The online racing simulator
Guinness Warmth
(50 posts, started )
Guinness Warmth
I don't mind warm Guinness, but I also quite like Guiness Extra Cold, but when it's in that warming up stage where its betwixt both warm and cold it makes my stomach churn.

Am I a freak of nature, or is this a universal truth for all who drink the beer of ye gods themselves?
beer (all varieties) need to be ice cold. if not, they taste rather funky to me.
Quote from the_angry_angel :I don't mind warm Guinness, but I also quite like Guiness Extra Cold, but when it's in that warming up stage where its betwixt both warm and cold it makes my stomach churn.

Am I a freak of nature, or is this a universal truth for all who drink the beer of ye gods themselves?

Now see i dont like extra cold, just tastes of ...hmmm... cold lol. Now normal draught guiness is nicely chilled but im with you on warm guiness lol.

Guiness will always have a special place, its the one drink i never go off no matter how much i drink lol.
Warm Guin-Guin eh? Sounds like blasphemy to me! But then, people do some odd things with beverages. My other half shakes Sprite so it goes flat before she drinks it and also doesn't mind letting an espresso go cold (cold black coffee, ew). Crazy woman. Next she'll be screaming gibberish and throwing cats at people.

But I don't know - I might like warm Guinness on a cold Melbourne evening I might just wait for the temperature to get below 30 celsius first. I don't think you're a freak though - room-temperature beer is an accursed thing! I get the same icky feeling from lukewarm or cold coffee.
Coming from a country where we particularly like our beer ice-cold, I was estranged when I got accustomed to drinking warm beer at my uni in France...we don't have a fridge in our work rooms you see...

But nonetheless in France beer isn't served very cold...
#6 - CSU1
noobs

===============================

Quote from the_angry_angel :I don't mind warm Guinness, the beer of ye gods themselves?

:uglyhamme

Edit: Draught needs to be cold imo...but not ice-cold as it ruins the hoppy taste, on the other hand bottled Guinness can be drunk room temperature....but not microwave warm! if thats what you say , I wonce knew a girl who out her coke in the micro eff ffs thats sick , and so are people who heat their milk for their breakfast.
#7 - herki
Beer needs to be served cold. Period.
#8 - CSU1
Quote from herki :Beer needs to be served cold. Period.

...And stout does'nt give a stuff. Period.
All beer needs to be cold... Althrough I have a habit of leaving cans in the freezer a little too long.... nothing quite like having a pint with a frothy icy head on it (with the consitency of slush :X)
Mmm, beer squishee. Thank you, come again!
Quote from fragile_dog :All beer needs to be cold... Althrough I have a habit of leaving cans in the freezer a little too long.... nothing quite like having a pint with a frothy icy head on it (with the consitency of slush :X)

Leave it longer - Beer lolly
Hoorah \o/
#13 - CSU1
noobs
Meh, I like the fizziness :P. Wouldn't get that in a lolly :/.

Now a beer milkshake.... (red dwarf :X)
Guiness? Man they should just stick to making world records books.
I ordered some a that stuff once. It was in a can (YUCK!). Anyways, I go to drink it
and something solid in the can hits my mouth. I'm thinking finger. Someone down at the brewery screwed up and lost a finger and I found it....turned out to be some plastic ball.
Well I go off on the waiter about there being a plastic ball in the beer.
Even though I was estatic about it NOT being a finger, a ball ain't too cool either. the manager comes out and explains to me that the ball is in the can deliberately so it can be swished around and mix the flavor around.
He even gives me another can.
I'm sorry, but when you swish beer around, it should foam up and shoot out of the can. You shouldn't have to swish a ball around in a decent brew.

As far as UK beers goes, I like Bass Ale. I can rest assured with that brand that if I feel something hit my mouth when I tilt that bottle back it won't be a stupid flavor ball. It'll be a finger!...
No wait. That came out wrong.....
I don't tend to drink much Guinness because I've got the Theakston's brewery just down the road and Old Peculier is stronger.

Quote from glyphon :beer (all varieties) need to be ice cold. if not, they taste rather funky to me.

You basically don't like the taste of beer. To be fair to you when I was in the USA I didn't like the taste of the beer either.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I don't tend to drink much Guinness because I've got the Theakston's brewery just down the road and Old Peculier is stronger.

You basically don't like the taste of beer. To be fair to you when I was in the USA I didn't like the taste of the beer either.

LOL the best beer in the US comes from Mexico
Quote from Racer Y :LOL the best beer in the US comes from Mexico

I used to go to this one place that had a dollar import night every Monday. Nice foreign beer for a buck - can't go wrong. And our friend Pete used to come along, every Monday, and stubbornly drink Bud at $3.50. illepall
Corona Extra, Todo con medida
Quote from glyphon :beer (all varieties) need to be ice cold. if not, they taste rather funky to me.

I suppose your 9.99 30 pack of Keystone Light should be served ice cold, so as to numb the tongue.

Most good beers should be served considerably warmer than ice cold. Some should be served even warmer.
Quote from Racer Y :
I ordered some a that stuff once. It was in a can (YUCK!). Anyways, I go to drink it
and something solid in the can hits my mouth. I'm thinking finger. Someone down at the brewery screwed up and lost a finger and I found it....turned out to be some plastic ball.
Well I go off on the waiter about there being a plastic ball in the beer.
Even though I was estatic about it NOT being a finger, a ball ain't too cool either. the manager comes out and explains to me that the ball is in the can deliberately so it can be swished around and mix the flavor around.
He even gives me another can.
I'm sorry, but when you swish beer around, it should foam up and shoot out of the can. You shouldn't have to swish a ball around in a decent brew.

Wow. You absolutely must be from some hole in the South. Apparently none of you can read. Either the can or the package it comes in has instructions on it.

http://home.howstuffworks.com/question446.htm

You might as well stick to piss beer though.
Quote :
LOL the best beer in the US comes from Mexico

ugh. So sad to see someone waste their money on piss. Might as well buy a good mass produced American Lager and save your money. Not to say there aren't good beers from Mexico; I'm just 100% sure you aren't drinking them.

[off to one of my local breweries, where I'll have a couple tasty pints and some delicious nachos]
warm beer ? ewww

btw does anybody know the official translation for that line:
was darf ich euch bringen um zu begiessen das gekochte wildschwein ? heisses wasser ? lauwarme cervisia oder eiskalten rotwein ?
I liked my Guinness warm but not quite in room temp. Cold Guinness had no flavor and was too easy to drink. The bitter, the better.

These finnish pale lagers has to be consumed ice cold, so that the awfulness isn't tasted.
Real beer doesn't need to be ice cold, only panzy lager.

Guinness is very refreshing while "extra cold", I'd had it before at room temperature though and, while it does have a lot more flavour, you can tell it's not the flavour intended (it not being that nice... although not horrible).
Quote from Racer Y :the ball is in the can deliberately so it can be swished around and mix the flavor around.

It's not made to be drank from the can....
You supposed to pour the can into a glass. The idea of the ball is to give the Guinness in a can the same consistancy and "smoothness" as draught. The "ball-in-the-can" is actually a complex piece of technology.
Guinness should be served cold, but not too cold. It really is great stuff. I dont drink it too often but i do enjoy it every now an then.
A night of Guinness drinking can polute the atmosphere the following day!
Guiness Foreign Extra Stout... Mmmmmm. Brewed in Nigeria and 8% alcohol by volume. Honestly, I can't drink in any great quantity these days, so I genuinely drink for the taste. This stuff really is better tasting than the bottled Guiness we usually get from the offy. Even when slightly warm...

Guinness Warmth
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG