The online racing simulator
Whats the best wheel?
(77 posts, started )
Whats the best wheel?
ok, without emptying the bank account to get a G25, whats the best of the rest?

I've got a Saitek XBox wheel thats good, but a native PC one would be better (especially with pedals!).
I have only tried 3 different wheels during my entire life, and tbh know very little of them. But I'd recommend: dfp > red momo > black momo > MS Sidewinder FFB
Dfp?
#4 - Nard
Logitech Driving Force Pro. Basicly the GT4 PS2 wheel. It's USB and is fully compatible with PCs. It has 900 degrees of rotation, H shifter, and a few other nice features. The best wheel until the G25.
the DFP doesn't have an h-shifter, but a sequential shifter. I thought I should clear that up. The G25 is the only 'affordable' wheel/pedal set to come with an h-shifter.
DFP is decent enough. It's gotten me around the track a few times.

I think I'm going to get a G25, though. If you look for a good deal, it's the same price as I paid for the DFP a couple of years ago, so it's not that steep.
Can one of you who has the dfp post the diameter of the wheel itself?
Cause atm I have a real old Sidewinder without FF (got it for free, so ), but all the other wheels i saw in mediamarkt and co got a smaller diameter (and strange pedals sometimes).
Diameter of the DFP?, if I remember rightly it's 254mm (10 inches).

DFP is a VERY good wheel, if you can't afford a G25, the DFP will serve you VERY well.
#9 - S0ul
Quote from Foropsico :G25 is the only affordable wheel that has 3 pedals too?

You can still use some cheap Throttle padal of an old wheel as your clutch, like i sometimes do
Quote from S0ul :You can still use some cheap Throttle padal of an old wheel as your clutch, like i sometimes do

Just like I do - I have bought a wheel for 20 eur - the wheel itself is connected but is hidden below the table, and the gas pedal - is my clutch, all you have to do is to block it's brake pedal to get a left foot resting place
g25 !
#12 - Jakg
Link in sig
G25<DFP<Momo
Just a question,why is the G25 the ultimate wheel?
Dont call me a n00b now im not into all of that..
#14 - Jakg
2 motors, better ffb, larger feel, better feel, 3 pedals, shifter, 900 degree rotation
900 degree rotation, 3 pedals and a proper 6-speed shifter.
Thanks, think I'll keep 'em peeled for a 2nd hand one of the nicer wheels rather than get a new el-cheapo one
#17 - JTbo
G25 is not so utterly slow as dfp, at least so I have heard, but Microsoft wheel is very slow compared to dfp so what is fast and what is slow again
Quote from danowat :Diameter of the DFP?, if I remember rightly it's 254mm (10 inches).

DFP is a VERY good wheel, if you can't afford a G25, the DFP will serve you VERY well.

It's actually a little smaller. I measured it at 9 3/5 inches. I'm nitpicking, though.
#19 - Woz
Quote from EmilO :Just a question,why is the G25 the ultimate wheel?
Dont call me a n00b now im not into all of that..

G25 is the ultimate wheel for the money. You can get better but you are looking at a long string of 0's
#20 - nilo
G25!

Had the DFP before, it sucks compared to the G25.

Had the MSFF before, it sucks compared to the DFP.

DFP is currently as cheap as 80€, you can get a G25 for 200€. As the G25 is 10 times better than the DFP, I would recommend saving some more money and buying the better one.
200 Euros is a bit rich for my blood!
Quote from Foropsico :G25 is the only affordable wheel that has 3 pedals too?

Unless you use an old wheel to give you a third pedal.

Quote from Jakg :Link in sig
G25<DFP<Momo

DFP greater than G25?

Quote from JamesK :Thanks, think I'll keep 'em peeled for a 2nd hand one of the nicer wheels rather than get a new el-cheapo one

Steer clear of buying a second hand Logtiech FF GP, they don't last and I wouldn't put my money on a second hand DFP. If you're buying second hand a Red Momo is definitely the way to go (but make sure you can connect it to your PC).
It really comes down to 2 things, firstly how much money you have to spend and secondly how much money you are willing to spend. If you can afford the G25 then i would highly recomend it, if not then dfp it is.
In My Opinion, I own the Black racing momo wheel, and I've also tried the DFP at a friend's house. I've had this thing for two years, and the pots to the pedals haven't given out on me yet! Sure it doesn't have the degrees of rotation like the DFP, but it diffently has bragging rights on comfort and feel. Also, I use the momo led mod for lfs and works like a charm, and is quite helpful. The thing I wish the momo had that the DFP does have is the POV button thing. The DFP has a few more buttons, but I am able to fit all my needs on the momo's 6 buttons. All I can recommend is that you get an FF wheel.
In the long term the g25 is probably the cheapest wheel you could buy.

Hopefully it will last for at least the 5 years+ that my momo force did, how many cheap wheels will you have to replace in the time?.

Saying that If the Momo Red Force was still on sale I would have bought it ahead of the g25 in a heartbeat, IMO it had a better feel around the centre of the steering and had a smooth frictionless action that makes the g25 feel slightly "sticky" in comparison, and its whisper quiet compared to the g25.

But I also like the Idea of not having to open up the G25 every few months to change or clean the analogue pot.. swings and roundabouts
With what on the market just now the G25 is light years ahead of the DFP
I think the pedals will outlive me

Whats the best wheel?
(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG