The online racing simulator
calling all you redering guru's
(26 posts, started )
need some help please, but you will have too explain in simple terms please LOL

right iv been playing while photoshop and 3d studio max for a while, and iv been making skins for my cars, but the thing is how do i????

*render 2 cars at the same time with differant skins on each car. (can it be done through 3ds max or do you have to render each car then chop then together in photoshop???)

*add a background, even if its just that mirrored floor, i really havent a clue..

oh and how to you change wheels??? (not to bothered About this one just yet, its more the first 2 please)

oh also how do i make them high detailed/quality, they just seem a little low rez at the min..

thanks in advance nathan..
You can do it all in 3dsmax,
I'd recommend reading this tutorial: http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/3dsmax_ref_vol1.pdf
It would save us alot of time.. There's stuff we cant just explain in a forum post, you need screenshots and stuff in order to understand. If you complete these tutorials, im pretty sure you'll be able to do the stuff you want.
After all, if you dont learn 3dsmax's basics, then whats the point? You're gonna do 3-4 lfs renders and get bored.
cool cheers for the link mate
i still need help guys, i read most of that webpage but it dont really help me, i figured out how too do 2 differant skins in one render, but no matter what i cant figure out the floor thing.. i wanting that mirrored affect...

heres what i got so far, i know toomost of you its crap, but im proud of what iv achieved so far...

any help will be massively greatful...
#5 - joen
it takes time to learn rendering and 3DS. Learn the basic things first, get to know the interface. Anybody can download a scene, change the skin and hit render. If you want to learn it will take time and experimenting. So first learn the basic stuff (like moving a car) before going into mirrored floors and such (which look totally unrealistic anyway).
and joen is teh rendering god! look at sig!
#7 - joen
Thanks, but that's really way too much credit. I learn new stuff every time, and there's a lot I have to learn. There's people around here (like righteous and snikki for example) who blow my stuff out of the water, but I did learn everything by experimenting myself and googling about lighting, materials, etc. So if you really want to learn that's the way to go, plus by doing that you'll come up with your own way of working and your renders will be more unique from others.
You might make 10 crappy renders before you improve, but the experimenting is just what makes it fun (for me at least).
its just im really struggling with a floor, all i seem too get is either a white/black or coloured background.... :doh:
#9 - joen
First of all, your cars are hovering above the ground. If you want to set a colour to the ground, you'll have to enable the ground plane in the csg server field in your rendering settings. There you are able to apply a material and/or colour to the floor. If you want to have a mirror floor you'll have to use a reflecting material on the floor.
i know cars are hovering i was just testing the skins out.. as for the csg server i have not got a clue where that is, i know you said its in rendering settings but i cant find it iv managed to get a coloured floor now, but the car has vanished leaving its shadow :doh: LOL
think iv got the hang of it

wot you think so far.

tbh, ur renders r better then some i've seen around here, ur cars r still a bit flaoting, but its really nice!!i would say, change the lighting, but ur still learning and experimenting... i really like it, and wich i could do it, but i'm to... eeeh.... untrained
Quote from joen :Thanks, but that's really way too much credit. I learn new stuff every time, and there's a lot I have to learn. There's people around here (like righteous and snikki for example) who blow my stuff out of the water, but I did learn everything by experimenting myself and googling about lighting, materials, etc. So if you really want to learn that's the way to go, plus by doing that you'll come up with your own way of working and your renders will be more unique from others.
You might make 10 crappy renders before you improve, but the experimenting is just what makes it fun (for me at least).

but u helped me
Alot!
Quote from kiss me :tbh, ur renders r better then some i've seen around here, ur cars r still a bit flaoting, but its really nice!!i would say, change the lighting, but ur still learning and experimenting... i really like it, and wich i could do it, but i'm to... eeeh.... untrained

cheers mate that means alot.. i see what you mean about the floatyness, ill get there eventually.. LOL

right guys i still need help on this, i can almost taste it.... i managed to get a shadow of the car on the floor but still not reflection.... what am i missing...
what am i missing, im doing everything i should be, iv made a plane and selected the map but when i render i just get a blank background....
Any one know where i can get CMX plugin for 3Ds max?
PLEASE DON'T SAY GOOGLE I HAVE USED THAT AND SEARCH BUTTON ON THIS FORUM!.
i searched google and it was the 4th link....

oh, and FYI it doesn't work anymore, it only worked for 3dsmax 5 & 6 (and sometimes 7)
#19 - joen
whats that plug in do????

p.s iv sorted it, its rendering now, ill pop a picture up when its finshed
i know its not perfect, the wall needs finishing off, and there a grey bit in the floor but not bad eh..

it used to convert CMX files from the CMX viewer and import them into 3dsmax

but like i've already said, you can't do it anymore, it was specifically made for 3dsmax 5 and 6, unless you're using 5 or 6 i guess you could use it, but i doubt anyone that actually uses 3dsmax.. has 5 or 6 (much less wants it)
i dont get why he needs cmx plugin. U can get all the scenes from master skinners or whatnot...
#24 - joen
Quote from DoriKiN :i dont get why he needs cmx plugin. U can get all the scenes from master skinners or whatnot...

Maybe he wants to build his own scenes?

BTW, the plugin works in Max 7 too, not just 5 & 6
#25 - Davo
Pretty sure the plugin works with 3dsmax8 as well. I know I've used it with 7 without a problem and morrow uses max8 so it must work too.

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG