The online racing simulator
Forum - alt+1 = mainpage
(5 posts, started )
#1 - herki
Forum - alt+1 = mainpage
I'm using Firefox 2.0 and set it to the old behaviour handling alt+[key]-inputs, because I prefer pressing alt+s instead of scrolling down and click on submit. However that costs me the possibilty of entering ascii-codes, because pressing alt+1 always gets me back to the forums frontpage.
You may ask why this is important... Well, if I want to enter the Pound-symbol, I have to enter the ascii code - which starts with a 1 (156 to be precise), which makes it impossible for me to enter.
The alt+1 thing seems to be a feature of the vBulletin board, so my question is: Is it possible to turn it off?
How exactly did you get Firefox to use the old behaviour?
Nevermind, found it on Google. For those who want to know, you have to type "about:config" in the address bar and then change ui.key.chromeAccess to 5 and ui.key.contentAccess to 4.

Back to topic, I have the forum feature you talk about (alt+[1-9] navigation) disabled via an addon called Greasemonkey. It allows you to run JavaScript code to filter through page content and do whatever you want with it. The script to use for that can be found on userscripts.org and is named "Remove numeric accesskeys".

#4 - herki
£ *testing*

*yay* it works - thanks a lot
Also testing, Android's tip...does it work...

Score! It does Cheers!

Forum - alt+1 = mainpage
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG