The online racing simulator
#1 - axus
Race 2 - Server crash and post-race discussion

Here we go again. This was 5 laps in which means that the race for Aston North for the Saturday division is rescheduled for the 10th of February 2007. I'll edit the events schedule to reflect this tomorrow.

I'll ask James to do his best in finding out the source of the crash from 500 servers, but I fear that I may be the cause thanks to my horrible connection. I had no problems tonight though.

Again, sorry for this farce guys. I'm really furious with these server problems.
As far as I can tell from examining the server panel and any relevant log info I can find, there seems to have been no mention of a problem with the server at all. No idea what caused that one... very strange. Sorry about that guys.
You'd be most welcome to try the NASSA server. Maybe you can try a practice and see if it preforms good.
Axus why would you be the problem? If it was you i think you'd just ping out. All okay from me. Only bad taste is that i was leading the race with a 3 sec advantage
Quote from AtomAnt :You'd be most welcome to try the NASSA server. Maybe you can try a practice and see if it preforms good.

Well, NASSA server is also hosted by 500 Servers, so I doubt there'd be much difference - but thanks for the offer. Will try and find out what the issue was.
I just looked at the server now, I cant see anything that would explain a server crash. Did everybody disconnect from the server? did the server reset to to the default configuration? any information you can get me would be great. any error messages at all?

Thanks.
Hmm, nobody pitted, nobody connected...i just saw hows green line was going longer and longer then disconnected.
EDIT: Have just recieved word that there was a Mass problem at around 5 i believe it was and am now trying to get more information from my provider.

I can confirm for you guys that this time it WAS a server fault and im looking into it right now.

My appolagies to everybody for this.
Bleh, Its semi lucky for me, seeing race start, was my 6th lap there :S, and on that lap I went from 13th to 5th.
Quote from franky500 :EDIT: Have just recieved word that there was a Mass problem at around 5 i believe it was and am now trying to get more information from my provider.

I can confirm for you guys that this time it WAS a server fault and im looking into it right now.

My appolagies to everybody for this.

Thanks for the Update Franky. Give 'em hell.
Was very lucky for me actually.

Was going along well holding reasonable position, when out of the corner of my eye I saw a white blob outside. I glanced to the side and outside my window was the Purolator truck which had my G25! Thoughts raced through my head... What do I do? Ignore it and go a day or two without? Pull off to the side on the grass and go sign? ARGH, so I pulled over and lost all my positions. I ran to the door only to see the truck pulling away (who knows how long he'd been, and I had headphones on). As I stood jumping and waving my arms like a fool (could not run after truck since 2 yr old was in the house), I noted my wife parked the wrong way 1 house west... She had pulled up just as the driver was going back to his truck, so she signed for it.... I came back and began racing, grumbling about the BAD timing, considering I was told 1hr earlier on the phone that I could pick it up at the depot since it was not delivered yesterday as planned. Did a couple of laps and POW, lost connection... Thought it was just me, so I grumbled a bit. Then I thought to reconnect just to see if it was a repeat of the first Tuesday race... And luckily it was.

Weird morning

LOVE THE WHEEL THOUGH!!! :
Ok Turns out it was the new server status graphs caused a massive spike in CPU Usage on the server. I am sorry that 2 races have been ended for you guys. I dont know if the first one was related in any way.

Once again i am sorry for the problems this will have caused you. and anybody else. Unfortunatly this is also going to mean a delay on getting the last 24 hours history graphs online while i see if there is anything i can do.
Ok seems the same random loss of connection happened a few times after i had switched off the 24-hour graphs, While trying to find the cause of it i experienced the disconnection myself and went to check thhat the graphs were not running,. They were not,

I have since been in contact with my provider several times, Each time trying harder and harder to get them to look into it more, Finally they gave in. Apparently other people have been having the same problems and they have found a fault in the connection from a router to their core switch which connects to the internet. They have since replaced the connection and say that all should be fine. If you do still get any problems please let me know A.S.A.P
Thanks very much Dean, much appreciated

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG