The online racing simulator
BeSpoke for LFS S2 Patch V
(87 posts, started )
Quote from M.Catamount :my firewall keeps asking me if i wanna let bespoke connect to the internet......its not supposed to, right? doesnt sound right...

No it doesn't sound right and it's certainly not supposed to! What operating system and what firewall do you use, if you don't mind me asking? If others report the same thing then perhaps a pattern might emerge.

Quote from Dudles : is there any way to transform a XFG or a XR or whatever wheel in a XRT wheel ? because I Liked the design of a lot of wheels but I woldlike to "install" them in the other 2 models...

Changing an XRG file into an XRT file (or vice versa) can be done. You'll need a hex-editor, open the .rim file and find the 5th byte (0x04); the value is 1 for an XRG and 2 for an XRT (both in hex, not that that matters!). The XFG wheel is completely different though so you can't transfer designs to/from that.

Quote from Hyperactive :Would it be possible to add key shortcuts for opening file (ctrl+O) and full design view (ctrl+D)? I'm asking because it is quite slow to look for a rim that I like when I have to do all manually with mouse.

If that's the only problem you have with the interface then you're very understanding; it's all horribly clunky and slow to use :-D I wasn't really planning to add/change much as my free time's a little limited these days but if I get a spare hour or so I might have a look at making it slightly easier to use.
andylec...

im running xp media center edition 2005 and the windows firewall that came with sp2
Andylec, if it doesn't take too much time, could you add a right-click>insert scalar function, for the value sliders?
As in LFS.
This is absolutely GREAT let's do some screenies ^_^
edit : screeeeenieees :O
Attached images
bespoke.jpg
bespoke_1.jpg
bespoke_2.jpg
#30 - joen
Didn´t expect to see this come out. Looks pretty cool though.
Can´t wait to try this out when I get home
i swear i tried... but i'm satill having problems making wheels... so i ask any kind soul to try to make this 2 rims for me...

Enkei Arashi

Enkei Shogun
wooooooooo, i love andylec
now I can make NASCAR rims
andy could you add a symetric and/or group edit mode so that you dont have to edit each vertice twice
a snap to rim/hub mode would also be a nice feature
and lastly a human readable rim format for faster editing would be a nice touch
THX man, you are a god:wow:
#37 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :does this work online (namely that i pick a wheel and it shows all cars of that type with my wheels, not that they see my wheel) without it kicking me?

it wont let you join a server with it, i just tried
What I dislike from some mods these times are:

They are only compatible with a V Version + license

You cannot your them online

Too bad, I wont you those because I spend most of my time online
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
#39 - joen
Quote from Riders Motion :What I dislike from some mods these times are:

They are only compatible with a V Version + license

Yes, well that's down to the fact that LFS is in constant development. Something changes in the games' latest patch and mods can be made useless. Not the mod creator's fault or the dev's fault, that's just the way it is.

Quote :
You cannot your them online

Too bad, I wont you those because I spend most of my time online

Yeah I just spend some time with it and it's quite fun to play with but not being able to use it online is a bit of a bummer. But at least this way you won't see other people's terrible creations. But it would be great if it would just show all the cars using the wheels you create yourself.
Doesn't it work the same way as LFS tweak ? Like, one creates a server with a certain wheel set and people using the same wheels can join the server ? ( i can't try it out as nobody can connect to servers created by me )
Quote from joen :Yes, well that's down to the fact that LFS is in constant development. Something changes in the games' latest patch and mods can be made useless. Not the mod creator's fault or the dev's fault, that's just the way it is.

Yeah I just spend some time with it and it's quite fun to play with but not being able to use it online is a bit of a bummer. But at least this way you won't see other people's terrible creations. But it would be great if it would just show all the cars using the wheels you create yourself.

Like a spokes_x folder where you can only see the wheels you added to the folder
someone needs to make FC3S rims FD AE86 rims the works XD XD

um i cant get it working sorry for my troubling, where do idownload it egsactly..
Any chance of this working for any of the other cars?
#44 - joen
Quote from Breizh :Any chance of this working for any of the other cars?

Probably not, I guess it's got to do with the S2 cars being encrypted (?)
Yep, encryption rules it out. Altering the rims must subtly change some of the physics variables (mass and a moment of inertia), which is why you can't use them online (although even if you could, nobody would be able to see them anyway).
ok i've have a session with one of my friends [the bespoke WORKS WITH ONLINE MODE] but the down side is........................................

you must use the same rims as the hoster if u dont wanna get kicked out by the server itself.
well.. it is a difference in objects, it never will work online like that so... no need to complain

@ davo.. you've been andylec this whole time and haven't pointed it out to me?!
This really shows how bad the original rims for the XFG XRG and XRT look. I tried a couple of the ones on the site and, damn the XRT looks much better now.
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :This really shows how bad the original rims for the XFG XRG and XRT look. I tried a couple of the ones on the site and, damn the XRT looks much better now.

that is EXACTLY what i was getting at before attention whore boy tried to troll this thread.
#50 - Gunn
The default rims may not be the latest trend but they are lag-friendly 3D models. Design isn't all about aesthetics.

BeSpoke for LFS S2 Patch V
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG