The online racing simulator
Good work Sam and Becky. Sounds like a really fun thing. When I have some time I'll be sure to visit. A good one to just dip in and out of
Quote from Davo :I think nothing would empty a server quicker than a bad odd combo. if that wouldnt work then don't midn me.

If more than half of the people dont like the combo, they can just vote to end race.
Just wanted to quickly thank you guys for this server . I just came back after half a year without LFS and had a too short but very pleasent afternoon with the Odd Compo Club!

So: Thx!
Quote from Davo :popular odd combo

frankly that sounds like a oxymoron to me
#30 - Davo
Quote from zeugnimod :If more than half of the people dont like the combo, they can just vote to end race.

Guess that could work, hard to get anyone to agree on anything though.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
/me votes for Herki's sarcastic comments in the middle of a race to be kicked. To vote press 1

edit: tee hee
#32 - SamH
Quote from tristancliffe :/me votes for Herki's sarcastic comments in the middle of a race to be kicked. To vote press 1

alright alright, I already left
Who'd have thought that GTR's at Fern Bay Club Reverse would have been so much fun?

OK a few drivers just didn't get with the program and started with the inneviteable, "If you dont know the combo, slow the hell down" sort of things - but there was also "this combo rocks!" ... and I have to say, I certainly fell into the latter category, even with 15 cars on the track it was a lot of fun... Consistency? Bleh, who needs it ... setup? Likewise... You just need balls of steel and a lot of luck !
Quote from Becky Rose :...You just need balls of steel...

You have balls of steel?
Anyway: the server is rather unpopulated when I want to join. Where did the masses of people go
Quote :You have balls of steel?

Prosthetic ones, yes.
Quote from Becky Rose :Prosthetic ones, yes.

you said you were butch but oh boy this goes beyond my wildest (im scared of how people willl respond to that) dreams (yes dreams i said it)
lol the odd combo, odd compo, odd combo, compo, combo...

It´s good idea
#39 - SamH
Just a little note, for anyone who's interested..
[url="lfs://|UKCT+GTR+Club|0|S2|/"][/url]

The UKCT GTR Club is up and running. It's integrated into the same points system as the Odd Compo Club, but on this server the only thing that rotates is the track. The cars are GTRs, all the time

The response to the Odd Compo Club was initially really positive, but as is always the case, servers need a core bunch of drivers running on there in order to make it stick from day to day. Also, very often the radical change in track and car combination made it difficult to attract drivers for extended sessions of driving. It's true to say that you've got to be an Odd Combo driver in your heart to take most of the changes in combo in your stride!

I will be adding at least one more single-class, track-rotation server soon. I'd like to make it an LX server, but I'm absolutely open to suggestions.
Quote from SamH :I will be adding at least one more single-class, track-rotation server soon. I'd like to make it an LX server, but I'm absolutely open to suggestions.

LRF class server pLz!
LRF server please
Yup, LRF +1
hard to find any public server with that
#43 - Vain
@Herki: Yes, saidly. But watch out for the LFS LeMans-Server. One of the allowed classes is LRF (LRF+FWD+GTR) and it's usually a lot of fun.
Most public LRF servers run pretty boring combos. I usually drive my FZ50 offline.
I'm always considering starting a FZ50-only league so you can drive the really difficult tracks with the boat without caring for balancing problems.

Vain
@SamH, this is fantastic news, since the only car I REALLY want to race is the FZR and the GTR class. Though, I also like the FZ50 racing along side the LX's, so +1 for making an LFR class server as well.

Unfortunately, I'm thinking that the public racers during my timezone are going to be too narrow minded to leave the GTR/Aston National server still to run on this new one. Who knows though . It's really amazing if you start checking people's stats at the GTR/AS3 server and you see people with 3000, 4000, even 5000 laps at just one track/car combo. That's just insane. I don't even race anymore and am now hanging out on the CLC Caribbean server because I'm so sick of Aston National.

Cheers to you for creating the single class Odd Compo server. It would be fantastic if we could end up with every car class represented on it's own rotating server. That would satisfy everyone who races as most have an absolute favorite car but just get tired of seeing it at the same old track.
#45 - SamH
It's up!

(Closed)
#46 - SamH
Quote from mrodgers :@SamH, this is fantastic news, since the only car I REALLY want to race is the FZR and the GTR class.

Gotta admit, I started the GTR Club server because a) GTRs are my fave, and b) I can only take so much AS Nat!
Quote from mrodgers :It would be fantastic if we could end up with every car class represented on it's own rotating server. That would satisfy everyone who races as most have an absolute favorite car but just get tired of seeing it at the same old track.

I agree! We've got two fixed class, track-rotating servers now. There's easily still room on our box for another. I don't expect these servers will be filled much/any of the time and I don't want to rob traffic from other servers.. can't think of anything that would make me descend in the popularity charts faster with other servers.. but I really feel there is at least a bit of a need for them
Excellent idea. Competition breeds creativity.

Now I just got to think of the next big thing for my secondary server...
#48 - Davo
There's just no getting away from it!!!
Attached images
gtras3.png
Hehe =)
rofl...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG