The online racing simulator
there are plenty of LFS servers available that let you race the XRT. Your argument is nonsense, it has nothing to do with STCC. You may as well complain abaout any server choosing to run BF1 on Ky Oval or UF1's round As Cadet. Just choose one of the other servers to do your driving.
Quote from al heeley :there are plenty of LFS servers available that let you race the XRT. Your argument is nonsense, ...

Totally agree.
I also have not much time lately but it took me 38 races and 2 evenings to get my silver and around 53 races and 7 evenings to reach the gold status.

@Chaos
If you say you don't have time for it, then you can't race.
It's as simple as that.
but I would say if you are such a fast driver,
I'm sure you'll do it (reach the status you want) much quicker then the average guys.
well since the system changed than i'll get over the XFG... i was "complaining" because the sight of racing the FXO was "scaring" me (fwd - power on bad wheels )...

BBO> i didn't say i did not have time to race, what i said is that i don't want to waste the little time i have for LFS with some boring races just to be able to drive the XRT in distant future...

Al> yea, there are many, but how many are populated by +10 people?

but now that there is the possibility to drive the XRT with silver license, i'm ok with that, because i'll get my hands on a rwd car with the bronze license...
Quote from Chaos :
BBO> i didn't say i did not have time to race, what i said is that i don't want to waste the little time i have for LFS with some boring races just to be able to drive the XRT in distant future...

Well then I misunderstood that:
Quote from Chaos :which is what i would love to do, but don't have the time for it... so thank you for frustrating me seeing the TBO server but not being able to race there...:ashamed:

Anyway I still don't really understand your arguments.
Everyone (or the really fast guys) has to do the same "boring" things.
It takes some time, true but no one (fast or not) should get a special treatment nor should the system be changed for him.

So you got the self esteem to write here you are so fast bla bla evrytime 1st place etc.
Instead of complaining about the lack of motivation it gives you,
why not surprise everyone (the others) by doing the stages as fast as possible (boring or not).

The faster you are the less time you need for the "boring status stages" and you'll be quicker in Silver, Gold etc status.
Then you meet the other fast guys ealier and you got "not so boring" races anymore.
;-)
Quote from BBO@BSR :Anyway I still don't really understand your arguments.
Everyone (or the really fast guys) has to do the same "boring" things.
It takes some time, true but no one (fast or not) should get a special treatment nor should the system be changed for him.

So you got the self esteem to write here you are so fast bla bla evrytime 1st place etc.
Instead of complaining about the lack of motivation it gives you,
why not surprise everyone (the others) by doing the stages as fast as possible (boring or not).

The faster you are the less time you need for the "boring status stages" and you'll be quicker in Silver, Gold etc status.
Then you meet the other fast guys ealier and you got "not so boring" races anymore.
;-)

time... i'm full-time employed, study a university, starting my own enterprise and i'm organising the 1. Czech LFS League... that is the main reason... i have very little time for actual racing in LFS and i don't want to waste it with boring races with cars i don't want to drive... and there are people racing cars I want to drive, but i can't join them... and as i understand the main reason for the licensing system is to prove that the driver is good and to keep unexperienced drivers off the "better" servers... and why could not someone get special treatment? you see that in your life on almost every step...
#31 - SamH
Just to put the cat among the pigeons, I've calculated that a genuinely outstanding, faster-than-the-rest driver can make it to Bronze in 3 races. Technically it's possible to do it in 2 races, but it's never been done.
Quote from SamH :Just to put the cat among the pigeons, I've calculated that a genuinely outstanding, faster-than-the-rest driver can make it to Bronze in 3 races. Technically it's possible to do it in 2 races, but it's never been done.

Is that by winning on a full server, setting server records each time ?
Quote from Chaos :time... i'm full-time employed, study a university, starting my own enterprise and i'm organising the 1. Czech LFS League... that is the main reason... i have very little time for actual racing in LFS and i don't want to waste it with boring races with cars i don't want to drive... and there are people racing cars I want to drive, but i can't join them... and as i understand the main reason for the licensing system is to prove that the driver is good and to keep unexperienced drivers off the "better" servers... and why could not someone get special treatment? you see that in your life on almost every step...

This is, unfortunately, your problem. It's nothing to do with the STCC program or how it's run. I'm sorry you don't have the time to race more and get what you want but I had to work for my gold so you should as well.

Another thing you see in life all the time is....tough shit!
Quote from Bean0 :Is that by winning on a full server, setting server records each time ?

has to be... i won 4 races yesterday with about 12 people on the server, 3 with fastest lap, one with 2nd best and i'm about half way to bronze...
Quote from Chaos :has to be... i won 4 races yesterday with about 12 people on the server, 3 with fastest lap, one with 2nd best and i'm about half way to bronze...

If you set a new record for that combo on that server there's a load of bonus points to be had. It will tell you if you do, but theres no way of checking the what the record stands at.
#36 - Jakg
last night, about 15 people racing on the bronze server, i won and set the fastest lap (not a server record, though) with ease - 80 points in the bag with an XRG

set a server record (like i know you can) and you could do it EASILY
this stcc license thing sounds like fun. i have been driving FWD cars in most of my lfs "career" and have been enjoying the RWD cars over the last few weeks. so i think i could have a blast in all of the servers. and did someone say rb4? (rubs hands)
Quote from Chaos :time... i'm full-time employed, study a university, starting my own enterprise and i'm organising the 1. Czech LFS League... ...

That's good for you
but it looks like you never learned this: You can't have it all.
It's called life.

Quote from Chaos :
and why could not someone get special treatment? you see that in your life on almost every step...

Tbh you should really think about your attitude.
Sorry to say that but I don't think you are THE special LFS driver and deserve more or better treatment then someone else.

And on the other side the whole idea of the STCC would be senseless.
If 1 driver would not be treated like the other, then the fun for all the others (and it looks like a lot of people next to you have fun doing it), would be taken away.
#39 - Jakg
just fyi, one particular group of drivers ARE given special treatment, namely the league drivers who, on request, can be given a platinum license so they can continue to partake in the events, however they are also made "License Exempt", and don't show up on the leader board.

I am one of the drivers that originally said i wouldn't take this offer, but unfortunately i didn't have time to get platinum before the event, yet here i am, a few days after the event with 200 points until platinum (which i would have earned), and when i get in i'm asking SamH to remove the points i've been given, and "un-exempt" me.

I would like to point out this is ONLY available to current STCC drivers, and not everyone has done this, some drivers like Horci or Bean0 have earned theirs, and we have drivers who've worked their nuts off to get a platinum to cover for a team mate who couldn't get to the STCC event.

I really don't see why anyone should be given points (hey, aren't i hypocritical?), but unless she did in this occasion we probably would have had only half the driver with a license good enough for them to join the race

PS - I do like the way that being given these points isn't greatly socially encouraged, with drivers "affectionately" being called "dirty cop-outs".

and yes, i WILL earn my platinum, just a few more races!
I thought the first bits of the STCC were great - the XFG, the XRG were great races. The FXO is a bit of a boat, but I got through it to Gold in a day or two. But I've barely played since I earnt the right to drive the slower cars without driver aids, as it's just not fun being that far off the pace (maybe there are more Golders now, but I was in a group of no more than 30 Golds at the time, so competition was few and far between).

STCC was a thrill for a week, but now I don't even consider racing there for pleasure (although if I get time I'll pop in to see if it's changed).
#41 - SamH
Quote from Bean0 :Is that by winning on a full server, setting server records each time ?

Yepski
If you ask me, the problem is that eventually even crap drivers (like myself) will earn Platinum and Titanium, thereby making the whole points system null.

I was thinking about this a couple of days ago.

License status would be better defined by lap and overall times.
For instance, total race time divided by the number of laps, with a total taken of each track in the rotation. The top drivers would then automatically gain access to the better cars, while the slower ones would have a more even field to race on and something to strive for, rather than just grinding it out like it is now.
The reverse would also be possible on the higher ranks, where the lower percentages of finishers would be demoted and have to work on getting better. I don't even know if this idea would be possible, but it might be.

I have a whole idea swimming round my head, if the STCC folks want it, I can try to put it into words
Quote from Jakg :just fyi, one particular group of drivers ARE given special treatment, namely the league drivers who, on request, can be given a platinum license so they can continue to partake in the events, ...

I know that (and it's understandable) but it has not really to do with earning the status thing for a normal driver.
It wouldn't make sense if the STCC league drivers can't take part in the league races just because the STCC entry system has changed and they have no license, wouldn't it.
#44 - SamH
Quote from tristancliffe :I thought the first bits of the STCC were great - the XFG, the XRG were great races. The FXO is a bit of a boat, but I got through it to Gold in a day or two. But I've barely played since I earnt the right to drive the slower cars without driver aids, as it's just not fun being that far off the pace (maybe there are more Golders now, but I was in a group of no more than 30 Golds at the time, so competition was few and far between).

STCC was a thrill for a week, but now I don't even consider racing there for pleasure (although if I get time I'll pop in to see if it's changed).

It's all been switched. Now, you'll find lots of people driving XRT and RB4 and very few people in the FXO (or last time I went in and paid attention).

Entry into the Silver & Gold allows XRT and RB4. Once you get Gold, you can drive the FXO.. but if it's a Platinum licence you're after - and most people seem to be - then, along with everyone else, you're better off driving the slower 2 cars and accelerating your points bonuses.

2x points for FXO, 4x for RB4 and 5x points for the XRT.
#45 - SamH
Quote from Dajmin :If you ask me, the problem is that eventually even crap drivers (like myself) will earn Platinum and Titanium, thereby making the whole points system null.

The joy of this system is that the points are stored independently of any application running. The points database is the authority on the track, which means that once everyone's (or as near as makes no odds) on Platinum/Titanium, we can introduce an entirely new tier.

I, for one, don't want this to be the end of the story. New challenge, new prize, new car.. while ever it provides entertainment and something to strive for, and while ever people want to participate, I'm up for it.
i didn't want points or anything, i just wanted to be able to race on the TBO server in the little time i have for fun races... SamH told me this was not possible, so I looked what the STCC was about... found out that i needed gold for the XRT (not true anymore)... ok, i'll give it a try... 5 races on STCC XFG/XRG server... 2nd and 4x 1st... fwd, boring races and the vision that i would have to go through this for a long time for the golden license made me start this thread... now i'm ok with it, because you only need to drive fwd with the beginers license...

BBO> I have learned this some years ago, when i could not finish my first uni, due to lack of time for learning... Was too busy with my first enterprise, which in the end turned up not that good...
and I will not comment the 2nd part of your post... i guess you don't know me and all the things i've done (and will do) in the LFS world...
I would just like to make 1 point about the license system, the only way points are removed is by admin decision after reviewing a drivers actions either live or in replay.

The purpose of the system is to find clean drivers on the silver and above servers, particularly platinum where a "professional" standard of driving is expected.

It's not really about seperating the community between fast and slow, it's about providing a place for clean racing, and throwing people down or off if they cannot abide by that.

For this reason it is not my intention to introduce any system where a drivers license or access to servers decays except by admin review.
Quote from tristancliffe :I thought the first bits of the STCC were great - the XFG, the XRG were great races. The FXO is a bit of a boat, but I got through it to Gold in a day or two. But I've barely played since I earnt the right to drive the slower cars without driver aids, as it's just not fun being that far off the pace (maybe there are more Golders now, but I was in a group of no more than 30 Golds at the time, so competition was few and far between).

I hate the FXO and couldn't wait to get out of it and into the XRT or RB4, even tho they are slower. The XRT is sooooo much fun and I feel like he-man when I get the manual throttle blipping right!

I'd say 75%, probably much more, drive either the RB4 or the XRT because they are more of a challenge to drive.
With you there. XRT is the only thing for me.

It's taken me ages to figure out the setup process for it and how to drive it but I won't race the FXO out of principle (Raced the XRG till I had my gold.) And the RB4 just doesn't float my boat.

I'm not sure why people are getting thier knickers in such a twist over this system. It's clear, concise and well admined. You don't pay for the privalage and it's not like anyone else has put in the hard craft to set up a rival system.

I don't feel I'm in a position to critsize if a: I havn't paid for it and B: I'm not willing to put in the work to give any moral standpoint. If I don't like it, I go do something else and absolutly nobody will miss me.

I certainly appreaciate the work you and your cronies put in Becky in al;l things LFS. Keep it up.
Quote from garph :I hate the FXO and couldn't wait to get out of it and into the XRT or RB4, even tho they are slower. The XRT is sooooo much fun and I feel like he-man when I get the manual throttle blipping right!

I'd say 75%, probably much more, drive either the RB4 or the XRT because they are more of a challenge to drive.

I agree - I'll never willingly touch an front wheel drive car or a four wheel drive car if there is a rear driver to hand, but I just got sick of being beaten by people who I considered to be slow, nooby drivers consistently because of a massive car advantage...

Quote from SamH :It's all been switched. Now, you'll find lots of people driving XRT and RB4 and very few people in the FXO (or last time I went in and paid attention).

Entry into the Silver & Gold allows XRT and RB4. Once you get Gold, you can drive the FXO.. but if it's a Platinum licence you're after - and most people seem to be - then, along with everyone else, you're better off driving the slower 2 cars and accelerating your points bonuses.

2x points for FXO, 4x for RB4 and 5x points for the XRT.

However, it seems my 'complaint' has been dealt with even before I thought of the complaint, so I may be eating my words (and hat). I'll try and poke my head in and see where it's at now, but it sounds rather more fun!
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG