The online racing simulator
Quote from Skytrill :Hello, i had a geforce mx440 (cheap card) and i had obviously a low framerate.. i just buyed a radeon x800 pro card but.. it didn't improved alot.. with more than five car on the circuit it's almost indrivable because the framerate is too low.. even with every effects off including the mirror lod.. with other games my graphics seem fine so i wonder what i should do now. i have direct x 9.0c and the lastest driver installed, my board is a p4s8x-mx 2.4ghz. the game should run fine from the thoughts of my friends but it doesn'T.. please help i love this game!!
thanks!

Maybe your Hardware Vertex Shading option is set to "OFF" or "NO" because of your old card.

Have a look in your card_cfg.txt file and see if the "Use HVS" oprion is 0 or 1.

Sorry if this was mentioned already, i haven't studied the whole thread.
AA and AF should not lower your FPS with a X800 Graphic Card.

I have a 3000+ AMD, 1 Gig Ram, Ati X800Pro. I played without AA and AF because i didn't want to change it all the time for other games. But as I recognized that I don't play anything else than LfS I set AA to 4x and AF to 8x. The FPS didn't change. FPS are still at 60-70 when racing with 20 other cars.

AA and AF is a graphic-card feature and doesn't need CPU-Speed. (Correct me if I'm wrong).
Quote :I guess YOU are an ancient museum peice, with you being 40 years old and all..

Im running S2 on a amd 2200+ and get about 40 fps, so i dont think its his pc at all, just a conflict somewhere.

I'm 19 years younger than my Dad, so I'm not that old.

Considering the hike in performance with every new CPU and his being 4 generations out of date...
the problem there is your cpu. you can upgrade it or try to change gfx options in lfs, specially LOD sliders.
The problem isn't his cpu since i have the exact same one with the same amount of ram and only a 9600pro and i get a good framerate with high graphics. As someone said though, are you talking about 5 AIs? If so then ye AIs make LFS run really slow you should race online .
#31 - Woz
Is your cpu a true P4 or a crappy celeron?

If its a celeron that is your issue. As a test to see if you gfx card or cpu is the issue try the following.

1) Run at a low resolution and note the frame rate.
2) Push the resolution and AA/AF up loads and note the frame rate.

If both give the same results its your CPU otherwise its a gfx card issue.
Seems like a strange problem. If the problem is driver related you should do this:

1. http://www.drivercleaner.net/d ... mp;file=DCProSetup_12.zip Driver cleanr. Remove all ATI and nVidia drivers.
2. Redownload the latest driver:
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/5-8_xp-2k_dd_cp_wdm_25203.exe Old control panel
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/5- ... _dd_ccc_wdm_enu_25203.exe New control panel (requires .NET)
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/5-8_xp-2k_dd_25203.exe Just the drivers nothing else
3. Install the drivers

Incase it isnt the drivers it is very possible it is the CPU. As someone mentioned it could be that something is using much of the cpu power in the background. Try running ad-aware which is a spyware/adware removal program. http://www.download.com/Ad-Awa ... &subj=dl&tag=top5

Also what Scawen said is a very promising lead.
Make sure your chipset, CPU, and AGP (or PCI-E) drivers on your Mobo disk are installed. Make sure you card isn't overheating, etc. Maybe a fresh windows install could solve the problem.
I'm actually kinda doubting it's his CPU, I have a P4 2.8 GHz, 1024MB RAM, and a Radeon 9550 256MB. I've got my framerate limited to 100FPS, and I'm pretty much always running against the FPS limiter, even with a full A.I. grid at the start, I still get 45-50 FPS. This sounds like a stupid solution, but make sure that hardware acceleration is turned to full in your display settings, a friend of mine had something like that, he and I tried all the "technical" solutions before going, "duh, hardware acceleration is off." Hope that helps, over and out.
-Ryan
Hè, this remembers me of something! Sound! Only use headphones and when my soundcard died a year ago I replaced it with a cheap 10 euro thing. This thing put a heavy load on my CPU! Just what we are talking about. Could not imagine why al those new games were so slow till I replaced the soundcard with a better one.
Check out your PSU. I've used a generic psu for a while. Now I bought an Enermax PSU and my fps are way better, twice better.
It's strange, i have exactly the same problem.
Alone, i have 145fps, then when i add IA or i play online with more some other cars, it drops down to 30~40fps.
Skytrill did you fix it?
I'll try Scaven tip tonight.
I re-install XP, but the problem remains.
I did some tweaks, now i have 160fps in hotlap and ~50fps with fullgrid.
My system: MB ASRock AX8-M, Athlon 64 3000+@1.9Ghz, 1Go Corsair PC4400, Radeon X800Pro. Maybe my problem is coming from the motherboard, not an nforce one. I don't think it's the cpu or the gpu.
As i have a french version of LFS S2, and i was watching all menus but i didn't see where is 'car simple' option, could someone help me?
Quote from Squale971 :I re-install XP, but the problem remains.
I did some tweaks, now i have 160fps in hotlap and ~50fps with fullgrid.
My system: MB ASRock AX8-M, Athlon 64 3000+@1.9Ghz, 1Go Corsair PC4400, Radeon X800Pro. Maybe my problem is coming from the motherboard, not an nforce one. I don't think it's the cpu or the gpu.
As i have a french version of LFS S2, and i was watching all menus but i didn't see where is 'car simple' option, could someone help me?

Send me your cfg.txt (Crazyikmail@gmail.com) or post on forum.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG