The online racing simulator
#1 - Chaos
STCC boring for new fast drivers...
Pls guys do something about this... If a fast racer with little free time for LFS gets into STCC there is no motivation for him... I tried today... Got on STCC1a server, finished 2nd on the first race (this was a nice race btw, enjoyed it ) but from there on it was just boring... for fast guys like me, it's no problem after a few "learning" laps to do laps almost 1s faster than the rest of the field (meeting someone equally fast is just a big luck)... So when I want to have nice races, i would have to start from the end of the field, because hotlapping from 1st on the grid to the finish is no fun... and how else should i get points to advance to better licenses than by driving fast / winning? With just a few hours of LFS per week, this would be a very long boring run
Quote from Chaos :Pls guys do something about this... If a fast racer with little free time for LFS gets into STCC there is no motivation for him... I tried today... Got on STCC1a server, finished 2nd on the first race (this was a nice race btw, enjoyed it ) but from there on it was just boring... for fast guys like me, it's no problem after a few "learning" laps to do laps almost 1s faster than the rest of the field (meeting someone equally fast is just a big luck)... So when I want to have nice races, i would have to start from the end of the field, because hotlapping from 1st on the grid to the finish is no fun... and how else should i get points to advance to better licenses than by driving fast / winning? With just a few hours of LFS per week, this would be a very long boring run

Don't you get there very fast when you are first every race?
#3 - Chaos
i don't know, but i guess that getting at least the golden license (for the XRT) takes a lot of races...
Meh, it doesn't take that long. A rough estimate of LFSW data shows I needed 49 races to get silver, which would already put you into better competition. Then 109 more races to finally reach platinum.

Just put in a marathon weekend, you should be able to easily get silver then. IIRC silver itself didn't last too long either and was rather quickly converted to gold. THAT however, stayed for quite a while.
#5 - SamH
The system is as it is because that's how it was designed. People who are fast climb onto the next server faster than those who are midfield, and they progress faster than those who are backmarker. I don't see any reason to change the way things work. It's worked perfectly well up until now.

If driving on your own at the front of the pack is boring, then perhaps you should do what many others do.. join the race at the back. There's a window of opportunity at the end of a race to change your racing name, which will place you at the back of the grid (that's one way.. there are others) and work your way through the field.
#6 - ZORER
what will happen when everybody reaches to the maximum licenses? any plans?
#7 - SamH
Quote from ZORER :what will happen when everybody reaches to the maximum licenses? any plans?

Maybe?
Im not fast, like alien fast but in about 1 and a half hours yesterday i got 70% of the way to a silver licence. So if your that quick, as long as you win the race, set fastest lap etc then you should soon get off the new and bronze servers.
I'm having a problem where I simply can't gain any points because there is never enough people on the server...

I finally, after much aggrivation won my first UF1 race the other day (not a big fan of the UF1..), and with only a handful of people on I gained a whopping 2%. I got my Bronze back when it was still XFG/XRG and there were plenty of people on. Now everyone is on Silver/Gold, and I'm stuck driving a car I hate (very) slowly clawing my way to Silver. Bleh.
Quote from XenoWolf :I'm having a problem where I simply can't gain any points because there is never enough people on the server...

I finally, after much aggrivation won my first UF1 race the other day (not a big fan of the UF1..), and with only a handful of people on I gained a whopping 2%. I got my Bronze back when it was still XFG/XRG and there were plenty of people on. Now everyone is on Silver/Gold, and I'm stuck driving a car I hate (very) slowly clawing my way to Silver. Bleh.

I never have that kind of problems, but i think most racers are Europeans and are a sleep when you want to race. It seems a lot of silver racers still drive the first server (sometimes i even see STCC racers on it).
I'm very slowly working my way thru silver but very often I go back on the bronze servers to race the XFG again as its fun. Not bothered about lack of points, just enjoying the racing. It's not about points for me, it's about the racing. Don't forget that!
Quote from ZORER :what will happen when everybody reaches to the maximum licenses? any plans?

i'd like to see all the points moved to /dev/null.
Quote from frokki :i'd like to see all the points moved to /dev/null.

Or it just stops then (and something new will come )
#14 - Worm
At the beginning, i think its ok to need silver license to play on the medium server. I totally agree. it isnt take a long time to have silver license.. and gold. If you are fast, its ok. But ...
To have platinum license, its take a very long time.... and sometimes i would like to play on platinum server with fast and fair racer but i cant
And i dont play only on STCC server so my license dont progress a lot
But anyway, that s the game ! And althoug its very boring i respect this.
If it was about racing you wouldn't have a problem with starting from the back and fighting through the pack, with the extra speed you say you have that would be a lot of fun.

But it will still take you time to get to the silver/gold server which is obviously where you think you should be, there is no preferential treatment, you have to put in some work like everyone else.

I dunno why Becky left the forums (well I do kinda understand), but I'm pretty sure it was stuff like this. You've been given something, be grateful you have it even if you think you should be higher than you are.
I guess if your bored in the bronze server and winning all the races within a day or two you will be into the silver/gold server where the racing is much better... and tougher. Follow the system and you will eventually find a challenge, the system isn't boring. It may be that your pace was just quicker than everyone elses on the bronze server. That will change though.
hmm, nice suggestions, but there is one flaw... i really don't want to waste my racing time with x hrs of boring races just to get the golden license to drive the XRT... the maximum time i have for LFS in one week is about 6 hours... and as i participate in two leagues that leaves about 1 to 2 hours free, now count in some practice for the leagues and... i'm glad if i could get 45min for STCC... the only thing is that i want to drive the XRT, because i love this car... now to get there i have to get through to golden license, which in my case would take a month, maybe two... they say STCC is for professional racers, i consider myself pro (ask anyone who raced against me and see my lfsw stats, finished races and how many i finished on top 3 places), but i really don't want to waste my precious LFS time on racing boring fwd in front of the pack... what tears my heart apart is that i see a server with the TBO class and I can't race there
Well there is nothing anyone can do for you really then. Sorry =( You have to compete in the system like everyone else.
which is what i would love to do, but don't have the time for it... so thank you for frustrating me seeing the TBO server but not being able to race there...:ashamed:
Didn't the system get changed to give silver licensed racers the XRT/RB4 only, with the FXO available after attaining gold?
I don't consider myself `pro` but I do think I'm faster than the average driver and tbh didn't take me long to work my way to silver and now gold. I really can't understand your point, spectate till the race restarts and join at the back of the pack... Thats what I do if I'm running away with races and can make for some great racing.

The STCC doesn't have to make you a challenge, you can make it yourself
Quote from Bean0 :Didn't the system get changed to give silver licensed racers the XRT/RB4 only, with the FXO available after attaining gold?

Yes
oh, i downloaded the "starter pack" and it said i need gold... if silver is enough for the XRT, then i just might give it a go...
Yes that was changed last week =) It's worth a shot. Some of the best pick-up races can be found on the silver server =)
#25 - SamH
Quote from keiran :The STCC doesn't have to make you a challenge, you can make it yourself

In a nutshell!

The TBO servers can be regarded as Private servers, because to all intents and purposes they are. But instead of needing to be in the team or the league in order to get inside, you just need to prove yourself on the track. But you do have to do at LEAST that.

The licence page needed updating to reflect the changes in servers and car, but it's fixed now.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG