The online racing simulator
Question about a USB flash drive and LFS...
Howdy folks, hope you had a Merry Christmas! I was wondering if there was any possible way to put LFS on a USB Flash Drive? I just got 2 for Christmas (1+2 GB) and I was just curious because I would LOVE to play it at school when I have study hall or any other free time

-Thanks in advanced
Dustin
#2 - JTbo
You just copy it to there?
nope, when i try to copy my lfs it pings (meaning I cant paste)
..2 GB \/..................1 GB \/

edit... hmm your snowman's head doesnt explode
Attached images
u3 2gb.PNG
u3 1gb.PNG
#4 - JTbo
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :nope, when i try to copy my lfs it pings (meaning I cant paste)
..2 GB \/..................1 GB \/

edit... hmm your snowman's head doesnt explode

Oh, but it does explode ;D (well, youtube did cut 2 secs off from end)

How big your lfs folder is then?
Can you copy anything else to there?

It certainly should be possible just by copying whole lfs folder if it is enough small to fit.
Quote from JTbo :How big your lfs folder is then?
Can you copy anything else to there?

It certainly should be possible just by copying whole lfs folder if it is enough small to fit.

No, I cannot copy anything straight to the usb

Ps... lfs is 220 mb, which means I have plenty of space on both my usb's

Pps... I knew it exploded, I thought you uploaded the .gif to the forum
#6 - JTbo
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :No, I cannot copy anything straight to the usb

Ps... lfs is 220 mb, which means I have plenty of space on both my usb's

Pps... I knew it exploded, I thought you uploaded the .gif to the forum

Hmm, maybe your USB stick is then write protected, by software or by switch on stick?
I have never used any software for my usb sticks, just plugged them in and dragged what I want into them.

I don't use animated avatars, they annoy me ;D Bigger snowman
launchpad may be your problem, what type of sticks are they?
Quote from JTbo :hmm, maybe your USB stick is then write protected, by software...

how can I check
#9 - JTbo
Quote from XCNuse :launchpad may be your problem, what type of sticks are they?

Yes, I'm always very suspicious about those kind of software that come with some hardware, typically causes just trouble.
There seem to be launchpad tour, maybe that could reveal how to copy stuff on stick?
hm.. i have a micro cruzer, i can't imagine the game would work off of the card though, and if it did, it would be really slow and would act weird; as for it not letting it copy it over, that is deffinetly due to launchpad, its a sandisk (well.. the sandisk one is obviously) i dont know about the attache, but i know the sandisk doesn't require any software, because my micro cruzer has never needed anything, you should just be able to plug it in, go to my computer, find whatever drive it recognizes it as, and copy and paste the files over

as for the error, is that.. uhh.. hmm, is that what happened when you tried to run it off of one of the drives? if so, i figured thats what will happen, it would melt your drive probably (who was it? jakg showed pictures of his that melted after leaving it in his computer for a while? someone here lol funny stuff) but yea, you'd have to copy and paste the files onto your schools' computers (which ... probably isn't a very good idea)
which one (attachment)
Attached images
u3.png
no idea what the U3 is, but i'd say G

i can't imagine it matters though, aren't both your two drives?
LOL! Try to give them back... say you are to dumb to use them...

Serious, USB-sticks shouldnt need any software to run... plug it in, use it...

There's no point in a USB stick that needs software... it's meant to transfer data from one computer to another... without installing something first.

Software is used to lock USB sticks... encrypt data on it... etc... but that should always be optional.

Also make sure there is no "lock" switch on the stick itself that is making your stick inaccessible (like a hold function on an mp3 player).
ok, after a little research... I found what I think I need

now I just need to know... whrere to find a exe to u3p ???
Attached images
rename.PNG
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis : because...
illepall

I think that you think too much.
Quote from jibber :illepall

I think that you think too much.

:banana: :shhh: :dunce: I would LOVE to play LFS at school
#18 - JTbo
Why you just don't format that damn stick, much easier

I put my lfs to usb stick, loads bit slower but not much (usb 2.0) also as LFS is not badly made big corporation crap it does not require thousands of files to be put on C:\program files and C:\windows folders.

Next problem when you get LFS to usb stick will be then how to use it at school, depending from level of computer department they may have disabled usb ports or locked them out of use, sometimes they are left freely usable too.
I just copy LFS to my USB stick, and do myself a nice little auto-run procedure. LFS runs on plug-in
#20 - Davo
Geez way to complicate matters Sandisk :/

Uninstall whatever programs you installed for the USB stick you don't need them and they are just bloatware. Right click on your USB stick and format it. Then just drag and drop your main LFs folder onto the USB stick. Voila.
#21 - Jakg
U3 is to make files run portably, although it doesnt work well.

Close all that U3 crap (think my Lexar has it - i dont know, i wiped it all of!), just open it up in explorer and copy it the NORMAl way
I use LFS on my memory stick at school (works fine bye the way), except due to firewalls (I think) at school, I am stuck with the demo cars, and can't access multiplayer.

Are there any ways around this?
#23 - Jakg
You can try setting "Port 80 0" to "Port 80 1" in the cfg.txt file, MIGHT let you unlock (although usually doesn't, worth a go tho!)
#24 - Davo
You probbaly have a firewall at school. You'd need a program like proxifer to make the lfs net traffic go on port 80 instead of whatever other port it tries to use. Also depending on if the computers are all exactly the same hardware ud need to unlock each time.
Ok Ill try changing that thing in the cfg.txt file.

Yeah, I think that I would have to use it on the same computer all the time, otherwise I'd run out of unlocks.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG