The online racing simulator
UF1000 Great fun...
(24 posts, started )
UF1000 Great fun...
Just wanted to write a quick post to say how much fun i have had in the UF1000 recently. I have spent the last few weeks chopping and changing from server to server to find something a little different and more fun!!

The racing is awesome, i had never bothered with UF before as i thought it was too slow but the racing is something else.

Bumper to bumper, swapping places every other corner, gaining 2 places then in the next corner going slightly wide and 4 cars go past nose to tail!!!

It reminds me of how the racing used to be in BTCC !!!

IM HOOKED......:eclipsee_

H Heywood (Jack Bauer)
Yes, the UF1000 does give some very nice races, it goes to show that slow doesn't always = boring, too many people in LFS think only the fast cars give good fun racing, WRONG.

It's (the UF1) is an easy car to drive, but it is quite tricky to master, every setup I have found or used has always been biased toward snap oversteer, and I hate that, so I had to make my own, much more stable, maybe not as quick, but I prefer it
I havnt mastered the art of setting the cars up TBH. I dont have the time, i use the Inferno sets and most of the time they are fairly quick and easy to handle...

It shows with the whole speed = Fun theory. I have never seen a good race with any cars open wheelers above the FOX. The BF1 is way too fast IMO, plus there must be only a handful of people who can race to a certain standard. Everyone and anyone can give UF a go and have bags of fun!!

H (Jack Bauer)
#4 - nilo
UF1 + Aston Cadet = Best Combo Ever
Agree, short laps, action packed!!

I was on the other night and there was one guy on driving the wrong way, waiting down the straight and pulling into people just being an absolute tool!!!! Cant believe people pay license fees and drive like that!!! I was livid, not so much for me but other guys maybe leading the race getting knocked off!!!!!!

It really is a shame we still get idiots like this!!!

PS. Please dont start sending messages about Wreckers Baracade and the likes, i'm just having a little moan!!!!

H (Jack Bauer)
I agree, the UF1 is a bunch of fun on the really short tracks. However, on a track like As club, with a total of 2 braking points, it can be one of the most boring cars in LFS. At least when you're racing with other fairly consistent drivers.
#7 - Jakg
UF1+SO1R=Teh sex.

It's one of those combo's were i can win (!!!)
played on the stcc server with Uf1 @aston club rev.
was pretty fun
most likely u will have more close fights as with fast cars, what makes it lil bit more attractive
#9 - mr_x
UF1 + FE Club = my home

it's definately the most under rated car in LFS, it's easy to drive which is why you don't have as many accidents on the servers, but it's very tricky to master, I think one of the hardest cars to be super fast in! requires consistancy the most to get a decent laptime.

Also you rarely see noobs in UF1s because they always go for the BF1 (1 reason i NEVER drive the BF1), so the whole field is very nicely spread with everyone lapping within tenths of each other!

IMO the UF1 easily gives the best racing LFS has to offer. Don't knock it until you've tried it. By saying 'tried it' I mean more than just 1 or 2 races, i mean a good proper go!
The UF1 is well suited to my reflex's and just as importantly the reflexes of my internet connection
Shame it's FWD. We ought to have a Beetle or a Pinto or something to compete with it.
Quote from thisnameistaken :We ought to have a Beetle

ROFL that is a great idea I'm going to dream of a beetle vs uf1 race around SO1 tonight
:rally_dri UF1+ASCLUB= IT´SEXCITING
This thread just reminded me of a very close battle with the uf1 on Aston cadet rev, there was nothing between us 2 tenths all the way around for 13 laps one mistake cost you the victory.

Oh yea it is between (V) J.Pickard & Pod.glider

http://koti.mbnet.fi/jonesy_/(V)-vs-Pod.rar (thx jonesy for hosting it )

Quote from Linsen :I agree, the UF1 is a bunch of fun on the really short tracks. However, on a track like As club, with a total of 2 braking points, it can be one of the most boring cars in LFS. At least when you're racing with other fairly consistent drivers.

I like that track. The faster you come out of that two corners the faster you driver over the straight. Also it helped me finding a balance in the UF1 when braking at (relatively ) high speeds.
Well, I suppose it can be fun, but when I spent a considerable amount of time with that combo on the STCC-server, those occasions were very rare. I was among the top 6 or 7 for some races and after we were through T1 and the tighter chicane, all of us were mainly racing away at very similar speeds (just a few 10th between us give and take) with a little room inbetween. It almost became a running gag that someone would type "zzzzzzzzzzzz" half way through the race . I guess, consistency can be a curse if it just happens so, that the field is spread out just enough after the first few turns, that people are not close enough to each other to apply pressure.

Edit: On the shorter tracks, however, the occasional backmarkers made it really interesting, as lapping and the amount of time you lost due to that became an important factor. So, hooray for backmarkers .
Quote from Linsen :So, hooray for backmarkers.

Ah, finally we get the appreciation we deserve!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Shame it's FWD. We ought to have a Beetle or a Pinto or something to compete with it.

Yes, RWD competitor for the UF would be awesome...for the XFR/UFR pair too
Quote from Blackout :Yes, RWD competitor for the UF would be awesome...for the XFR/UFR pair too

A FIAT 500 clone would be pretty sweet, and the GTR version could be a la Abarth
Quote from danowat :A FIAT 500 clone would be pretty sweet, and the GTR version could be a la Abarth

Fiat 500 or Subaru 360 would be awesome, or a combo of both
I prefer the XFG, except it's much more prone to rolling on raised kerbs when oversteering.
UF1 Rival? What about a Suzuki Cauppachino or whatever it's called clone?

Short and occasionally dangerously short (GTRs at Aston Cadet) tracks are the best for LFS.
Quote from h_heywood :Agree, short laps, action packed!!

I was on the other night and there was one guy on driving the wrong way, waiting down the straight and pulling into people just being an absolute tool!!!! Cant believe people pay license fees and drive like that!!! I was livid, not so much for me but other guys maybe leading the race getting knocked off!!!!!!

PS. Please dont start sending messages about Wreckers Baracade and the likes, i'm just having a little moan!!!!

H (Jack Bauer)

I thought I recognised your name, I was in the same race too, everytime I came to the end of the straight there were cars all over the place.

I agree too the UF1 is one of my favourite cars.

Neil
If you're talking about the AS2R trouble, i sent a replay reporting that guy.
Let's hope he does not show up again.

Quote from h_heywood :Agree, short laps, action packed!!

H (Jack Bauer)

UF1000 Great fun...
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG