The online racing simulator
[SB] Enduro Race Event: GTR on Kyoto National
Hello S2 Racers!

Team StigBee [SB] are inviting all S2 racers to a new event.

An Endurance Race in the GTR spec vehicles on Kyoto Ring National for 4 hours

We're looking for up to 10 teams of 2 racers or Privateers (max 20 slots on our servers). 3 slots will be reserved for stewards and or a Safety Car.

It will be a friendly affair, nothing overly competitive, we just want to have a good time and get to know more teams.

If anyone is at all interested in the even or has any suggestions for our little event please contact me via this thread or PM or our website www.sb-racing.co.uk .. or if anyone likes the idea and wants to sign up straight away please reply with these details:

Team Name/Privateer:
Racer Name:
LFSusername:
Name:
Racer Number:
best day for race:

If there is enough support we will be running the race mid APRIL (date to follow depending on when people are avalible)

Slots Avalible:

1 - David Kerek #52 (Privateer)
2 - Glenn Davies #24 (Team SB GB)
3 - Dave Christie #23 (Team SB GB)
4 - John #72 (Team SB USA)
5 - Keith Rosenkranz #56 (Team SB USA)
6 -G. Özvardar #31 (Privateer)
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -

Stewards: L.Davidson,

Thanks,
Team SB Race Organiser
I'm interested but would like to know a few things:
-What is the event called?
-Will there be restrictions concerning car use? Like minimum of 3 each?
-When/how would the qualification be done?

Suggestions:
-Ky2 reversed
-Force racers to use their real names (for a race this serious it would be nice)
To answer your questions:

Event would be called: The StigBee Enduro Series (as we are planning similar event in the FOX)
There will be 4 cars each
Qualification would be done thru hotlapping and posting hotlaps to us (which will be displayed on website)

as your suggestions go..

Reversed seems like a good idea, i personaly prefer that circuit reversed
and yes i agree with the real name idea, i personaly use my real name all the time .

Thanks,
Stig/G.Davies
One last thing:
Quote from Modern.Messiah :
[...]
An Endurance Race in the GTR spec vehicles on Kyoto Ring National for 4 hours

We're looking for up to 10 teams of 2 racers or Privateers (max 20 slots on our servers). 3 slots will be reserved for stewards and or a Safety Car.
[...]

Did you mean
-10 teams, 2 racers in one car, rest of the 10 slots for privateers
-10 teams, 4 team members in 2 cars
That is of course if taking over is allowed, if not then I don't think I'm capable of participating

Oh and if all 20 cars are racing then you won't be able to get the safety car in.
#5 - Bee
I think what Glenn means is that there are 20 available slots for the racers with the other 3 going to race stewards and the Safety Car.

So in total there are 23 slots on the server.
Even on a server with 20+ slots you can only have 20 cars on the track at one time. Race stewards obviously don't need a car but the safety car is a car actually on the track. So if you have 20 racers (cars) racing on the track, you cannot get the safety car in.
Personally I don't think there's a need for a safety car but you are the organisers of course
#7 - Bee
Ah right never knew that! Right we may just go with 3 race stewards then.
Quote from K.David :One last thing:

Did you mean
-10 teams, 2 racers in one car, rest of the 10 slots for privateers
-10 teams, 4 team members in 2 cars
That is of course if taking over is allowed, if not then I don't think I'm capable of participating

Yeah Taking over will be allowed.. and teams can enter 1 or 2 cars in the race, up to team avalibility and so on(not all teams will be running 2 cars so server will be able to handle a few 2 car teams)... Team Discresion on how many switches you have.. but can only be 2 drivers for the 4hr race.. so we dont have people in and out the server during the race.

umm anything else? :P
I'm in then
As a privateer*
Name: David Kerek
Username: K.David
Car number: 52*
Car: FZR
Best day for race: Anything between April 8. and the end of April, Friday, Saturday or Monday evening preferrably

*May change if I get a buddy to side with me, I should be able to tell you before March, hope that's ok.
#10 - Bee
Thanks for signing up!

EDIT: I'll take a Race Steward Position.
It just dawned on me that if we have 3 race stuards there won't be spare slots for racers to join and take over... My suggestion is 1 stuard at most.
ooo good point! its gna be quite manic if we have only 2 spare slots for driver changes.. people will have to change at diff times i think. and let us know at what time their changing so we can have it more organised
That would be giving out team tactics
How about limiting the number of cars at say 16? I think one of the reasons MoE runs long tracks is to avoid lapping and thus 'unnecessary' slow pace. With a short track such as Ky2 it might be a good idea to have less cars but that would take some of the fun away.
I think team mates will keep in touch via TS or Ventrilo anyway so the driver can tell the other one when to connect. Of course spectators need to (be) disconnect(ed) to let others switch drivers.
This is more complicated than I thought
only to the race stewards so it can be organised.. would be between the stewards and the teams/drivers.

altho we could make it 15 cars instead of 20... would solve alot of problems!

not so complicated lol.. just needed to be worked through! (sorry for delay in reply david)

Stig
lemme in!
as

Privateer
Racer Name: kendercik
LFSusername: kendercik
Name: G. Özvardar
Racer Number: #31
best day for race: any tuesday evening

actually best day I choose doesn't make sense to others. so I could also vote for friday or saturday evening.
newb question:
what does using 4 cars mean practically?
why not just pitting allowed?
Quote from Kendercik :newb question:
what does using 4 cars mean practically?
why not just pitting allowed?

It means the minimum number of cars for a certain type so in this case 4 of FZR, 4 of XRR and 4 of FXR. But considering the number of applications so far I don't think it's possible at all. In fact I'm here to post that I have to cancel my application. Things didn't (and won't) turn out as I expected, sorry. I have been working on a nice skin especially for this event but it seems I won't show off with it just yet
But if the event will be held later and with much more racers then I'd be interested but for now, take me off the list.
Good luck all!
I choose FXR then (: needs lesser practice.
I don't trust myself to finish 4hrs race with anything else

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG