The online racing simulator
Favourite game from the past?
(68 posts, started )
#1 - shim
after doing a bit of thinking, it dawned on me what my favourite game of all time is.. even after 15 years since its release date, SpeedBall 2 is most definatly one of the games that should go down in history as one of the best sports games.
Only one killer game in my lifetime...........Elite, I used to sit daydreaming in school about it, I couldn't wait to get home and play it, it was, and is, a truely, truely awesome game.
Ive only liked I game it was the Gran Turismo series but then LFS killed it for me. So now my favourite is LFS.
Quote from Btoryo :Ive only liked I game it was the Gran Turismo series but then LFS killed it for me. So now my favourite is LFS.

Think you missed the point mate, Favourite game from the PAST
Sensible (World Of) Soccer (But I still play it from time to time on Amiga 1200 and CD32)

"World Of" is in brackets, as they are both great games
Definitely Dune 2 and the ultimate The Lost Vikings - I still play it when really bored

EDIT: Huh, almost forgot on Accolade's F1 - the oldest game which I still play(1988), and regrettably the only racing game where I can compete with my brother
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Grammond's F1 Grand Prix
#8 - TiJay
The Sonic (1,2,3,S&K) games I guess. Still play 'em today on my PSP and PC.

Although Super Mario Brothers comes close even though the first time I played it was on a GBC.
Quote from TiJay :Super Mario Brothers comes close even though the first time I played it was on a GBC.

Oh blimey, forgot about SMB, this game had me pumping 20p's into the arcade machines like billy-o, Outrun, the one with the full hydralic Testarossa was also a bit of a draw.
Mega Man 2
#11 - SamH
I pondered this one, and two floated to the top of my cup of coffee..

Lemmings - the original one, not that stupid one that came after

Arkanoid - the one that you could essentially spin the ball with, using a bit of logic.. not just back/forth. The one I had was on the Atari ST, but there was another version of it, that really rocked and ran full-screen in Win98 so should run in XP. I'll see if I can find it. May have been something like SpeedBallz or something.
Hard.. so many..

But if one has to be selected, then it shall be Elite. (Or Last Ninja 2. Or...)
Quote from danowat :Think you missed the point mate, Favourite game from the PAST

Oh I see lol. I liked Pac Man on those arcade mahines.
NFS: Porsche...

(past enough for me )
#15 - Jakg
UT:GOTY - now 8 (!) years old, but still bags of fun
If it is the game i spent most time playing it is the original "civilization"...
If it is the one i like most is "panza kick boxing"...
If it is the one amazed me is "frontier elite"...
If it is the one i had more fun is "indiana jones and the last crusade"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_(computer_game)
http://www.bestoldgames.net/en ... mes/panza-kick-boxing.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontier_(computer_game)
http://www.abandonia.com/games ... naJonestheLastCrusade.htm
Galaga, Donkey Kong, Tron, Space Invaders, Astroids, Spy Hunter, and Outrun. I'm going back to the arcade for these.

Home gaming on PC or console: Again, Astroids and Space Invaders on Atari 2600. RC Pro Am and Excite Bike on Nintendo. Road Rash and Mortal Kombat on Genesis, and that's as far as I went with consoles. Indycar Racing II, Nascar Racing 2, and original Need for Speed on PC.
Tough one. Maybe Metal Gear Solid, on the PSone. Still a great game and seemed totally revolutionary, to me anyway.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Fifa 98. Because you can play indoor football
That was so pimp, and 0lDsk00l !
Just by looking at the games you choose i can guess your age
Homeworld 1 and 2. still play them now
Bloody hell, how far back are we going?

Back 20 years (bloody hell I feel old):
My Spectrum days. Spy Hunter, Dizzy. Oh, Pro Mountain Bike Sim and Miami Chase. My god I remember them like it was yesterday.

Back 10 years:
Tough call. Spent a lot of time on the SNES. Zelda, Secret of Mana, International Superstar Soccer Deluxe all got a lot of time.

Back 5 years:
The ripe old age of 21 and my early PC years. Duke Nukem 3D and Need For Speed in 98, Motor City Online (RIP) in 2000, Everquest a year or two after.
#23 - SamH
I just remembered on I played on the Atari 8-bit.. "Caverns Of Mars"! Geez, I was sooo good at that one
Quote from thisnameistaken :We've done this thread before I think. Worms 2.

Very much agreed!! I was friggin addicted to this game!!
I also loved GP3.
I used to pull all-nighters playing F1GP, UFO: Enemy Unknown (UFO Defense in States I think), the first NFS and NHL '93.

(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG