The online racing simulator
LfS S2 Server Script
(127 posts, started )
Nope... It says Online... Look here (and try to join via Join2LFS, you'll get "host not found")...
Quote :Of course a lot of thanks to misjka for your ideas, suggestions and bug reports!

Sure, no sweat m8 . Glad I could contribute to an excellent script!
What webserver are you running on?

I expected such problems on IIS my IIS webserver. But with my linux based apache it works without any problems.. strange.

Btw: the new version including ALL changes is now online
Do you mean the webserver that is hosting the script? It's a Unix/Apache...

OK, thanks! Gonna dl now .
Seems to work like a charm now - much obliged ...

About the online/offline issue, it seems that the host file didn't get updated... And I now why: I killed the dedihost by the windows X button . It's a shame, though, that the host file is erased as the host is shut down properly... It makes the script occupy the browser for quite some time until it is timed out... With several dedihosts, that are not 24/7, it will become quite slow...
Mh.. yes.. Ok, I thought the host file will remain if the server will be shutdown. So I'll think about this problem and how to solve it. Thanks for your investigation
ok, now you can maybe download the script again and try it out?

Dunno why, but I did no check before trying to open the hostfile.
So now the script will check if the file exists, if not, it will ouput a message: Server is offline
OK, i'm right on it !
Sorry, got: Parse error: parse error, unexpected '{' in /home/xxx/public_html/.../server.php on line 128

And, mmm... for security reasons, you maybe should create an index file that doesn't allow browsing of the script folder...?
Douh *slam*

Forgot one )

Don't have any testing oppurtinities atm. Sorry So now it should work.

No, a index file will not be delivered by me, because of several reasons:
- Often the script will simply be included, so the path or folder of it isn't visible at all
- Often the script is located inside a folder where an index is already located
- even if it's possible to browse the folder: you don't have any possibilities to get the server config or so, because a PHP script will ALWAYS be parsed before it gets delivered to the user, so if the user would request the _data_config.php file (even with right click -> save as) he would only get an empty html site

So this should be no security problem although its a user responsibility to "lock" the used directories on a webserver. I cannot assume that the script will be located in an empty or in an index-containing folder
Sry, it hangs all time high now ... As I use the Stop button in the browser I jus get Server is offline all over the place... Looks like some kind of iteration loop or something...

Check it out
Douh, yes... omg... shoot me if there will be something with the next test

you can download it again sorry for penetrating you
OK - bam, bam ... consider yourself shot, then !

1] Good news: Offline works
2] Bad news: Online does not

At least one of the two servers is online, but both turn up as Offline...illepall Check it out...!
Ok, I'll shoot myself at the evening

Will now go home, so i will be back at about 6pm and will work on this Thanks and cu later
Hehe, ain't that a contradiction or are you gonna work "on the other side of life" as well ?

No sweat... Just fun to test .

I'll be back tomorrow at noon I think... Peace out .
Well.. unfortunately there's no good solution for this problem. I will investigate this even more but until now it looks like a chance would be the opendir() function to do a file_exists() check afterward but opendir() will not work on remote- or FTP server when running on PHP4.x. This only works with PHP5.

So until now I'll keep it the ugly way to let the script wait for a timeout if the host file does not exist. But I'm working on this.
OK, but this means that the curren version 1.6 doesn't work at all since it reports "Server offline" whether the host is offline or not... Will you withdraw the 1.6 release for now, then, and maybe just release a 1.5b version with the separate setup/config file...?
Btw, I would appreciate a Join! and Specatate! link beside the LFS hostname... The former to start LFS and the latter to start LFS Spectator... Is that achievable... In version 2, maybe ?
No, 1.6 works but it has the problem that the script's waiting for timeout, if the hostfile does not exist.
But it's usable So it's all this version 1.6 but without a check if the file exists (because this check caused that "server is offline" problem even it was online).

About your 2nd post: Is there some tool like Join2LFS that maps a specific protocol type to itself but for LFS Spectator? If not, there's no possibility
Thanks, Vortex - will dl again 'n' check it out! Much obliged!

About the 2nd issue, you maybe should have some kind of collaboration with the creator of LFS Spectator...? Maybe in "the good for the LFS community" or something ?
Lol Of course, I have. Currently he's very busy with another project. But I can ask him, by time he maybe will expand Join2Lfs
Sounds gr8
OK, seems to work as you implied .

But, I wonder: Sure it must be a dedihost bug that the status line in the host file isn't changed to offline...? If that is corrected we wouldn't have the problem in the first place...?
Well, that's a wired question. I also wondered about this.

It's the question if this behaviour that the host file will be deleted is as it should be. I (of course from my side ) would suggest to keep the hostfile when shutting down the server. Otherwise I have no idea, why it has this line "status"
Maybe we have luck and Scawen has a short look inside this topic. Otherwise, I'll try to contact and ask him.
Would be great to get this sorted out, yes !

LfS S2 Server Script
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG