The online racing simulator
Favourite game from the past?
(68 posts, started )
my favourite game changed from time to time, but one of the best surely were monkey island 1/2. still have 'em, even the code discs
even older fun games: tank wars, ski free, sokoban (cga ftw ) and a lot more
I still prefer old simple games made by heart instead of having half-arsed stuff like big companies produce nowadays *cough*EA*cough*

does console count too? I loved everything I had for my NES. And the first Final Fantasy parts as well as Street Fighter 2 Turbo for SNES
Zelda. All of them!
So many oldies to chose from, but as soon as this topic comes up I always seem to remember two games that really got me sitting down for several hours at a time.

Elite and Flashback! Super games both of them and I still wish someone would make them runable on modern OS and computers.
Civilization. Oh so many hours wasted fighting against the mongols...
Quote :Outrun, the one with the full hydralic Testarossa was also a bit of a draw.

I still have the DOS version Found an arcade with the original on holiday but the CRT was off-colour and blurry so didn't play it. Now I love playing OR2 in arcade and Coast 2 Coast on my home PC with DFP
Hard one this, so many games on so many systems.

Spectrum: Operation Wolf, with lightgun
Amiga: Speedball 2, Supercars 2, Sensi.

There's a few to spot in this
Quote from shim :after doing a bit of thinking, it dawned on me what my favourite game of all time is.. even after 15 years since its release date, SpeedBall 2 is most definatly one of the games that should go down in history as one of the best sports games.

Was speedball the one the amiga where was like american football and there was stars and things at the side of the pitch?

favorite games from past has to be stealth f117a and jaguar xj220
Quote from Greboth :Was speedball the one the amiga where was like american football and there was stars and things at the side of the pitch?

favorite games from past has to be stealth f117a and jaguar xj220

The stars that made trumpet noises, the points multiplier and the thingy that powered up the ball were at the side.

They remade it fairly recently, I won it for the Playstation from The Sun's website
Frontier: Elite 2 was amazing for the sheer size of the game, and kept me playing for a long time.
Another World was amazing for the graphics and story.
(Open) Transport Tycoon keeps me coming back even now as it's so easy to pick up and put down.
Super Mario Kart (battle mode) was one of the multiplayer favourites - I recall spending an undefeated hour against all comers, with a nominal fee per challenger going to charity
Super Bomberman was another great multiplayer one, especially with 4 players and when played after the pub.

Those are the ones that spring to my mind.
Transport Tycoon from 1994, I still play it's Deluxe version from 1995 today.
Excite Bike on the NES done it for me.
Monkey Island gets my vote!!!! (In fact every Lucas adventure, but MI especially)

Tigershark: I also played a lot TTD!! It was great, and I still play it, but you have to take a look to OpenTTD. It's a pixel-perfect free opensource remake of the original game that has tons of new and great features.

http://www.openttd.com/

If you like the game you will love it
Quote from Eldanor :Tigershark: I also played a lot TTD!! It was great, and I still play it, but you have to take a look to OpenTTD.

Thanks Eldanor, I've been using that for a while now. It's got some great new options and features!
F117......at the time it was cutting edge. Still have it somewhere, oh and Armymen, got a kick out of my little green army men finally coming to life, took me back to the comic books where you had to send in for the complete footlocker
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I used to pull all-nighters playing ......and NHL '93.

NHL '93, how could I forget that one. It was the college years, sitting around drinking beer with the buds playing NHL '93 on Genesis. Literally, fights would break out over that one in our very drunken condition. Many things were broken during said fights, except the Genesis. It was heavily guarded during any scuffle, LOL.

Only 2 Genesis controllers, beer, and about 10 20'ish year olds did NOT go well together, LOL.
#41 - th84
Blades of steel for the nes, the original street fighter a close second.
Transport Tycoon, the second most addictive Game of all times.

#43 - JTbo
Quote from Tigershark :Transport Tycoon from 1994, I still play it's Deluxe version from 1995 today.

Ah, I remember playing this so long without sleeping that everything looked green, then I left it on and went to bed, after nice 18 hours of sleep I did come to see how game does and bloody trains were still going

Test drive II on Amiga and Test Drive I on C64, 4d sports driving (Stunts) on amiga too, hard to decide which one is better, Test drive II was first that I did mod anyway.

Sports Car GT on pc along with Viper racing were quite nice ones too, GPL was nice but I really never got too much into it.

But if I must choose just one, that would be really hard choice, I think it have to be Stunts, I did some modding to that one too, but nothing very succesful
:bowdown:

#45 - shim
#46 - JTbo

:headbang:
Quote from Highsider9 :Transport Tycoon, the second most addictive Game of all times.

I second that! Had the psx version, spent hours and hours playing it!
#49 - JTbo
Damn you, now I had to test Transport Tycoon and it will be far far in a future when I can get sleep

I had to use dosbox to get it running, but I find that it runs rather slowly even I have now 10000 in cpu cycles, any tips?
#50 - aoun
Zelda by far!!! Prob the only game i would play other then a racing game..

Favourite game from the past?
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG