The online racing simulator
G25 Pedals
(12 posts, started )
G25 Pedals
Is it possible to swap the springs from one pedal to another?

I received my G25 this week, but the brake pedal seems to have a loose element to it. I haven't took the pedals apart so I don't know exactly what the issue is. It clunks when it's near the end of it's travel. It doesn't affect the pot travel by the looks, but it's irritating, and well, it should be smooth.

So I've thought about swapping the clutch for the brake, as I'll hardly be using the clutch, at least not anywhere near as often as the brake. But this means the spring will be the wrong tension.

Alternatively, should I just get a replacement because of such a minor issue with the pedal? I'm sure I might be able to fix it, but opening them up voids the warranty . . .
Quote from dontsimon :...but opening them up voids the warranty . . .

I'd say, there is your answer. It's a new $300 controller and doesn't work correctly or there is a problem? It should work like a $300 new controller, so I'd definitely want to have it replaced with one that works perfectly, no compromising.
I also feel something weird in my clutch pedal, but honestly, I don't notice it while driving (more important things on my head).
And you will probably void your warranty if you open it, but the pedal set is so easy to open up and close that they'll never notice it (as long as you use a brain when opening (they have a surprise for stupid people under the carpet thingy)).
Give Logitech a ring and explain its faulty, they should sort you out. Its not worth voiding the warranty on an expensive product when a phonecall will fix it. I've only had good experiences with them (well, aside from this one guy who couldn't speak 3 words of english..).

Of course, if you do want to open them, as long as your careful not to mess the screws up there's no visible sign of it. I had mine open to tighten a loose pivot bolt.
Well I've had a much closer look, and it seems that the red spring assembly on the brake is slightly loose at the pivot point inside the unit. Nothing that affects the performance of the pedal.

I became a whizz at opening and repairing my DFP pedals, so I'm reasonably confident I could fix it. But I read somewhere that the screws strip something off which shows that they have been opened. Although, I doubt Logi would ask for the whole unit, then inspect it, before agreeing to send out a replacement.

Quote from Rtsbasic :I had mine open to tighten a loose pivot bolt.

This sounds like the problem I have. What exactly did this fix involve??
Quote from mikey_G :(they have a surprise for stupid people under the carpet thingy)

I am stupid. What is this surprise??
If the screw's black, you open it up, the screw will get damaged because it's just sprayed black... That's the security, so if you're REALLY carefull...

Maybe the G25 screws have something more about it, but that's the general thing.

Quote from Dontsimon :I am stupid. What is this surprise??

A screw you
Black scews can be removed without any visible sign..if you use a good quality driver that fits nicely, and take your time.

There's a bolt that runs the width of the pedal assembly, that holds it all together at the front, its a shoulder one that rides on bushings. That was loose on my throttle pedal, allowing a bit of side to side play. Giving it a quick turn fixed it up nicely. The other two pedals were already sufficently tight so I didn't touch them.

Logitech's standard policy on warranty stuff seems to be you have to send the connector plugs off the faulty unit to them when the new unit arrives. Works well, they know your not pulling a fast one to resell the new one, and you save the cost of sending the whole 10KG unit back.
#9 - lyd
Quote from Rtsbasic :Logitech's standard policy on warranty stuff seems to be you have to send the connector plugs off the faulty unit to them when the new unit arrives. Works well, they know your not pulling a fast one to resell the new one, and you save the cost of sending the whole 10KG unit back.

Not any more, at least based on the experience of a friend of mine who is currently going through the RMA process. He was first told that a new unit would be shipped right away, and that he should send the old unit back "when he got a chance." The rep really didn't make a a big deal about it. But then, a couple of days later, the same guy actually called him back to tell him that the replacement would not be sent until he first returned his unit.

*shrug* FWIW.

lyd
Hey it's coming up for X-Mas, the Logicrap warehouse is going to be running constant so you might find is you phone up and say the wheel is faulty they'll just send another one out straight away. A few people done this with the DFP after they got theres and never had to send anything back.

Btw, if you want help on changing the springs around (Clutch to brake) "Sidi" from Merc has done it as he didn't like the stronger brake pedal, i'm sure he could give you some help if you needed it.

Even better fix, use the Clutch pedal as your brake.
Quote from Turbo Dad :Is it a cluck your hearing / feeling ?
is is right at the limit of travel ?

Yes, at about 95% travel, there is a clunk, hearing and feeling it. I'm fairly sure it's the red spring assembly. In fact I can see it 'jump' when I push the pedal down with my hand.

Tricky one, because it isn't defective enough to warrant needing a replacement really, just irritating.

G25 Pedals
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG