The online racing simulator
Do you people play with music?
(87 posts, started )
can't stand the noise lfs makes anymore. loud music is the right medicine for this.
for most of the time i listen music while im driving, helps me to concentrate, tho for league races i turn it off. Most of the times its as loud as cars engine if not abit more
It's an interesting question i think, cuz i always listen music when i drive car in real life. I can't drive without music, but when i race nearly never.
Some time ago, if i remember well, it was on summer, i was participated in an oval event, and i turned on music, cuz it was a little bit boring to me.
i usually play my drum set with music on
i play better with it on and i like to have some other type of sound like guitar etc. going along
Quote from danowat :Nope, first thing I do in ANY sim is turn the music off

I do the same thing with every racing game, be it TrackMania or Live for Speed. I have always played racing games without music. Way more enjoyable and immersive.
#56 - DeKo
I do, usually, but i just have it on because it relaxes me a bit. My particular choice of music is usually the arctic monkeys, sometimes the view. helps me drive a bit better, actually.
No ♪♪♫♪ for NQ, tyvm
#58 - mr_x
I always have music on... the only time I have it off is when:
1. I'm watching TV
2. I'm playing a game where my computer can't cope with media player open aswell as the game (RACE, DoD:S etc)
3. when I'm sleeping.
I listen to music mostly when I'm practicing or racing for fun, but never with fullblown volume - I've enabled global hotkeys in Winamp so I can adjust volume and stop the music when needed...

...and skip songs too
Quote from danowat :Nope, first thing I do in ANY sim is turn the music off, just destracts me from the job at hand.

If you are TRUELY concentrating, you wouldnt hear the music anyway, I remember one day riding 60 miles on my bike, down some twisty roads, when I got there I stopped and said to myself, music?, where is that coming from, then I realised I put my MP3 player on before I left, but I was concentrating so much I never heard it for the whole journey LOL.

Dan,

Ive been playing drums for 3 years, and im a musician as well, and i really apreciate music. If you want to even bother saying that drums are not an instrument, then you are simply completley ignorant. Anybody who thinks drumming is just mindless banging without any dynamics is a complete fool.

My views are a bit different however. Somtimes in a race, i may have music on, that may make me want to go fast, and somtimes, i like to have just the engine. I am diagnosed with A.D.D, and somtimes the music helps me concentrate, and at other times it is a distraction, so it all depends.

Music that i would jam out to in real life, and is a really good song to get into, has always helped my racing, so i just created a playlist on itunes for racing, which i leave on in the background, and now, most of the times i listen to music, since i love it so much.

Despite me somtimes listening to it in a race, i ALWAYS have it on when im cruising around in the Carribean Cruise servers, since your just cruising around, and talking to people, while making money. I usualy pick relaxing songs, that arent as fast paced, that way im not forced to speed.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :Ive been playing drums for 3 years, and im a musician as well, and i really apreciate music. If you want to even bother saying that drums are not an instrument, then you are simply completley ignorant. Anybody who thinks drumming is just mindless banging without any dynamics is a complete fool.

Quite the opposite m8...i think the drums are the greatest instrument...and drummers are always the most interesting personalities in a band.....:drummer:

I only wish I wasn't so crap at playing them

As for the original question.....Never,never,never would i dream of racing with music on, gaming in general has to be a music free experience for me.
I need to hear my tires when racing....soo much feedback is given from the noise of the car.
I'd be seconds a lap slower if i listened to music at the same time, it distracts me too much.
Once the race is over i can then relax with a little herbal refreshment...and blast out a John Bonham drum solo
Depends on my mood, if im in caribbean cruise ill stick something chilled on, like nightmares on wax (nod your head music ). If im proper racing its either no music, or reptative drum and base, nothing too interesting, but still fast (moving shadows 4.1 album is great for this). Don't like anything that distracts me, reptative music helps me zone out, and the speed well.... :P
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :Ive been playing drums for 3 years, and im a musician as well, and i really apreciate music. If you want to even bother saying that drums are not an instrument, then you are simply completley ignorant. Anybody who thinks drumming is just mindless banging without any dynamics is a complete fool.

Who said anything about drums?

I like drums when they have a good rythm, and a sexy sound, as long as they add to the music.

fd

sorry for the double post, but im drunk (again :/)
Quote from CJ Ice :It's an interesting question i think, cuz i always listen music when i drive car in real life. I can't drive without music, but when i race nearly never.

I'm the same as this guy. On the road, I can't drive very far without some Metallica banging out or some sweet grinding of David Gilmore. It's driving me crazy right now because I traded my truck in for a new vehicle for the wife. Thus I inherited the wife's old car as a work runner and haven't been able to install the sounds yet. Stock sound just doesn't cut it. If it's not making the rearview mirror vibrate, then it needs changed .

I've tried to listen to music when I'm racing. It just doesn't work. It's too distracting. I've never liked listening to music much playing any computer games.
depends on the game, say for FPS games (COD2 ect) i need to hear whats going on, so no music, but on racing games, music all the way
Sometimes I play music racing. I like rock and metal, Meshuggah gives the agressive touch when drifting.:smash3d::bannana_g:rock_band:iagree:
No, the first thing I do whenever I install a game is to turn off the music
I find it annoying even in the menu screens.

I like to be focused on the sounds from the action only (foot steps and gunshots in FPSs and engine roars and skid sounds in racing games).
Quote from (-Mark-) :but on racing games, music all the way

..and having seen your stats I'd suggest turning it off...... (jk)
I only play music in the background when I have to practice or when I do public races. I also watch TV, which has caused a few accidents in the past from me watching Top Gear while going down a straight and not noticing the spun car in the middle of the road.

Music I listen to is usually alternative rock and air guitar. Stuff like Oasis, Deep Purple, Joe Satriani, Jimi Hendrix, Queen...stuff like that.
Quote from The Moose :..and having seen your stats I'd suggest turning it off...... (jk)

oo bellow the belt :P

EDIT: having looked at my stats, i havtn played since the end on jan :O
I prefer to listen to my own music when I am on racing games and on FPS games, but if I'm on Teamspeak then music gets turned off.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I also watch TV, which has caused a few accidents in the past...

I've tried that. But for some reason, when I get on the straights, I'm just not quick enough to run upstairs, watch tv, then get back downstair before the next corner
MCR full blast in the background + Dorifto =
Quote from (-Mark-) :oo bellow the belt :P

Phew...you took it in good humour
I'll try and restrain myself in future
Normally I have WinAmp running on Shuffle-Mode when racing. And I think my driving depends on the music playing, like Incubus makes my drive quite relaxed, Slipknot...ehhh...(good for PBs)...and crazy stuff like comedy (Helge Schneider, Otto) leads to different results. I need music for driving.

Do you people play with music?
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG