The online racing simulator
edit_eng+v8=good
(244 posts, started )
Is this tweak going to be for all the cars or just the demo one's?
the S1/S2 cars are encrypted, so unless he got around it its just the demo cars (if he did get around it then i think it might a be a crackers field day, so i dont think he has!)
Quote from Jakg :the S1/S2 cars are encrypted, so unless he got around it its just the demo cars (if he did get around it then i think it might a be a crackers field day, so i dont think he has!)

shows how much you know about all this. I've been driving a v10 sauber since we got it. I would be very suprised if this program didnt cover more than the demo cars. Its his decision to what cars can be edited.
...?

its his decision, yes, but the S1/S2 cars are encrypted, if he removed that encryption then i doubt he would be allowed to release it, as this could have implications from crackers...
hah ok you stick with that theory.
Quote from steve :how did you know I was bastard child?

Lots of us are, don't worry

edit: how'd you get the blow off sound? I want it along with my inline 5cylinder 2.2liter turbo
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Quote from Dj-Aeri :Do you know why LFSTweak can't but MecaniK can modify the specs of all the cars?

Mecanik edits the class restrictions the cars are based on, for example you can tell lfs that the FSAE-class has a minum displacement of 4800ccm and 8 cylinders. So LFS mods all FSAE cars (the MRT).
Tweak however mods the cars directly, not by class
Moderators, how's it going? We haven't heard any progress from you yet
-
Quote from Dj-Aeri :Then, in the end, MecaniK is more usefull cause yo can "tune" any car (or class of cars), no?

MecaniK is much more restricted in what it can tune.
-
About all cars, it was discussed with the dev's a few years ago, and the decision was made that it could go public if only the demo cars were moddable

btw new video to come later
Thank you Steve. Have you heard anything from the mods?
so steve, what cars can we mod then?

frenchy
All I have to say is congrats. I'm sure your hardwork will be worth the effort with all of the praise you will recieve upon the 'official' release of this. I just found out today that it's done and waiting approval and i've been patiently excited since the rwd v8 xfg vid was released. This will open up an entirely new chapter into the LFS history books and steve and redrum (and any others associated with it) will go down in history So, i'm off to the dentist, school and work. I expect it to be waiting for me when i get home...j/k. Thank you

and now some gratuitous smileys!
:headbang: :lovies3d: :wow: :eclipsee_ :heyjoe67_
The demo cars. XFG + XRG + XRT

edit: That was @ Nathan
aww, only the demo cars? oh well, i still cant wait

frenchy
Now all we can do is wait for the moderators, while they have fun and leave us here, alone without LFSTweak.

It does improve postcount though.
Out of interest can we have 16 cylinders again? The old S1 versions could but the S2 programs don't seem to be able to handle more than 12.
holy crap?!?! 16 cylinders? wow, i was'nt around in the ancient S1 days
Quote from sil3ntwar :shows how much you know about all this. I've been driving a v10 sauber since we got it. I would be very suprised if this program didnt cover more than the demo cars. Its his decision to what cars can be edited.

Herki is right.
You did not edit the Sauber itself.. You modified its carTYPE (Cartype 11), And changed the min/max cylinders to 10... forcing it to 10 cylinders. the actual carfile itself is not modifiable.

LFSTweak is not a cartype modifier, only carfile.
Ah yes, having a V16 would be a pleasant surprise...
just imagine two V8 4 liter blocks put together - 8 Liter V16...
at around 800 Bhp and a nice torque band...that would be so nice...
stop it steve, just stop it, your killing me!! *crys like a little girl*
Quote from squidhead :Ah yes, having a V16 would be a pleasant surprise...
just imagine two V8 4 liter blocks put together - 8 Liter V16...
at around 800 Bhp and a nice torque band...that would be so nice...

at exactly 1001hp, how about that?
we would need a w16 then

edit_eng+v8=good
(244 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG