Poll : What do you want soonest?

Physics Updates
New Track / New Track Variants
New Car / More Car Variants
Graphical Updates (Cars/Tracks)
General Updates (GUI, Gameplay, etc.)
AI Updates
What Are You Looking Forwards to First?
Well, just a thought. I was trying to think of what I looked forwards to most. I know all good things take time, but I just have no idea what actually is coming.

I know the devs spend there time actually doing, not telling, but the occasional posts about the developemental status of lfs is always appreciated.

Anyway, a just-for-fun poll I decided to start. Pick what you think you would like first.

I think I would want some new race cars first, like the two fwd racers. Quick handling, less power, no df, but RWD this time. I love driving the low df cars most.
No poll yet ...
#3 - Renku
Major improvement to the LFS collision detection system!
I'd like weather effects or changing time of day first.
wow, 3 responses before I even finished the poll! Sorry, I should have put more options for gameplay updates!
Quote from srdsprinter :
Anyway, a just-for-fun poll I decided to start. Pick what you think you would like first.

Er...dont know how to tell you this, but it looks like you just _might_ have forgotten to add something....

WHERE IS THE POLL??

[edit]...oops, my bad...took ages to load it for some reason :S..Sorry! [/edit]

Quote from srdsprinter : Quick handling, less power, no df, but RWD this time. I love driving the low df cars most.

good idea, they could even call it something original like.... XRG???
Quote from Bladerunner :Er...dont know how to tell you this, but it looks like you just _might_ have forgotten to add something....

WHERE IS THE POLL??

good idea, they could even call it something original like.... XRG???

Lol, easy killers! I had to submit the thread, Before I could write the poll.

XRG FTW!!!!
#8 - JTbo
Damage and fragility of cars is number 1 on my list, I count these to physics actually as it is to do with collision physics and also engine temps etc...
You should've made the poll with available multi-selection for this. Anyway the GFX update would be nice as well as collision system update.
#10 - Vain
A proper LSD diff.

Vain
Gameplay updates! I want to tell my crew which tyre to change! Or tyre wear should be indicated in percentages in the F9 menu. Nothing more for me for now. edit: that sounds weird
Fewer polls and the ability for the community to leave the LFS team to decide for themselves in peace and quiet?
Sort the diff nonsense, collision detection, proper damage, better gearbox/clutch modeling.

and they all fit in one catagory...
Quote from Dajmin :I'd like weather effects or changing time of day first.

yeah I agree.

and new tracks
Quote from the_angry_angel :Fewer polls and the ability for the community to leave the LFS team to decide for themselves in peace and quiet?

Hence the "just-for-fun." I guess that was missed on you...

I just was interested to see what people wanted/were looking forwards to most... Sorry.

Edit, I understand the wording isn't the best. I really meant what people are looking forwards to most. To a point though, when we pay for a product with the understanding of its continual improvement, we are entitled to anticipate updates to a degree.
#16 - joen
Quote from Renku :Major improvement to the LFS collision detection system!

ditto.

I chose physics updates. They're simply the most important part of the sim.
Second comes AI updates, because that has gotten no attention since S1, but are less important because it's an online sim after all.
Considering S2 final will arive before S3 major graphics updates are sure not to happen any time soon. The same goes for new content I think.
I strongly believe this is how it's going to be.
Quote from joen :ditto.

I chose physics updates. They're simply the most important part of the sim.
Second comes AI updates, because that has gotten no attention since S1, but are less important because it's a online sim after all.
Considering S2 final will arive before S3 major graphics updates are sure not to happen any time soon. The same goes for new content I think.
I strongly believe this is how it's going to be.

Interesting POV. While I agree, to the nature of a Sim, physics is #1. I looked at this question more from a standpoint of what I love, the driving and racing in LFS. IMO, the UF & XF GTRs are the most involving to drive. Thats why I'd love to see something with about the same amount of power in a lightweight FR. Like an unofficial bmw 130i race car or something.

I understand the lsd, crash, damage points as well.

I don't understand The_Angry_Angel's problem with this discussion... it bothers me this upsets him though...
Quote from srdsprinter :Interesting POV. While I agree, to the nature of a Sim, physics is #1. I looked at this question more from a standpoint of what I love, the driving and racing in LFS. IMO, the UF & XF GTRs are the most involving to drive. Thats why I'd love to see something with about the same amount of power in a lightweight FR. Like an unofficial bmw 130i race car or something.

I understand the lsd, crash, damage points as well.

I don't understand The_Angry_Angel's problem with this discussion... it bothers me this upsets him though...

It's because this is the same kinda thing that is always posted and then causes arguments. When will LFS be updated, why hasn't LFS been updated, when will it be finished, when can we have a monkey for a driver, are there any new cars coming, when will this be fixed, when will that be fixed, etc, etc......

I understand people, and myself, want more or things fixed but we're just going to have to wait for it. Posting a thread about it all the time just gets annoying to some.
Fair enough, but is there really harm in seeing what people are hoping for in LFS?

As I said, we all purchased (liscensed drivers anyway) with the knowledge this is unfinished, and that changes will occur when the occur. Therefore, you cannot expect people not to anticipate/hope/wonder/prophisize about the future of LFS.

I never said anything about Timing of updates. I never said the Devs should do anything. I said this was "just-for-fun". I Did incorrectly title the thread, as it can be interpretted negatively.
Balanced classes.
#21 - joen
In all fairness, he is not asking when LFS will be updated, he's not demanding a progress report from the devs or anything (those threads ARE annoying). He's just asking what us LFS players are _hoping_ for and wants to exchange thoughts about this. I don't really see anything wrong with that.
Besides, the devs choose their own way of doing things anyway, I don't expect them to feel pressured to get started on certain things first because the community expressed their hopes in this thread.
Maybe I'm just getting soft
Quote from Breizh :Balanced classes.

Sorry, i forgot Balanced Classes completely, maybe thats a gameplay... er.

I forgot Audio Updates as well too!
I voted for AI, cause it's the section that has left most behind imo.
Quote from KMSpeed :I voted for AI, cause it's the section that has left most behind imo.

It'd be interesting if LFS could watch online racing and update the AI based off of real online racing automatically. Probbably impossible at this time, plus the challenge of filtering out the almost inevitable turn 1 overshoot, seen in pickup races.

edit: No need for a new post, but why would this type of discussion not be welcomed, especially since there is an entire category for "Improvement Suggestions". This thread isn't even about suggestions, just seeing what people are looking forwards to.
A nice reflective windscreen viewable from the cockpit- that gets dirty.

That, as well as an official gfx update that includes better environmental texturing and more detailed models, especially car interiors and driver model, and to a lesser extent, cars. A nice subtle specular reflection on the tarmac, exhaust pipes that shake, bark on trees, clouds that drift slowly across the sky (which dynamically affect the lighting of the scene, for example when a cloud moves in front of the sun). Heat haze, headlights, fog, ,,,,, ,,, ,,,, ... .. .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG