The online racing simulator
Quote from traxxion :Hummm never noticed this rule before.. but since the first race is coming saturday already I won't complain
Could you please explain what you mean with "stop for fuel" though? 1% refueling will do?

the least amount of fuel you can fill up with is 5%
you have to actual stop in the pit bay you cant just do a drive through, I hope thats clear
Quote from Arrow. :the least amount of fuel you can fill up with is 5%
you have to actual stop in the pit bay you can just do a drive through, I hope thats clear

i think you mean cant just drive through
Quote from Arrow. :the least amount of fuel you can fill up with is 5%

Not completely true
with = to
ok, let me make it simple
you must stop in the pit bay
between lap 5-45
Quote from Arrow. :you must stop for fuel

Huh? So I HAVE TO refuel at the pitstop? illepall How´s that going to work? In LFS you can´t just add x% of fuel. You have to set how much you want in the tank in total. And since I´m not sure on which lap I´ll pit, I´ll have to calculate the amount of fuel needed and set on F12 menu mid-race? Besides how are you gonna check it? You can´t see what work has been done on other cars. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant. I hope so.

I personally think forced pitstop is a stupid idea but I´ll get flamed for that soon so I´ll shut up.
Quote from Kalev EST :Huh? So I HAVE TO refuel at the pitstop? illepall How´s that going to work? In LFS you can´t just add 5% of fuel. You have to set how much you want in the tank in total. And since I´m not sure on which lap I´ll pit, I´ll have to calculate the amount of fuel needed and set on F12 menu mid-race?

How about a test run before the race to decide a strategy?

Quote from Kalev EST :I personally think forced pitstop is a stupid idea but I´ll get flamed for that soon so I´ll shut up.

Won't get any flaming from me, I thoroughly agree and I'm glad you mention it
i think u guys are making a big deal out of nothing, just fill the car with as much fuel as you think you will need and set the pit stop to 5% then when it stops it will only repair damage and not add any fuel but you have stopped
Quote from andybarsblade :i think u guys are making a big deal out of nothing, just fill the car with as much fuel as you think you will need and set the pit stop to 5% then when it stops it will only repair damage and not add any fuel but you have stopped

Yeah, but then I haven´t "stopped for fuel" as it says in the rules. I always play by the rules.

Arrow, imho just change "must stop for fuel" to "must make a pitstop" or something and there will be no confusion. There´s no way of checking if people have added fuel or not anyway.
well when u pitstop you must fuel up another 5% anyway
Quote from Arrow. :well when u pitstop you must fuel up another 5% anyway

You don´t. As I said, in LFS you can´t set how much fuel you want to add, instead you set how much fuel you want in the tank after the pitstop. So if you have more than 5% in the tank before the pitstop it won´t add more fuel.
Quote from Arrow. :well when u pitstop you must fuel up another 5% anyway

nope, if you already have say 7% in your tank it wont add any, if you had it set to fill to 10% and you stopped with 7 it will add the 3% needed to reach 10% ..... aghhhh my head hurts now
Dont you just love it when 1 simple comment causes half a dozen posts just to clarify something

Im pretty sure the rule stands that you must make what LFS classifies as a pit stop, im guessing 'Must Pit' is on, so each driver will have to stop and wait while the pitstop is carried out doing whatever you ask it to do (oh, plus those insignificant damage repairs that take 2hrs just to knock out a dent on the fender!) and then your pit stop is complete.

Unless the rule stands as 'MUST add >5% during the pit-stop' which would be impossible to regulate, im fairly confident that that its just a case of 'Must Pit' being enabled.
Quote from PaulC2K :Dont you just love it when 1 simple comment causes half a dozen posts just to clarify something

Im pretty sure the rule stands that you must make what LFS classifies as a pit stop, im guessing 'Must Pit' is on, so each driver will have to stop and wait while the pitstop is carried out doing whatever you ask it to do (oh, plus those insignificant damage repairs that take 2hrs just to knock out a dent on the fender!) and then your pit stop is complete.

Unless the rule stands as 'MUST add >5% during the pit-stop' which would be impossible to regulate, im fairly confident that that its just a case of 'Must Pit' being enabled.

what he said
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG