The online racing simulator
Which team has the best skins?
(112 posts, started )
#26 - Gunn
What do you expect Zorer? People are trying to emulate racing, therefore the skins are similar to real life. There are many many great skins made by our community, and many are better than most real liveries. I know people in our community who have been approached to make real liveries. Many real liveries are just created by sign writing companies, no special skill involved.
Question is : "Which team has the best skins?"

My answer is : None of them.
I like Cyber-racing skins
Quote from ZORER :Question is : "Which team has the best skins?"

So they are all equally bad?

None is less bad than the other?
Quote from teaz-R :Can't say I don't like the team MG look, but as a teamskin I don't like it since it's pretty much a copy of a real life livery.
Team400 skins are/were very nice although they too are roughly based on real life liveries.
Using real life companies to base the designs (let alone teams) for me is a no go, although coming up with something totally new is very hard.

This work on Allian skins by Linsen is simply perfect:
http://gotchaworldgotik.free.f ... /3D_Garage_ESL_Allian.jpg

That one has my vote, I saw one of those on track and was stunned at how detailed they were.
im going to have to say, besides my team evo concept skins, i do agree with teazr, i really do like the allian skins
Yeah i came back a month or 2 ago thats a different subject tho

I find the OSR FZR skin is quite nice, been making them a website and fiddling with their FZR render and i quite like it

Fusion skins are nice and lively

And this is a sexy number!
I was thinking about this yesterday strangely enough, and I think that the allian skins are far and away the best that I have seen. I do however like the cyber and 1st skins very much too, and they haven't put any sponsors* on the cars either which deserves extra credit.

*1st may have one real sponsor on there but that makes sense.

Josh
I think the n1 skins are best, but obviously i'm biased, so allian's get my vote!
Quote from joshdifabio :*1st may have one real sponsor on there but that makes sense.Josh

Actually we have two real sponsors on there, but I think it still makes sense

Skins were designed by TeazR by the way.
#36 - JJ72
I am sure there are many team skins with better design and quality, however I think ours has something unique. So a shameless plug here haha.

Personally I think the skin from Southern Cross Racing (SCR) is the best, right from the S1 days. I don't have any copy of those with me anymore though, anyone still has it?
Attached images
VIEWER_S2 2006-11-26 23-32-11-34.jpg
VIEWER_S2 2006-11-26 23-31-32-90.jpg
VIEWER_S2 2006-11-26 23-32-30-00.jpg
VIEWER_S2 2006-11-26 23-33-16-35.jpg
i like Merc's, and the fusion skins.
Quote from JJ72 :Personally I think the skin from Southern Cross Racing (SCR) is the best, right from the S1 days. I don't have any copy of those with me anymore though, anyone still has it?

Their skins are my personal favourites as well. Amazing how well they fit every single car.

You can find them here: http://www.southerncrossracing.com/skins.php
Quote from Tweaker :Yeah well you made the Fusion ones Besides that, I've always loved black and a 'neon' green accent... and I like Fusion's skins because of that I did also like Team 400's skins, and some of n1's. There is one team I am trying to remember though, I forget the name, but the design was just amazing.

I didn't design Fusion's skins, I just did them a BF1 to match their great design.
I did the n1 skins
I have to say I am also a big fan of Grey Fox's Ice wolf team skins, he's a great skinner, sadly not so active on this forum so much these days.
I thought, that would have been too biased.

But of course, they are by FAR the best.
Quote from ZORER :Question is : "Which team has the best skins?"

Then you haven't seen Pink not Gay skins
No gallery to show them though, only a small sample on our homepage (link in signature)
Wow thats pink! Maybe that would go with my pink shirts...
I'm loving the pink
I really like our Teamskins, of course there are better Skins out there but the yellow stands out nicely.

Pic
Pic 2
Quote from maczo :Then you haven't seen Pink not Gay skins
No gallery to show them though, only a small sample on our homepage (link in signature)

Yea that 's pretty simple nice design. Simple and neat. No aggressive contrasts and shapes. Imo, bigger organic shapes could be used like the one on the door instead of the pink parts on the bumper etc...

+1
why did u bother posting then zorer?
yeah im a big fan of the green on black colours... so its fusion and MG for me
fusion still wins though, hahah
:bannana_g lol.. its a banana i never noticed that before.. oh yeah, and i never noticed this untill tweaker used racecar alot... racecar is racecar backwards
Quote from ZORER :Yea that 's pretty simple nice design. Simple and neat. No aggressive contrasts and shapes. Imo, bigger organic shapes could be used like the one on the door instead of the pink parts on the bumper etc...

+1

I dunno about you, but neon pink and black are pretty much highly contrasted against each other.

Show us some of your skins, or paintjobs that you prefer. I don't see how a 'simple' skin can be so beautiful when it comes to using one on a racecar.
#49 - JJ72
I always think if you classify yourself as being design sensitive, you instinctively express yourself by image, not words.
Quote from Tweaker :I dunno about you, but neon pink and black are pretty much highly contrasted against each other.

Show us some of your skins, or paintjobs that you prefer. I don't see how a 'simple' skin can be so beautiful when it comes to using one on a racecar.

Pink and black are contrast.But pink is not a "warning" color like red or yellow or bright green.it is not the same as those colors when used with black.

And the shapes are neat so they don't scramble my eyes. if it were real life cars, the resolution is infinite so you can use as many things as you like on the car skin. But if you're limited to a 1024x1024 bitmap, those things start to disturb you.

Which team has the best skins?
(112 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG