The online racing simulator
Is it bad to eat the same thing everyday?
(52 posts, started )
or is it his..
lol! sorry to pick on you James but they started it!
My diet is horrid, but I like it .

When I first wake up I have 2 small chocolate bars, with a cup of coffee. Then in the morning at work I have a cup of tea waiting for me.
For lunch I normally have a Ham, mayo, salard in a bap (salard makes it feel healthy) .
Then after work consists of a pot noddle or some other unhealthy snack and a good handful of chocolate bars.

So all in all I reckon I have another 30 years left with that diet before it's all too much for my heart.
Animalls eat the same thing every day and it doesn't seem to harm then. Never heard an animall about his two pieces of fruit or about and never think of the different types of foodgroups
We have Scooby Snacks.

One fat slice of white bread, buttered up obviously. Two fat sausages go right there, slice em in half for better stability. Plenty of ketchup on there.

Then stick another slice of bread on there, butter that one up (sticking up) add a fried egg, sunny side up, but break the yolk and mush that about a bit. Add another fried egg, but this one has been broken and turned while frying.

Bit of salt and pepper. Slap on another slice of extra think white, then try and eat it.

Scooby Snack. Nearly as high as it is wide. And like giving birth in reverse.

Best not to eat these every day
I'm starting to think I'm the only fat kid around All you healthy long life people!

Breakfast is cereals and milk
Lunch is three slices of bread with each a different kind of meat, and if I have money I take a spicy chicken sandwich.
Dinner is whatever my mom makes, but I mostly leave vegetables alone (typical huh)
And between coming home from school and dinner there mostly is some chocolate bars or cookies, and in the evening I'll spread some more cookies, and here comes one of the worst things: I have a real urge for chocolate just before I go to bed.

Uhm, I don't eat butter though!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
When I used to go into the office regularly, I had a much worse diet than I do now. Typically lunch would comprise of either;
2x Chicken Bakes from Greggs, 1x 550ml carbonated beverage, and an optional 1x packet of crisps. Once I started driving to work I really noticed what this was doing to me.

Since starting to work from home I tend to go for whatever I can lay my hands on, or whatever I fancy. Occasionally this means bingeing on crap, but more often than not, it means something reasonably healthy. Maybe a sandwich associated with fruit. Typically I'll have 2 or 3 teas or coffees now though. I also tend to have upwards of 5 pints of milk (just to drink) within a week.

One thing I do / did eat too much of was cheese. I tend to add it to almost every sandwich or just have a slice or two with an apple
Oh yea, I drink lots of milk, I think almost or maybe sometimes even more than a litre in one day. But that includes the milk on my cereal, the evening chocolate party goes great with milk too..
Quote from sgt.flippy : I have a real urge for chocolate just before I go to bed.

Chocolate, and infact any sugary things are EXTREMELY addictive, can be pretty hard to break that cycle
Quote from danowat :Chocolate, and infact any sugary things are EXTREMELY addictive, can be pretty hard to break that cycle

Yea, tell me about it, in a few minutes I have to go to bed, and I'm already thinking on where to get the chocolate, how much, and exactly when

I should get an apple, but I hate it when they see me and react like: "huh, an apple? Is all the candy gone?"
Quote from sgt.flippy :Yea, tell me about it, in a few minutes I have to go to bed, and I'm already thinking on where to get the chocolate, how much, and exactly when

I should get an apple, but I hate it when they see me and react like: "huh, an apple? Is all the candy gone?"

Cold turkey, thats the best way , you don't eat the cold turkey............hmmmmm............cold turkey..............
#36 - JTbo
Quote from danowat :Chocolate, and infact any sugary things are EXTREMELY addictive, can be pretty hard to break that cycle

Yes, they are. I did use 200 grams of chocolate every day around year ago, it was replacement of my lunch actually, funny thing was that it did not affect to my weight really lot.

Now down to once a week, but well, should reduce even more, but it is hard, really hard. Walking, cycling, running etc. does help though
Quote from danowat :Cold turkey, thats the best way , you don't eat the cold turkey............hmmmmm............cold turkey..............

I was like, wth, eat a cold turkey? ......... Oh yea... the expression... hahaha.. oh, in class... shht... hmmm, indeed, turkey...
i love the kilo bars of cadbury milk chocolate... i have eaten a full one in a day many times
I don't eat much, but what I would eat, has the same fat, salt, sugar, carbohydrates and protein as drinking 5pints of Guininess.

Also, I get the added Benefit of Vit B12, Zinc and Iron and also the feeling of greatness

Guess what I choose
Quote from Fordman :I don't eat much, but what I would eat, has the same fat, salt, sugar, carbohydrates and protein as drinking 5pints of Guininess.

but we all know Guinness is good for you, so what you eat must be good for you, therefore you will live long and healthy
A good diet is to have a variety. Yes having the same thing everyday is not good, because you lack having the wide array of essential foods for your body. UNLESS of course the food that you are eating is giving you a fair amount of each essential food group you could be ok... but I highly doubt this is the case for anyone.

Just don't have McDonald's every day (or ever, in my case), and have a good balance with the various kinds of foods and vitamins. Because the last thing you want is developing a health problem by having any kind of nutritional deficiency or overdose that is deemed as 'toxic' amounts. Sometimes over short periods of time... eating the same thing can increase those risks.

Best mixes of food for a given week is meats, poultry, and a bit of good fish. Dairy, grains, and vegetables are always something that should compliment the meal... and don't go light on them
My problem is vegetables. I never eat vegetables. It's not that I don't like them, it's that I don't like the way the wife does. She's the one who cooks, so they are all very overcooked and soggy.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a better garden going next year. This year was mostly corn and tomatoes. That's my favorite veggies, corn and tomatoes (I know, tomato is a fruit ). I can run outside, pick a dozen ears of corn, cook them up, and finish them all off very easy. Unfortunate thing about that is, I believe corn has the least nutrition of any veggie. But theres nothing like cooking up an ear of corn just a mere 2 minutes after picking .

Eh, who cares. Give me a good thick t-bone or ribeye steak cooked medium and a dozen ears of corn every day and I'd be thrilled.
the only vegetables i eat are potato (no Ireland/potato related jokes please ), i HATE everything else...
Can't be that bad having the same thing everday. For the last five years i've had a peanut butter sandwich, a yogurt, and a bag of chips for lunch at school. I've been fine, nothing's hppened yet.

All i can say about the difference between 5 years ago and today with my lunch is that the chips bag is about half the original size
Quote from Rappa Z :Can't be that bad having the same thing everday. For the last five years i've had a peanut butter sandwich, a yogurt, and a bag of chips for lunch at school. I've been fine, nothing's hppened yet.

All i can say about the difference between 5 years ago and today with my lunch is that the chips bag is about half the original size

You're only 12 yeah? You won't notice anything unless you have an obsessive appetite... And your chances for obesity are actually at a greater risk in your pre-teen years... because you body and habits develop for those unhealthy foods. Should be easy to grow out of... and you'll especially want to avoid the peanut butter
#46 - JTbo
Quote from Tweaker :You're only 12 yeah? You won't notice anything unless you have an obsessive appetite... And your chances for obesity are actually at a greater risk in your pre-teen years... because you body and habits develop for those unhealthy foods. Should be easy to grow out of... and you'll especially want to avoid the peanut butter

Yep, you can't see difference at age of 20 still, but after you turn to older side of 30 and you have had bad diet for all your life, then it starts to show and when you see it yourself it is most likely too late.

It is not so important if you eat one thing or several things, imo. Important is to get all those vitamins and minerals. But I doubt anyone will listen to voices of experience in these things, it is built into human nature to do same mistakes as thousands of others have made before.

And brush your teeths at least at evening(really everyone should brush twice a day, always after eating is not bad either), also always drink one or two glasses of water after eating/drinking soda, that will be good for your teeth
Quote from JTbo :but after you turn to older side of 30 and you have had bad diet for all your life, then it starts to show and when you see it yourself it is most likely too late.

Sorry, but thats complete bull plop.

I have had a bad diet all my life, I am now 32, I have ALWAYS been big, till about 18 months ago I was tipping the scales at 23 stone.

I decided to change, and now I am fit and 15 stone, almost my ideal wieght.

Bottomline, it is NEVER to late, if I can do it, anyone can, just takes a bit of work, a sensible diet (diets (i.e. fad diets) DO NOT work) and excercise.
#48 - JTbo
Quote from danowat :Sorry, but thats complete bull plop.

I have had a bad diet all my life, I am now 32, I have ALWAYS been big, till about 18 months ago I was tipping the scales at 23 stone.

I decided to change, and now I am fit and 15 stone, almost my ideal wieght.

Bottomline, it is NEVER to late, if I can do it, anyone can, just takes a bit of work, a sensible diet (diets (i.e. fad diets) DO NOT work) and excercise.

It is not the weight, no, there is so much more, let's see after 5 years if you still think that way

Memory for example, that is funny thing it will be one day that one notices how hard it is to remember things, you go to shop and you remember 2 out of 3 products that you needed to buy, that is what can happen if you eat only once in a day and if it does not contain enough different vitamins and minerals. Certainly most of what doctors and health people recommends are overkill, get 10% of that and it is already helping.

Eat this and this only for 20 years or more and there will be problems because lack of some important things and overdose of some other
Too much Sunny D turns you yellow apparently...

Quote from BBC News :A four-year-old girl was taken to Glan Clwyd Hospital after she turned yellow

The makers of one of Britain's top-selling soft drinks admitted too much of it could send kids yellow after warnings from a north Wales doctor.

Drink manufacturers American conglomerate Procter and Gamble were responding to reports from a paediatrician that a four-year-old he saw was a "yellowy colour" after drinking too much Sunny Delight.

Source

I've also heard the same thing about Tomato Soup, can't find any links though.

Is it bad to eat the same thing everyday?
(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG