The online racing simulator

Poll : Do You think there should be a mountain drift course?

Closed since :
Yes
No
It's his avatar.
Quote from Jakg :It's his avatar.

:doh: Srry for the stupid post up there..i didnt see it
Quote from Takumi_lfs ::doh: Srry for the stupid post up there..i didnt see it

not your fault... (I guess)
It's a bit of personalisation (sp? 0.o) I want people to know my real name, not my nickname... :/

Ah well... as long as the drift mountain drift course is still race-/rallyable I think it's ok...

I don't 'need' it though...
Heres a post to end this thread.... somthing i found on google earth.
Attached images
ea672780.jpg
man your a complete dumb ass
[quote=Ian.H;337769]A rhetorical question?

And that pretentious name is one reason to ignore anything he says. I've seen that "drift bible" movie.. my bro and I hadn't laughed so hard since watching Jimmy Jones or Lee Evans on stage

And there you've just proven you have no idea either thus just nulled your argument... it has _nothing_ to do with racing, but _everything_ about posing / showing off.

man your an idiot drifting isnt just throwing the car sideways it about keeping it sidewayes all the way around a track a takes a shit load or skill much more so then racing before you say it skilless shit look it up and attemped it on a narrow road then after you come bak with a trashed car u can do wat you want and look on lfs 50% of the servers are drift servers and all the demo servers are drift i thik a moutain track whould be sweet then all the other tracks can be race tracks it only one track your like a person that hates snowboarders you must be heading itto your late 50s dont dis things you havent tryed

p.s piss off ian
God, why can't people use a full stop now and then? Or capital letters? FFS they're all in front of you on the keyboard. It's not a phone keypad - there's no excuse for typing like some homeboy txting his mum to pick him up at the food court. You could have the best argument in the world but if you type it like that, noone is going to give a shit what you say

BTW hurling insults around won't win you many friends either. I don't have anything against drifters but people who can't communicate like grownups deserve no respect.

Quote from mark skafe : Last edited by mark skafe : Today at 19:24. Reason: typo

Just the one typo? You might want to have another look ...
Quote from mark skafe :man your an idiot drifting isnt just throwing the car sideways it about keeping it sidewayes all the way around a track a takes a shit load or skill much more so then racing before you say it skilless shit look it up and attemped it on a narrow road then after you come bak with a trashed car u can do wat you want and look on lfs 50% of the servers are drift servers and all the demo servers are drift i thik a moutain track whould be sweet then all the other tracks can be race tracks it only one track your like a person that hates snowboarders you must be heading itto your late 50s dont dis things you havent tryed

Thanks, I needed a good laugh. By the way, when do you turn 12?
Quote from Ian.H :I don't think I am or expect to be the centre of the universe as you put it.. I just say what I think and I think a lot.

So basically your all about quantity over quality... Makes sense over what I've read of your posts, why would you come back and bash this topic over and over again while telling other people to stop with the over and over again?

This is my first on this board and probably my last. Why would you berate something because you don't like it? Drifting is as much of a sport as any. So you could hang the 'arse' end out? Haha for what 2, 3 seconds?

I don't like baseball, but I wouldn't say its not a sport.. For Pete's sake, they let Ping Pong in the Olympics! Hahahaha.

So bring on the flames twisted mister, but you suck.

Regards,

Not Ian

P.S. Drift and Grip are both styles of 'racing'....
Quote from terrapisces :So bring on the flames....

Oh, me thinks you should climb into your flamesuit now because of...

Quote :P.S. Drift and Grip are both styles of 'racing'....

You're gonna get it for that one.
*sigh*

Here's the short, nice version (asbestos underpants not required)

Racing = speed. Fastest stage time / first to finish wins. Rally, hillclimbs, circuit racing, etc.
Drifting = points. Most points wins. It's not racing.

It's very simple. Both are sports which use cars. Not every motorsport is racing. Car Football - that aint racing either. Demolition derby? Not racing.

The 100m freestyle is a race (a contest of speed), but synchronised swimming & diving aren't. They both use the same gear though.

This might seem rather nit-picky but there's a very real difference between the two sports that some people around here just can't seem to grasp sometimes
I'll just say it: Drifting is the Pro Wrestling of motorsports.
Good call. I don't like being wrong, but I will accept it. Two posts on the board and I get flamed already! This is three, maybe it'll get me banned

Don't hate me because I'm nubicle...
Flamed? Aw, hell no, you're barely even toasted
I'm really impressed you accepted that you're wrong actually, it doesn't happen much around here
Quote from duke_toaster :A drift specific course? No.

But a circuit similar to Mount Panorama with a stupidly hilly section, 2 or 3 hillclimbs which could be used for drifting? +500

LFS Needs something like Bathurst to really challenge the GTR cars and give the FXR a chance of winning

Bathurst is, IMO, a significantly more challenging track than the Nordschleife (from experience in GTR2, tested with V8 Supercars mod, me driving a Holden). It's the devil's own job to build a setup (long straight, really really hilly bits, The Chase ...) and it's even narrower than Nurby. Whilst the main passing oppertunities are drafting on Conrod straight, the chase, Holden and Hell corners, it's more difficult to complete a lap of Bathurst than Nurby.

agreee it needs bathurst, plus some hill climb tracks as well
ian is a butt leg
[quote=JamesK;

piss off budy if you read the stuff ian was saying then you would understand
Quote from mark skaife : [quote =JamesK;

piss off budy if you read the stuff ian was saying then you would understand

ph33r ur 1337 BB code chops :zomfg:
guys, calling ppl names won't get this forward. If we really want something, myabe we should properly propose it to the devs.
Quote from mark skafe :if you read the stuff ian was saying then you would understand

I understand that your post, which I quoted, made very little sense and didn't successfully address Ian's points. Formulate a reasoned argument or make a fool of yourself, its your choice

Anyway, back to the topic, I'm sure the Devs are well aware of the popularity of this idea for a mountainous course. If they build one I'll enjoy it in both ways In the mean time I'm going to occasionally fire up Forza on the XBox to get my 1 in 3 incline fix ...
Quote from undertech :I'll just say it: Drifting is the Pro Wrestling of motorsports.

ignorance... this thread is full of so much ignorance. everyone talking and not knowing what the hell they're talking about on "both sides"
Drifting isn't racing. It's a show form. It's like you can have BMX racing, and BMX tricks. One scores points, one scores places. If anyone is trying to win a drift race, all they'd need to do is not drift lol.
Quote from undertech :I'll just say it: Drifting is the Pro Wrestling of motorsports.

'Pro Wrestling' isn't that where gay men stomp their feet and grunt a lot and pretend to hit etc while hugging and feeling each other all for an paying audience?
Thought that was Aussie Rules Football ...
Quote from Hankstar :Thought that was Aussie Rules Football ...

should include rugby union too

could never figure out why when someone grabs them from behind they drop the ball go into a huddle and hug each other, oh well I should of figured it out when one of the (union) star players was called 'Campo'
Quote from Ian.H :Actually maybe I generalised a bit there as I did used to like some of Bon Jovi's older stuff (early 90s era) and some of the more softer rock... but I just see / hear much of it as a racket. Quite open to music styles though from Jazz / Blues to 80s / 90s Happy hardcore / Piano House / Jungle / D&B etc. I was a House DJ through the 90s where there was tune to it all, todays "variation" (commercial trance.. older underground stuff is cool though) has become a monotonous noise too.

Back kinda on topic though.. a hill climb would be cool... can see myself trying to set improved times in an LX6 at something like Goodwood

Regards,

Ian

I was reading your post's and honestly your annoying and you say you keep art very close to you? well maybe people keep drifting next to them, maybe they know they cant afford the sport of drifting but they'd love to try the next closest thing to real life. As I read on... and view many more posts about different things I understand how many immature, depressed and ignorant people there are on this forums. Just because you dont like it dosent mean nothing. I think it's time for you to get a JOB, A LIFE or even a man/girl, I dont know what you go for, bot get something other then the misserable life you have on this site. -PEACE OUT O BTW yes I'm an AMERICAN.

Mountian Drift Course
(482 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG