The online racing simulator
[REL] Drift Gauge and G-Meter v1.4
(168 posts, started )
No.But that will be great.I usualy drive with the outside camera.
Quote from Kevin. :is it possible to have it outside?

and it won't be possible because of lfs' engine limitations
for the framedropping, when i start a race, in the first 10 secs i have a bit f lag, but then i get a steady 30fps on my crappy lappy
Quote from drift_apprentice :I just removed the G meter text, straight away, 30 frames more! now its 70 fps or so... Then I removed the Drift angle number, another 30 frames more!! Back to what it should be now without any text output.

So why are the simple text stuffing up my frame rate so much?

Can anyone answer my question? Where is the creator of this program??
realy usefull mod for drifters nice work man tnx
#81 - Jakg
Quote from drift_apprentice :Can anyone answer my question? Where is the creator of this program??

well i REALLY can't see how an overlay could do this, tbh.

Tried re-installing your graphics drivers? sounds a bit f***ed tbh!
Quote from drift_apprentice :I just removed the G meter text, straight away, 30 frames more! now its 70 fps or so... Then I removed the Drift angle number, another 30 frames more!! Back to what it should be now without any text output.

So why are the simple text stuffing up my frame rate so much?

how do you remove it? id like my 30 or 40 frames back, too.
#83 - Jakg
just rename the d38ll.dll
#85 - Jakg
well, the d38ll.dll, is, afaik, for overlays, so ghost car needs one, so does this drift thingy, so i just keep it renamed to "d38ll_drift.dll", and then rename back to "d38ll.dll" when i need it
@ M.Catamount, to get rid off those text, find ur Drift.cfg file in ur main LFS folder, then open it, change

Drift_Text_Enabled=0, and
GMeter_Text_Enabled=0

thats all. It made HUGE fps difference to me! but i prefer the angle text to be on, but it cost me liek 20fps, I dont like that!
Great program, really amazing work. You deserve an S2 licence. As for Drift apprentice I don't see how you are so pissed about framerates, your moniter can only refresh so fast (60hz = 60fps, 70hz=70fps) So really, you can't see a difference past 85fps (Asuming you have a CRT or LCD moniter that has the usual refresh rates up to 85hz)
~Bryan~
Quote from Drift_0k :sorry for asking this really stupid question, what is a G meter for?

It shows the g forces that the car is currently enjoying. Same info as you get on the tyre info screen.

Quote from dropin_biking :Great program, really amazing work. You deserve an S2 licence. As for Drift apprentice I don't see how you are so pissed about framerates, your moniter can only refresh so fast (60hz = 60fps, 70hz=70fps) So really, you can't see a difference past 85fps (Asuming you have a CRT or LCD moniter that has the usual refresh rates up to 85hz)
~Bryan~

Assuming V-sync is on.
^Yes, but still. Having more fps then what the moniter can refresh per second is un-noticable. Thats why so many people I know crank settings, and just set frame limit to 60. Because really anything over 50~ doesn't make a gameplay difference, IMO.
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :^Yes, but still. Having more fps then what the moniter can refresh per second is un-noticable. Thats why so many people I know crank settings, and just set frame limit to 60. Because really anything over 50~ doesn't make a gameplay difference, IMO.
~Bryan~

anything over 50 is hardly noticable, anything over 60 for tfts or 85 for crts is not noticable.
Quote from Dorifto12 :hey guys this is my 1st post but anyways....
i tried the G-meter but it doesnt come out,where do i have to put the file(or files)?
do i need anything else?

RTFM!
Did you change the settings in the cfg.txt?
The G-meter files should go in LFS' dir.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :2 requests for features

a fading "trail" for the G-Ball
a peak needle on the drift angle guage, so i can see what my angle was AFTER the drift and i'm not going to run into anything

bah.. got here before me

also i have one other "request" i guess you could call it, is there a way for GMeter to only show 2 digits instead of the full 3, because the hundredths digits are always changing from 0 to 1
hi...
i like this but it won't work...why why (
i have LFS S2 Alpha, version V
"Doesn't work", very descriptive, indeed.

first of all: did you read and follow the readme?
post the last few lines of your cfg.txt, that might help to find the problem
never mind i fix the problem... i like this thing
Quote from mattlikespeoples :so wait, you've been demo since aug 2005?

I`ve been demo racer (drifter actually) since october 2005. I would have bought S2 licence ages ago but can`t get money for it, guess it`s going to take till I`m 18 But then I have possibility to drift (atleast try to) with a real car, don`t know
where do i put this file into? im new to lfs and all this stuff is very confusing...
Quote from robattire :where do i put this file into? im new to lfs and all this stuff is very confusing...

I to am confuzed.... Do I just put the dll. file into the lfs folder? And maybe a read me file would be cool for new people.

[REL] Drift Gauge and G-Meter v1.4
(168 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG