The online racing simulator
#51 - SamH
Quote from Davo :There's just no getting away from it!!!

LMAO! No escape!! Arrrrggggghhhhh!! hehe
I don't care who you are, dat's funny right der, Davo!
#53 - SamH
Per request (and I'm actually pretty good on this one too!)..

That completes the set of 4 arrive-and-drive, auto-rotating servers: FOX, GTR, LRF and the original Odd Compo.
Quote from SamH :
That completes the set of 4 arrive-and-drive, auto-rotating servers: FOX, GTR, LRF and the original Odd Compo.

ahh thank god i thought you dropped the original odd compo one
sadly its not like anybody ever races there :/
Had just some good racing with (mostly me trying to keep up ) on the LRF server. Finally an LRF only server

Few bugs:
- The track changing thing changed track from AS2R to AS2R. I remember that something similar happened on the STCC server and it got fixed. Did it
- The race started when I was in pits. I was alone on the server and it didn't allow me to "join the race" for few secs. I guess this is somekind of "pit start" blocking system, but when you are alone on the server...
#56 - Vain
The pitstart-prohibition was made by Scawen. So at least for once Sam is not at fault (though he could have suggested it... ).

Vain
#57 - SamH
Quote from Hyperactive :AS2R to AS2R

Gnrrf! I'll ask Becky how easy it would be to code it to avoid consecutive repeats. There are a couple of other features I've asked for, but I think she's going Sam-deaf! LOL

For now, just use the vote-to-end option
Oh that's it break out the slander before i've even had a chance to pause for breath! LOL... It should have the same excemption that works on the STCC servers, but obviously it's not working. Of course somebody else reported a similar thing to me the other day on STCC servers, but in both cases so far this has been reported a shortwhile after a server restart, so it's also possible that the server had no history of the previous track - it's also possible it's bugged.
#59 - SamH
Quote from Becky Rose :Oh that's it break out the slander before i've even had a chance to pause for breath! LOL...

I did restart the app, while setting up the FOX Club, so maybe it was then
It's 4:30am, I work tomorrow, I was just about to go to bed, but now I want to race.

I hate yous guys (and girl[s]).
too bad those servers are very unpopular :/ they sounded like just the thing to get me back into racing
#62 - SamH
Yeah, it would be nice if they were more used. It always seems to be though, that if you get 3 or more in one of these servers, they begin to grow. Earlier, the LRF server got up to 21 people for a good while.. and it was good fun.

They're there, and always available, so at least they're an option, if people wish to choose it
Thanks, Sam!
I didn't see a single person online at any of your servers last weekend, but I'll keep trying.
Quote from SamH :Yeah, it would be nice if they were more used. It always seems to be though, that if you get 3 or more in one of these servers, they begin to grow. Earlier, the LRF server got up to 21 people for a good while.. and it was good fun.

They're there, and always available, so at least they're an option, if people wish to choose it

I have actually taken to using it even when it's empty, as I find 90% of the other available servers as dull as ditchwater.

The LRF cars are REALLY under used by the LFS population, REALLY under used and REALLY underated.
I've seen the FOX server grow to four people, but it seems people really can only drive that car at Blackwood GP in the normal direction! Even when the FOX server ran reverse it didn't entice anyone away.

The Odd Compo and the LRF server i've seen have sporadic moments of popularity, i've not looked at the GTR server (not my bag really).

So what we've got here is a server that could work, but it isn't right yet, and it isn't widely known of course. What it needs is something just that little extra (aside from closing STCC servers of course! Which might push traffic their way! lol).

And I have just the idea ....

It'll be a couple of weeks though.
I have raced just 3 times in the LRF server and everytime after a while people have started to show up. Which is unlike the OCC server where I could have raced hours alone with maybe one or two people joining and leaving instantly. The point is that I have had good races there. Plus the random comedy addon sometimes (don't ask )

One reason for the FOX server to be "empty" might be the fact that the FOX servers are already quite popular so people just choose the servers where they have raced already lots. Which are BL1 and AS2 servers mostly.

Make it into an FO8 server
I raced at the LRF server last night.

I had a really good time.

(Watch out for the Muroc team though...)
Quote from z3r0c00l :I raced at the LRF server last night.

Not all of them, your safe if I am online, I can't hurt a fly in the LRF cars, well maybe a barrier or 3 =)
Quote from z3r0c00l :I raced at the LRF server last night.

I was there too, some "interesting" driving from some people
I never interfered with another car!

However, I clearly couldn't drive the one I chose
#71 - SamH
A FO8 server is a tempting thing indeed! I think I'm going to wait a week, now, and see if I can get an idea of a pattern of usage. The LRF and FOX servers exist because they've been requested. History shows to me, though, that there is a significant difference between usage of the forum and usage of LFS.

With all due respect, the forum is 95% hypothetical/theoretical, but LFS is the true testing ground. I've launched servers in the past, following pages of "why oh why isn't there a.. " on the forum, only to have the server sit empty for weeks at a time, with not one soul entering, before I've finally killed them off.

The GTR server is one I want, so I ain't killing it, and I'll use it when I can. The Odd Compo and the Odd Combo are there for the same reason. The others are there while they're used, and gone if they're not.
I don't drive the single seaters much but from what I have seen not many people can effectivly handle the BF1, maybe a Fv8 server first?

Thinking about it maybe there could be a single seater version of the STCC tiered servers? I don't know how well it would fly though, also I don't know how many people actually use the FoX, Fv8 and BF1 to see if there would be any people on it. Would be a great idea though in the future maybe.
Lets just hope the LRF servers stay, they are severly under used cars in LFS
#74 - SamH
Yep, Dan, I have to admit a strong affection for them too. I hope I don't come across as mean when I say I'll kill the servers if they're not used. If nobody used them, they wouldn't be missed anyway
They are but there is a reason =P Not everyone can keep the car on the track =P Even I have major issues sometimes. Not saying that they are not fun to drive though. I really enjoy the LX6 once I can keep the rear end planted.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG