The online racing simulator
What engine sound is better?
(66 posts, started )

Poll : What engine sound is better?

New engine sound (U32)
Old engine sound (P-U)
#1 - Zonda
What engine sound is better? Old Sound or New Sound.
last night driving fox i would have said u32 but i tired a few others this morning and i wasn't so convinced
New sound is an improvement... But still not as it should. Too bad the sound can't keep up with the amazing psychics and graphics of LFS.

Voted U32.
i have not voted , im not sure about engine sound. Where all the trebles ve gone ?? It sounds to me like this sound was filtered with some low pass filter with high slope factor like 24db or more...... change to 8 and it should sound better.
Anyway , i can hear some high noise - is it a drivetrain ?
#5 - DC2
i don´t like the new sounds... don´t know why... they all similar to each other so it is a little bit sad
so i voted for old sounds
#6 - aoun
No good... the MRT5 sounds like a vacum cleaner!!
And the point is...?

We can comment in-depth in the test patch thread what and how we feel and hear the new sounds. The outcome of this vote doesn't provide us anything usable. If the old sounds "win" we use them? I hope not. The new sounds need a lot work. Atm. it is like nk pro. Lot's of ideas but the outcome isn't what it should be.

And better keep all the suggestions about the sounds in the test patch thread
Since the U32 sounds are uncompleted testsounds. I don't want to compare them with earlier versions of the soundsystem.

For me it's like comparing a chassis of a new supercar with an existing ferrari.

So no vote from me this time.
Can you please set a link here to download U32 version

Please I can find it
#10 - aoun
Quote from Haikoe :Since the U32 sounds are uncompleted testsounds. I don't want to compare them with earlier versions of the soundsystem.

For me it's like comparing a chassis of a new supercar with an existing ferrari.

So no vote from me this time.

OHHHHH they are uncompleted? Then why we voting? lol i thought they were done! .
Oh for **** sake! It's a TEST PATCH! Obviously a WIP, and there is gear whine added which is a step in the right direction in bigger scale. I refuse to vote in this idiotic pool, read Scawen's post from this morning and you can tell he knows it's not right and won't leave it as it is. Grrrh... some people...
Quote from Blackout :Oh for **** sake! It's a TEST PATCH! Obviously a WIP, and there is gear whine added which is a step in the right direction in bigger scale. I refuse to vote in this idiotic pool, read Scawen's post from this morning and you can tell he knows it's not right and won't leave it as it is. Grrrh... some people...

You tolking to me?
Sorry that I was a noob
I'm downloading it now
Thanks!
Quote from N I K I :You tolking to me?

LMAO!

I'm not voting either. The new sounds have (much discussed) good and bad points. Some cars I like, some I don't. I don't think the sounds will stay as they are for too long anyway.
I really like the new Sounds, sure they need a lot of work but it's definitely a Step in the Right Direction.

*Votes for U32*
i voted u32, but the single seaters and gtrs sound ike they are straight from star wars. and i feel like the mrt is now moon buggy. but love the lx`s just i think the others are a bit to motorised if you get me.
I'd say if people can't find the test patches, they probably shouldn't be using them.

When you enter the test patch forum you're told the status of the patches. Like any software, if you want to try the latest in return for putting up with the occasional setbacks of development then run the patches. If you don't, don't.

The test patch thread has more than enough people stating their views and the feedback on the sounds has been given and acknowledged. Is there anything else to say until the next patch is out?
Sound are more realistc now, I like them. I think I'll need the time to get used to it but still I think they are bether now. I hope they'll stay like this and got eaven more realistc
Well, they are more an improvement to the sound system than really to sound itself (still better though) and I quite like the sound of some cars better than the old ones... So U32 for me...
-
(Peter Oey) DELETED by Peter Oey
Quote from Peter Oey :Anyone knows how to keep the good from 32 and if it is possible to use/reinstall the old sounds only?

Nope.
Quote from Peter Oey :Old sound arent good, the new sounds are worse. Skid/tyre sounds are gone.
All cars have almost same sound and effects. Car volume to loud even if slider set to lowest position. But rest of Patch32 is great.

Anyone knows how to keep the good from 32 and if tis possible to use/reinstall the old sounds only?

Copy sound files from the old over to the new sound map of U32 ?
Quote from GianniC :Copy sound files from the old over to the new sound map of U32 ?

No.
Generally the new sound is an improvement except the new engine sound. Maybe take the old engine sound, and simply add the new stuff (gear whine etc.)
Of course everyone has tried doing the vob-file thing to the engine files

(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG