The online racing simulator
#1 - axus
Race 6 - Post-race discussion
Sorry about the mass disconnect during qually - I will investigate.

My wheel lost its center by some 20 degrees on lap 6 and I just couldn't continue.
-
(kamo2000) DELETED by kamo2000
#2 - GabbO
Well, the Master server propably went crazy looking at the online stats..

Scheisse passiert...
#3 - axus
What a mess... by leader lap 17 (16 completed), 5 people had timed out (or 25% of the starting grid) - which means that the race will have to be rescheduled. As for the time being, I've got some investigation to do into the cause of these problems. Sorry again guys.
#4 - maczo
Well, it was a damn good race for me, battles with Rob and JJ (how come I always drive somewhere near you JJ? ). Hope the passes were clean enough guys - not an easy thing to do on this track
I'm really really disappointed, but... oh well, at least Kamo will get a second chance to score points. Should be good for the team
#5 - axus
Proof it wasn't our server - nicely spotted by traxxxion.
Attached images
totalonlinegraph2.png
Yes it was disaster for me as someone killed me aftes 1st split. When can we have some more info on next race date?
#7 - bozo
I had a very enjoyable race today ... I'm at least somewhere near race pace around this circuit

I had about 12 laps trying to keep filur behind me, but he made a good pass after I made a bad line through the final chicane. Then spent the next 13 laps trying to catch him. Makes a change for me to be fighting for position, and I enjoyed it ... I'm looking forward to a repeat race.
How many people actually timed out, and when.

I passed at least two ailing cars (presumably fuel or damage, and one was Charles!), and saw Anton in my mirrors suddenly veer off to one side. Thus they are NOT server related disconnects.

I appreciate that lots of people disconnected, but if they occured randomly over the whole race, then I would say they were individual problems. If they all occured in the same 5 minutes then I'd say they were server problems.

Sorry, I'm well aware I'm biased, because I made a cracking start, was leading the 4's despite SHITE qually, and ended up 4th overall (was expecting 8th). It's very unlikely that I'll do that again (i.e. beat all the other 4's), and thus I don't want a rerace.

I'm also aware that I will lose this discussion, but I feel like I've got to speak my mind.
#9 - axus
Quote from kamo2000 :Yes it was disaster for me as someone killed me aftes 1st split. When can we have some more info on next race date?

Per LXCC rules, it should be rescheduled for the 6th of February. I'll add it to the race schedule provided no-one has a problem with that.
#10 - axus
Quote from tristancliffe :How many people actually timed out, and when.

I passed at least two ailing cars (presumably fuel or damage, and one was Charles!), and saw Anton in my mirrors suddenly veer off to one side. Thus they are NOT server related disconnects.

I appreciate that lots of people disconnected, but if they occured randomly over the whole race, then I would say they were individual problems. If they all occured in the same 5 minutes then I'd say they were server problems.

Sorry, I'm well aware I'm biased, because I made a cracking start, was leading the 4's despite SHITE qually, and ended up 4th overall (was expecting 8th). It's very unlikely that I'll do that again (i.e. beat all the other 4's), and thus I don't want a rerace.

I'm also aware that I will lose this discussion, but I feel like I've got to speak my mind.

Tristan, look at the LFSW image, and then take a look at this thread:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... ?goto=newpost&t=17487

Apparently there are UK-wide connection problems this evening so its not individual problems. I'll take a look at the server logs and get back to you on the disconnected people.
#11 - axus
I can't seem to find the server log (for now) but when I aborted the race I went on the following facts:

While I was racing I saw ping bars go high and someone (not sure who) disappear from the server list.
After I had my crash (wheel lost center so I went into the wall), I left the server and spoke to Jeff (BBT) over MSN. He said that Zolo randomly disconnected from what he was seeing on LFS spectator.
I wanted to see what the problem was so I tried to rejoin the server, at which point I couldn't connect to the master server. Once I could again, the vMaxHome host wasn't found on the master server. I went to the list of games and it was there. I rejoined. Then I saw three people time out within a few minutes' time - Chriskart, A.Hepp, and Hyperactive. That added up to 5 or 25% of the grid so I aborted the race.

When I get the server log I will confirm all this.

EDIT: Sorry, the server log was disabled. The people who timed out will have to come out and say so but I'm sure that 5 did.
I was getting a strange message on LFS Spectator also:

"NETWORK FATAL :NOTCONN"

This happened a few times, not sure if that means anything. When it popped up I assumed that everyone was disconnected, but the race went on and I could still see it.
Quote from axus :EDIT: Sorry, the server log was disabled. The people who timed out will have to come out and say so but I'm sure that 5 did.

I can send the replay if that will help
#14 - axus
#15 - axus
The rescheduled event has been added to the event schedule (06.02.2007) and the forum Race Calendar.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG