The online racing simulator
X800 pro at 15 fps with graphic at lowest! Help pls!!
Hello, i had a geforce mx440 (cheap card) and i had obviously a low framerate.. i just buyed a radeon x800 pro card but.. it didn't improved alot.. with more than five car on the circuit it's almost indrivable because the framerate is too low.. even with every effects off including the mirror lod.. with other games my graphics seem fine so i wonder what i should do now. i have direct x 9.0c and the lastest driver installed, my board is a p4s8x-mx 2.4ghz. the game should run fine from the thoughts of my friends but it doesn'T.. please help i love this game!!
thanks!
how much memory do u have?
Check your drivers, makes sure the NVIDIA ones are uninstalled.
i have 512 of ram. and yes my nvidia drivers are uninstalled!
my friend got a x800gt and got 92fps so there must be something wrong with mine 15 fps.
Torn off simple cars in the options. You get low fps in combination with hardware vertex shading.
How about the via-4-in-1 drivers, guys? Might that solve it for him? .. that's related to ATi stuff, right?

Edit: how does the other games run?
Those are Via drivers. But of course this can be a driver problem.
very odd, your system should be fine. What screen res you running? I presume you've tried all the in-game graphics quality options?
I'm running a P4 2.5 GHz with ONBOARD 8 MB graphics and 512 MB Ram. I am also running 15 FPS with incar view.
So, I'd say you have a problem with your GFX Card or it is our processor speeds. Question, what operating system are you running? I'm using Win98SE and if I multitask while in a server on LFS, ie I shift-F4 and jump in a browser to look something up, LFS locks up for me. It is a directX (9.0c) error. After end tasking LFS and a directX file, I can reopen LFS and double my frame rate. But I am only running onboard graphics, so I'd say you have a driver problem or something with your graphics.
hi, i tried the simple car option again but still in the 14-18 fps range.My screen resolution is 1024x768.. but i tried lower resolution as well and it didn't help. i effectivelly tried all graphic option combination wasting lots of time but the problem is still there. what is the "via-4-in-1 drivers"? to answer your questions the other games are running fine such like hl2 and grand prix 4.
i'm using windows xp pro as OS.
Maybe a good idea is to delete your gfx.cfg file in the root of your LFS directory, I had problems going from a FX5200 to a FX5400 and doing this solved my problems.
i have reinstalled the game at least 2 times since i have my new card
I feel like this is going round in circles a bit...did you make sure your old drivers were totally uninstalled before you put the new card in?
as far as i remember.. yes. something sure they are not installed anymore.. i'll just reinstall xp i guess.. thanks for your helps guys i appreciate it
do you have a framerate problem with other games?
Reboot to "safe mode", F8 I think if you can in XP to check for old drivers. Go to your device manager and check for installed video drivers there. If there are any, then uninstall them now in safe mode in the device manager, then reboot and reinstall.

Sorry if this is how you already did this. But booting in "safe mode" will show any and all drivers installed, not just the current ones the system is using.
Quote from Skytrill :my board is a p4s8x-mx 2.4ghz. the game should run fine from the thoughts of my friends but it doesn'T.. please help i love this game!!
thanks!

Throw your museum piece in the bin. Buy new PC...
Museum peice? Er, its only 3 years old.

I guess YOU are an ancient museum peice, with you being 40 years old and all..

Im running S2 on a amd 2200+ and get about 40 fps, so i dont think its his pc at all, just a conflict somewhere.
Quote from Seahorse :Throw your museum piece in the bin. Buy new PC...

i just bought that card you fat pc geek
i had a bit of truble sound simular to you problem
all i did was CTRL+ ALT+ DELT and chueck if any other programs are using you CPU if so end them see if that works :P brought my fps from 20-100 :P
are you running AA or AF? maybe if these are too high then the card just cant take it....

my system is slightly worse than yours with a7n8x board, 2ghz athlon xp and radeon 9800pro .. i run the game at 4aa and 8af... so your card should whoop mine.......

think a fresh windows reinstall is always good once in a while... i do it twice a year to get rid of any files other programs left behind.....

also are you having problems with any other games?

mad
Quote from scottyegg :i had a bit of truble sound simular to you problem
all i did was CTRL+ ALT+ DELT and chueck if any other programs are using you CPU if so end them see if that works :P brought my fps from 20-100 :P

Search some Papyrus NR2003 forums for the program EndItAll. It will give you a list of everything running in the background of Windows. You can lock stuff you don't want to close and clicking end in the program will close everything that isn't locked. Great program if you don't clean up all the stupid autorun stuff in windows. Me, the only thing I have running is explorer, LFS, LSFPitspotter, and my dialup. Man I love Win98SE, XP sucks.
Quote from Madman_CZ :my system is slightly worse than yours with a7n8x board, 2ghz athlon xp and radeon 9800pro .. i run the game at 4aa and 8af... so your card should whoop mine.......

But the CPU power will be far more significant than the vid card - I had an old system like yours, now upgraded to a 3.2 CPU, my vid card is actually worse than yours and frame rate went from about 20 to 60 now.
If your CPU is capable of HyperThreading, try disabling it in the BIOS and see if it makes any difference. Also, are those "5 cars" AI drivers or online? If you get better fps online then it's clearly your cpu. Pentiums seem to really suck at LFS.
when i had a P4 2.0 and a geforce4mx440... i upgraded to a 6600Gt and got exactly no FPS benefit.. the old mx440 isn't as bad as you think in LFS.

i then upgraded to a p4 3.2 and instantly got a massive improvement..

end result, even if you only have 1 bottleneck in the system it will drag down your performance.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG