The online racing simulator
Which team has the best skins?
(112 posts, started )
I would make a poll, but there is so many teams it would not be wise!
Just interested, I like MG Skins sorry.... just do
#2 - th84
I have always liked the artist's formely known as ITEK's skin's myself.

RMR (Rhein Main Racer) also have a kick-ass skinner who has a couple of really nice looking skin's.

BTW, Welcome back to the forum's. Glad to see you had a change of heart.?.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I always thought n1's looked good.
#4 - Jakg
keen on the MG skins, but the UKCT skins are quite nice!
There are alot of damn sexy skins out there ATM, but the new ones which were made for the 400 team back in the day were so damn sexy (Unfortunetely the team hit that rough patch before they were finished)

The new skins were designed my Pwrslave, who is one talented skinner and it's allways nice to see what he has next online.
hm ..not a team anymore, we broke up just a week or two ago, but here was my design for team evolution
actually this skin never went public or.. anywhere besides my hard drive lol so i guess this makes it a pretty kept under wraps skin

i think i like the FV8's version more though
I love the UKCT skins, the design is Amazing. The MG ones are simplistic and work well for their intended use, and Mercury skins are pretty good looking, along with dSRC skins.
hahaha, hell yeah
Quote from Bawbag :There are alot of damn sexy skins out there ATM, but the new ones which were made for the 400 team back in the day were so damn sexy (Unfortunately the team hit that rough patch before they were finished)

The new skins were designed my Pwrslave, who is one talented skinner and it's allways nice to see what he has next online.

Yes i agree there where the best skins design i have seen upto know but also love the merc's dtm & MoE skin designs are very nice
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis : not my team anymore, erase my spam :)
Quote from XCNuse :hm ..not a team anymore, we broke up just a week or two ago, but here was my design for team evolution
actually this skin never went public or.. anywhere besides my hard drive lol so i guess this makes it a pretty kept under wraps skin

i think i like the FV8's version more though
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/XCNuse/d9721d99.jpg

Nuse: Lance sent me that skin, I loved them, they were ****ing lovely to look at.
i kinda wish we got off our feet.. especially for being one of the few teams to have actual sponsors..
owell..
thats a really great bf skin you have there. I nust say n1 snd fusion skins are some of my favourites though.
Quote from al heeley :thats a really great bf skin you have there. I nust say n1 snd fusion skins are some of my favourites though.

Yeah well you made the Fusion ones Besides that, I've always loved black and a 'neon' green accent... and I like Fusion's skins because of that I did also like Team 400's skins, and some of n1's. There is one team I am trying to remember though, I forget the name, but the design was just amazing.
Quote from Bawbag :There are alot of damn sexy skins out there ATM, but the new ones which were made for the 400 team back in the day were so damn sexy (Unfortunetely the team hit that rough patch before they were finished)

Yea, I miss the good old Team 400 too m8 But sometimes i wish i had more of a "driving" tallent than the skining one
Now for the skins, there are certanly good ones out there. Personaly i like the 4Ignition racing ones.
I love the n1 skins, they were the main inspiration for my personal skin. The ATC skins are my favorite at the moment though, and have been for some time. The green and red part is a great design, and the large white portion gives it a clean, sexy look.
Fusion and (iirc the skin) mercury's are good skins.

I feel i should say MG to but im biased lol.
Can't say I don't like the team MG look, but as a teamskin I don't like it since it's pretty much a copy of a real life livery.
Team400 skins are/were very nice although they too are roughly based on real life liveries.
Using real life companies to base the designs (let alone teams) for me is a no go, although coming up with something totally new is very hard.

This work on Allian skins by Linsen is simply perfect:
http://gotchaworldgotik.free.f ... /3D_Garage_ESL_Allian.jpg
#19 - Jakg
i won't vote for any team because they seem to have all the same skins just changed colors. Nobody likes simple designs.They are all the same. High contrast colours, lots of lots of decals, millions of logos, complicated and badly designed lines....(there are some nice ones in my skins_x folder but i don't see them around much)

Skins should be made by real designers, not by anyone who knows how to use photoshop.

sorry guys.
Quote from ZORER :i won't vote for any team because they seem to have all the same skins just changed colors. Nobody likes simple designs.They are all the same. High contrast colours, lots of lots of decals, millions of logos, complicated and badly designed lines....(there are some nice ones in my skins_x folder but i don't see them around much)

Skins should be made by real designers, not by anyone who knows how to use photoshop.

sorry guys.

And as if real race cars have any better designs than we do? illepall Some of these skinners could probably make a living out of skinning a real racecar, they know how-to wrap things nicely, and it isn't just about decals and changing colors, it is the use of space. Many good skinners seem to know how-to do that for team skins, and they want a cool looking car. If you personally like "simple" skins, that's just your own taste. To me, a racecar needs to look like a proper racecar with an interesting livery and enough decals to top it off (not too little, nor too much). There are many teams that have a unique look, and most are really nicely done. And no team has the same skin just with "changed colors", that's absurd.
Cyber for me.
I like Fusion & MG
Mmmmm (btw ignore the tyre sidewalls lol)
Attached images
MGRenderr.jpg
Quote from Tweaker :And as if real race cars have any better designs than we do? illepall Some of these skinners could probably make a living out of skinning a real racecar, they know how-to wrap things nicely, and it isn't just about decals and changing colors, it is the use of space. Many good skinners seem to know how-to do that for team skins, and they want a cool looking car. If you personally like "simple" skins, that's just your own taste. To me, a racecar needs to look like a proper racecar with an interesting livery and enough decals to top it off (not too little, nor too much). There are many teams that have a unique look, and most are really nicely done. And no team has the same skin just with "changed colors", that's absurd.

That's your opinion.illepall
And real race cars have to have logos and things on because they make money out of that. No team would like to have some others logo on their car if they didn't get money out of that.
And yes many many of lfs teams have the basic skin style just like each other, lines lines lines and logos logos logos...

(112 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG