The online racing simulator
Do you exercise?
(66 posts, started )
Do you exercise?
I go to the gym 3 times a week, 40mins of Cardio, 40mins of wieghts, and on days like today, I went last night, I wonder why I bother, I ACHE like mad.

I ran 2.5km's last night, did 1km on the cross trainer and my legs are fecked basically, I guess it's good to keep yourself fit, but sometimes I really can't be arsed.

Any other fitties here?, or are you all a bunch of lazy buggers?
Exercise? You mean, where you have to move and stuff?

Quote from AndroidXP :Exercise? You mean, where you have to move and stuff?

Thats the kiddie, it involves getting out of your seat
#4 - Davo
If I wasn't a stick figure and could put on some weight and muscle tone I'd probably go to the gym. When I get fat in my later years Ill exercise.
when i was racing i used to visit the gym regularly (about 4 or 5) times a week. i'd do alot of cardio and some light weights with plenty or reps.
it does hurt for the 1st while but your body gets used to it and after about 2 or 3 months you'll be fine the next day. it all depends on your fitness i suppose as well.
I've given up on all that now, except weights, i do them at home
I used to work out at school, but after I left a gym membership was too expensive. I did continue to do what I could at home for a couple of years though.

But I've not done anything for the past 5 or 6 years now. Thankfully I'm blessed with the same metabolism as my dad, so I don't put on weight at all

In the last couple of weeks I've made moves towards doing some home workouts again, but easing into it slowly.
Quote from nikimere :when i was racing i used to visit the gym regularly (about 4 or 5) times a week. i'd do alot of cardio and some light weights with plenty or reps.
it does hurt for the 1st while but your body gets used to it and after about 2 or 3 months you'll be fine the next day. it all depends on your fitness i suppose as well.
I've given up on all that now, except weights, i do them at home

I wish, I have been doing it since April, and it STILL hurts

My fitness level has improved no end, I was actually toying with the idea of doing a marathon sometime..............

As for people who don't put on wieght, I HATE THEM, poxy metabolism, I only have to look at something and I put on 5lb's.

I used to be 23 stone, but in the last 18 months have lost 8 stone and am no 15, so the gym must be doing something, its just a shame it hurts so damn much
#8 - Bean0
I've been working out.

I got x=3
Quote from danowat :I used to be 23 stone, but in the last 18 months have lost 8 stone and am no 15, so the gym must be doing something, its just a shame it hurts so damn much

fair play to ya mate!! thats A LOT of weight to lose!! wow!
I find Gym work very tedious. I find it easier to motivate myself when I'm doing some kind of competitive sport. I'm back playing squash again now so my fitness is coming back.
#11 - siLc
Quote from danowat :I go to the gym 3 times a week, 40mins of Cardio, 40mins of wieghts, and on days like today, I went last night, I wonder why I bother, I ACHE like mad.

I ran 2.5km's last night, did 1km on the cross trainer and my legs are fecked basically, I guess it's good to keep yourself fit, but sometimes I really can't be arsed.

Any other fitties here?, or are you all a bunch of lazy buggers?

LOL. I ran 2700 km last year, done almost 200 this year running 5-20km a day, I have 2,5 hour volleyball practises 3-4 times a week (tuesday, friday, saturday and sometimes wednesday), have a basketball practise on monday. I go to gym with my really "big" friend who really kills me there, about 10tons weights are pushed. And in winter I usually went to skiing on sundays, but there isn`t any snow here this year so it`s day off. I`m always on run, don`t have much free time
So what have I got from that? I`m palying volleyball in professional league, but my foot almost broke in end of last year, because it was tired. My left shoulder is aching time to time. But I think it`s good to be fit, I like that my girlfriend feels secure with me and really I like to train myself.
I play golf at least once per week...so that involves a 6-7k walk, as well as the upper body workout swinging the club!
Also have recently taken up judo again, and that has seen my weight drop to 11st 9lbs...sleek, flat-bellied, and well toned....not bad for a soon-to-be 52 yr old!
Can STILL manage an 8k+ run if/when I feel like it...

Maybe if I could give up the fagz I could even maybe get fit one day!
Quote from Gentlefoot :I find Gym work very tedious. I find it easier to motivate myself when I'm doing some kind of competitive sport. I'm back playing squash again now so my fitness is coming back.

Yeah, it IS tedious, but all I do to motivate myself is look at my passport photo, I'll have to post it, and what I look like now, it's like a different person, FAT-THIN(ER) LOL.

Mind you, the lovely little redhead in front of me, with a g-string on, jiggling her bottom up and down infront of me normally gets me motivated quite well............
I almost walked to the cash point last night, but I didn't.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Becky Rose :I almost walked to the cash point last night, but I didn't.

On a similar vain, you know what REALLY erks me?.........DRIVE THRU FAST FOOD.

I mean are we REALLY that lazy that we can't haul ourselves out of our cars and WALK into the place?, I mean stuff like McD's is bad enough without not even getting out of your car to get it...........illepall
Quote from danowat :On a similar vain, you know what REALLY erks me?.........DRIVE THRU FAST FOOD.

I mean are we REALLY that lazy that we can't haul ourselves out of our cars and WALK into the place?, I mean stuff like McD's is bad enough without not even getting out of your car to get it...........illepall

But why queue up for 15 mins surrounded by screaming kids when you can sit in the comfort of your own car with some music on, smoking a tab. Also, if your order isn't ready straight away they tell you to park up and bring it over to you instead of you hovering around the tills getting in the way (still surrounded by screaming kids).
Quote from danowat :On a similar vain, you know what REALLY erks me?.........DRIVE THRU FAST FOOD.

it's convienience for me, not laziness. For example if your caught for time and cant sit down to eat in a mc donalds. i only go for mc d's when i'm stuck for time and it usually means i go to the drive-thru, collect my food and eat it as i drive to whatever it is i'm late for!
If I ever had to queue in McD's the smell would put me off ordering anything. That said I usually put up with it a little when I rush in, grab a McFlurry and leg it out again.

As to personal excercise, I used to play rugby once (later twice) a week for 10 years (from 7 to 17), until a shoulder injury force me to stop. I've recovered now but lazyness has set in. Plus I was always tall for my age, all the other kids have caught up now and I was getting bruised too easily (I did my knee in before my shoulder). Since stopping rugby I've put on some spread around the waist, I really want to have a flat stomach again like when I was 16.

I went to the gym doing mostly weights while at College and the first two years of Uni, but due to financial and later time commitments I stopped and haven't got back into it since. I've got a set of weights, a bench and some press-up bars I bought last week in my room now though, I intend to start using them while the weather's miserable, once it perks up I can cycle into town and use my gym membership. And speaking of bikes, my moutain bike that is on it's last legs (wheels?) is about to get replaced with a shiny new one in a week or so when I blow half my student loan on some Giant goodness.

I so lack motivation.
Playng ice hockey 2/3 times at week.
But i screw everything with smoking, eating like a pig and with messy saturday nights.
I was 'blessed' with fast/hyper metabolism and genes which seemingly give me both supernatural physical condition without any training (I never work out or anything, and I can run a mile without breaking a sweat), and disable me from ever gaining weight.

Mirrored world actually: I spent the last 2-3 months trying to gain weight, which is working now, but was really tough for many weeks.

It's not my first attempt either. I was actually 1-2 kgs medically underweight for some time before (in other words... a skinny twig-man), and tried eating more than twice what I did normally, some days I even ate three times as much food. The effect was that I gained about 2-3kg in a month. Whoop-dee-doo.

Don't know why I'm steadily gaining weight now, maybe my metabolism is simply slowing down a bit as I go older, but regardless of how strange it may sound to most people, I like it
Hmm, exercise? At work I am working at least a 10 hour shift. I counted one day and I climb 120 flights of stairs (approximately 20-30 stairs per flight), or I am standing in one spot on concrete for 10 straight hours when running the molding press. Exercise you say? I get home from work and collapse on the couch. Sometimes it's hard to get motivated to go race LFS on the computer!
You run an injection moulding press?
i did work out a lot ... but i never bothered much with cardio which eventually led to me giving up on working out after about a year of doing hit (tired at about half an hour into the training sessions)
now im trying hard to get my assets back to the gym ... not doing very well at that though
Well, i'm up and down stairs a fair bit at uni, plus plenty walking about town.

When its the summer months, or atleast warmer, I cycle atleast 10 miles a day, not too much - but it keeps me healthy enough
Never done organised exercise out of educational institutions, but in my younger years I spent hours upon hours outside and was reasonably fit. These days I try, manage to get something done for 2 days and lose motivation to continue. I hate doing non-essential stuff with a schedule..

Do you exercise?
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG