The online racing simulator
LFS S2 Movie "Run Riot"
(45 posts, started )
Quote from SchneeFee :i used only 1 static camera (at 0:22), what do u mean?

Sorry for my bad english..
Static cameras - I meant cameras which are on static place like in tv and only rotating and zooming - like in your movie.
I don't like unrealistic moving cameras behind the car somewhere in air.. but it isn't your case..
As I said, great movie!
Quote from Pablo.CZ :I don't like unrealistic moving cameras behind the car somewhere in air.. but it isn't your case..
As I said, great movie!

i am 100% with you
but people keep using them bcos u get a good view of the car, and they are easily done.
reguarding static cameras: there are some limitations given by the game engine: if u move the camera with the cursor, and follow the car with the mouse at the same time - the camera is also going to change its moving direction, which sucks.

edit: np about ur english, mine isnt better
When I try to rotate static camera, it never works out. The video is all jerky and it's hard moving the camera when recording at half speed
BTW SchneeFee, what are your system specs? The video was smooth even with full grid, awesome work.
Quote from Rumiko :When I try to rotate static camera, it never works out. The video is all jerky and it's hard moving the camera when recording at half speed
BTW SchneeFee, what are your system specs? The video was smooth even with full grid, awesome work.

PIV, 3.06 Ghz
1 GB RAM
ATI Radeon X800 XT

@rumiko: do u also reduce resolution, and limit framerate ingame?
Nice movie. Was a bit pants watching it on my girlfriends PC (she only has the speakers built-in with the monitor :S), but on my PC it was lovely.

Shame my only appearence is a spin in a FWD car though :S
Quote from SchneeFee :@rumiko: do u also reduce resolution, and limit framerate ingame?

Limit FPS yes, reduce resolution no (I set "half-size" when recording in Fraps, so the final video is 512x384). Ingame res is 1024.
But my system specs are 1.7GHz and 512RAM, so I guess this is where my problem is.
yes, memory will be ok, but cpu isnt up to date :doctor:
Quote from tristancliffe :Nice movie. Was a bit pants watching it on my girlfriends PC (she only has the speakers built-in with the monitor :S), but on my PC it was lovely.

Shame my only appearence is a spin in a FWD car though :S

was it you hitting the distance signs? one of my favorite scenes
It might have been
More sex in that video, than in your typical Amsterdam brothel. Absolute quality, should be, without doubt, an official LFS video.

:up: :up: :up:
Quote from boxer :Absolute quality, should be, without doubt, an official LFS video.

Good idea. Devs should make some kind of official video. I think many of those who try the demo thinks "what a boring set of cars" and so on. Seeing GTR action in a video should make them drool. But then again, if making some kind of video takes time of making LFS itself better, they should let someone else to do an official video.
well, i have no problem seeing "Run Riot" as an official S2 Vid. It would be a pleasure for me, but there should be some changes then in the intro/outro maybe. Also text inserts dont fit into it very well.
SchneeFee, fantastic movie. Really enjoyed it. The F08 that rolled about 100 times was great. I have a question. Why did it run in double speed for me? Did it run in double speed for everyone or was it my PC? I didn't recognise the music until after I saw the credits and played the video again. Then I realized it was Def Leppard. Other than the double speed, it was fantastic and enjoyable to watch.
i m afraid it was only who saw it in 2xspeed. must be yiour video player. try
realplayer

-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
Quote from SchneeFee :i m afraid it was only who saw it in 2xspeed. must be yiour video player. try
realplayer

Hmm, indeed. My other PC at work played it ok, but no sound card . We watch these videos at lunch time in my office and that is where it was 2x speed. I'll have to figure that out. I've seen other videos running in double speed too. Using Windows Media Player 9.
Yep Schneefee, another one of your great vids!

Keep up the good work, loved some of the camera positions/angles, genius.

Long time no moo!
Quote from ButterTyres : Long time no moo!

MOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Quote from mrodgers :Hmm, indeed. My other PC at work played it ok, but no sound card . We watch these videos at lunch time in my office and that is where it was 2x speed. I'll have to figure that out. I've seen other videos running in double speed too. Using Windows Media Player 9.

Umm, check your playback speed in your now playing tools. You can play back media anywhere between .5x and 2x speed.
Brilliant video! Absolute top quality stuff! This is without a doubt the best advertisement for Live for Speed I've seen yet. Great driving and racing too, very intense and close racing. Were those public or private servers? If they were public, I want to know where and when they're online I don't see why we should have the devs bother with official videos when people from the community can produce stuff like this.
3 Cheers for Schneefree :up:
:static::static::static:

I :lovies3d: this vid
footage is a mixture of league racing and puplic servers.
SchneeFee, I finally managed to download it...probably had the wrong link...

Anyways, its really cool !!! really enjoyed it and music rockkkks! Well done mate and keep it up!

Cheers

Viho

LFS S2 Movie "Run Riot"
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG