The online racing simulator
Just purchased game
(57 posts, started )
Just purchased game
little disapointed in it already
Tsk. In more detail, what are you disappointed with?

Oh, and welcome
I Guess its not at all as I expected. I played and liked the demo cause I figured the other cars would be much faster. Do I need to download the tweak program to make it enjoyable. Also didnt know it would be access all cars and tracks right then. I love Gran Turismo's set up. Oh well 50 bucks gone already.
Quote from BlowThruStang :I Guess its not at all as I expected. I played and liked the demo cause I figured the other cars would be much faster. Do I need to download the tweak program to make it enjoyable. Also didnt know it would be access all cars and tracks right then. I love Gran Turismo's set up. Oh well 50 bucks gone already.

Well i'm sure if you had taken little time and effort you would have been able to read up on what you are pruchasing and what LFS S2 is about.

If you want some Granturismo, play Granturismo, but if you want a SIM, play LFS for a few hours and your money wont seem so wasted after all.
The GTRs, FO8 and BF1 are a lot faster You could try the STCC servers for a miniature "career" mode.
we have a new virgin for the lfs volcano.
wtf lol your so random kid its hilarious
Quote from BlowThruStang :I Guess its not at all as I expected. I played and liked the demo cause I figured the other cars would be much faster. Do I need to download the tweak program to make it enjoyable. Also didnt know it would be access all cars and tracks right then. I love Gran Turismo's set up. Oh well 50 bucks gone already.

So what exactly were you wanting anyways? Were you wanting the cars and tracks to be locked up til you got so many points or something? also isn't Gran Tourismo more of a single person game? LFS is definately more of a multi player thing and because of that, it pretty much has to be all open and unlocked. If the community as a whole had to sit back and wait for others to
progress before they could set up a different track and faster car combo,
then that would just suck! Imagine having all the points to drive the BF-1/ashton North combo but stuck on blackwood with the UF because all the servers with anyone on them are newbies still trying to earn points to get another car. Nah, that kind of thing wouldn't really work for LFS.

One of the things that really separates games like Gran Tourism from games like LFS is how they are played. In Gran Tourismo, the goal is to beat the game. Once you unlock all the cars, get all the up grades and unlock the tracks, it's pretty much over. In LFS the challenge is to perform better than what you did last time.
So can I like sell this game on here or what?
#10 - JJ72
tell me the BF1 is slow.
Quote from BlowThruStang :So can I like sell this game on here or what?

Like, not really. Like, you purchased the game and registered a username. I, like, doubt anyone is going to, like, want to take your username, even at a discount.

If you don't think the licensed cars are faster than the demo cars you may have some sort of speed perception problem. The GTR cars weigh less than the demo cars and have about three times as much horsepower. The BF1 and F08 are even more extreme. Before you dismiss the game maybe you should show us a fast lap around, say, Aston in the F08. I mean, if the cars are so slow it should be no problem, right?
Quote from BlowThruStang :So can I like sell this game on here or what?

You've done 21 kilometers, 0 laps, and have no time recorded online. Please, give it a proper go. LFS is online racing simulation, that means driving online and using a wheel. And really, you thought the S2 cars would be faster. Going 300 km/h isn't enough for you, or is it too much already? Driving isn't about the top speed in LFS anyway, unlike in GT, it's about quickness in corners like in real racing. It can be hard.
Quote from Blackout :You've done 21 kilometers, 0 laps, and have no time recorded online. .

that is one killer burnout
just do a lap on every track with every car then post back here if you still dont like it

SD.
LFS is an amazing racing simulation... U figured the other cars arent much faster. Isn't the FXO GTR, XR GTR, FZ50 GTR, FOX, FO8, BF1, RAC and FZ50 faster? If u think these cars aren't faster then the XRT then u seriously need a counsellor. This game has immense fun and god-damn realistic physics.... Go now, fly off and go play ur Gran Turismo 4 if u dont like the most realistic racing simulation on the market.
#16 - SamH
If you want a structured racing licence system, where you have to earn the cars, go find the STCC New & Bronze servers and give that a spin
LOL 0 laps and he doesn't like it. I wonder if he could even manage a lap

This is an online racing simulator. I think you're perhaps looking for an offline racing arcade game. The smallest of research before committing to buy would have saved you your money. It's you're own fault.

Being a simulator, you'll find that the 2006 BMW Sauber is modelled on the 2006 BMW Sauber, and as such attains the same top speeds and accelleration.

Formula 1 cars are quick.

I don't know, maybe it's the lack of motion blur, exhaust flame, hip hop, and the nitrous hiss sound effect that kills the sense of speed for you?
Where's that post about all American's being stupid? I know I tried to defend a little but I dunno now!
Quote from Blackout :You've done 21 kilometers, 0 laps, and have no time recorded online.

An American with a short attention span, why I'm not surprised?

Sorry about that, but you simply can't judge LFS until you've gone online.
#20 - Jakg

im right with you, as my BF1 breaks the 200 MPH barrier i just think "*yawn* this is boring"

He doesn't deserve the right to judge it with 21 kilometres and 0 laps. Unless he has done 1000km and 80 laps in single player. UNLIKELY Very.

I don't think it's a nation thing. I think it's just about people being smart. That's what I find amazing about this forum, people from all over the world, and I haven't seen a single "import vs domestic" thread that you usually get on any international car forum. It's restored my faith
in American car fans, as in general, a public international car forum + Americans = "import vs domestic" threads every day, which you simply don't get here which shows it's just about smart people vs simple people, regardless of nationality.
Quote from xWolFx :He doesn't deserve the right to judge it with 21 kilometres and 0 laps. Unless he has done 1000km and 80 laps in single player. UNLIKELY Very.

It's an online, multiplayer focused game, so driving around in single player for the rest of time wont give him anymore of an idea of what the game has to offer.
And again someone who isn't totally satisfied with LFS gets hostile response, why? Just read through all the posts... illepall Some of the fanboys here have serious issues.
The devs received another 24 pounds so who cares if he doesn't like LFS? I don't. Do you?
Quote from K.David :And again someone who isn't totally satisfied with LFS gets hostile response, why? Just read through all the posts... illepall Some of the fanboys here have serious issues.
The devs received another 24 pounds so who cares if he doesn't like LFS? I don't. Do you?

It's not that, this guy has basically done no racing online, which is the whole point of the game and his first post is saying he doesn't like it because it's not like GranTurismo.....no shit sherlock!

He hasn't even tried the game properly yet!

But I guess you have a point, this is not the game for him, it's not Need for Speed or GranTurismo, but surely playing the demo would show you this within about 2 seconds?!

Doesn't it get to you when people ask for stuff like, buying new parts or monster trucks? It's obvious this is not that kind of game, it just frustrates me some times.

Just purchased game
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG