto the track, why are you pressuring a driver who is still in the running? Rude, rude behavior.

I must admit I probably have "pressured" a driver who was still in the race, but it was a driver who was several seconds slower than me (and I'm not exactly an alien myself). Why? Because I wanted to set a good laptime, he was making that impossible, so I was looking for an opportunity to pass him.
The only time I will telepit is when I have had an accident and am totally in the way with other cars baring down on me and they will have nowhere to go.

If this is not the case I believe you should continue to race to the end out of respect for your opponents. There's nothing more annoying than starting a 20 lap race with 10 people only for 9 of them to drop out after crashes.
#74 - UsuL
Also in the Silver&Gold server is the same since 10/15 days. Lot of "Wannabeahero" drivers get silver licence and now they are making me really angry with the well known "LamerBasedTecnique": "When there is a turn, use the car in front of you to brake".

I'm considering if I'll continue with STCC 'couse of them: I can't make more reports then races ... we need some admins to quickly solve problems with them. I was admin in my team server, (the FM's Oval Junkies), and there was no need to make long ban or so, just force the lamer on spect, say "Do again this shit and you'll be banned" and they were changing attitude.

By the way ... Live longer and lamer!
its usually just a handful of people frequenting the server that change the whole mood - with the new features we have to send offline admin messages to drivers we are now better equipped than ever to deal with these kind of problems via the reporting system.

I'll ask the admins if they can make a special effort on STCC2 over the next week to pop on ocassionally and have a look to check everything is ok, but remember it is ok to report: It'll get human review of the replay and we are not limited to just banning - we can 'take them aside' even when they've gone off the server for an evening, and our notes system means we dont forget who the bad boys are .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG