$99 million for a PS3??
(33 posts, started )
$99 million for a PS3??
#2 - JTbo
Hmm, I don't know what is happening there, but look at that bidding history, now as far as I know winning bid in ebay is deal that can't be called off like just like that and there is consequences of silly bids too.

Also highest bidders have good feedback, so really odd to see such actions.

Maybe they have too much money then, silly
I've seen some genuinely selling for $10,000.
bwahhaha....i wanna see the buyer!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#5 - JTbo
Quote from thisnameistaken :I was thinking about setting up a bunch of eBay accounts to go screw with PS3 auctions but, like most things in life, I couldn't be bothered.

as far as i know that is quite illegal...
obviously they are fake bids but i'm just wondering how high it went on serious bids...
that particular console was the 1st one purchased in the USA. and it comes with some sort of framed note or card signed by some of the PS3 developers. Rumour has it anyway
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'd be very surprised if they're going for more than $2K, but then I've been surprised many times in the past by the titanic idiocy of the consumer.

People are paying more than that for basically a recipt saying one is on pre-order :s
I'll never understand how people can even spend 300€ in any console, when I am at my friends place, I play for 10 minutes and I get utterly bored, no matter what game.

Guess Im strange.
Quote from BurnOut69 :I'll never understand how people can even spend 300€ in any console, when I am at my friends place, I play for 10 minutes and I get utterly bored, no matter what game.

Guess Im strange.

Or he just has poor games, or poor consoles

I don't get this HD obsession nowdays, I rather have proper cheap gaming and games over fancy HD graphics. I'm going for Nintendo, 20 days I can't wait! (a poem, nice) Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Quote from Ebay :This listing (230049396649) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

i guess even if they would be ready to pay that amount they cant
Bunch of morons.... The same thing happened with the xBox. People were going crazy buying them on ebay for ridiculous prices. If the idiots would just wait a week, they will be collecting dust on the store shelves just like the xBoxes are .

I paid less for my entire PC system with monitor and printer than the PS3 is. IMO, consoles aren't worth $10. You can't race LFS on a console .

I looked it up on ebay just after I posted this. Seems the norm is about $1500-2500 (usd). Sheesh, imagine the PC you can build for that! Sock $2500 into a PC and there is no console out there that could touch it. You could even do just the $1500 PC and add a Plasma now that I'm seeing them for under $1000. That would stomp all over any crap console game.
exactly, the PS3 is so much for so little i see it being bought by about 20 Super Playstaion fantics. That's why everyone i know has a 360 or is getting the Wii. As for me, i look to update this piece o' sh** computer.
ill get a ps3....but surely not yet
in about a year the price will drop by almost 50% , i can wait
Roflmfao!
Quote from mrodgers :Bunch of morons.... The same thing happened with the xBox. People were going crazy buying them on ebay for ridiculous prices. If the idiots would just wait a week, they will be collecting dust on the store shelves just like the xBoxes are .

I paid less for my entire PC system with monitor and printer than the PS3 is. IMO, consoles aren't worth $10. You can't race LFS on a console .

I looked it up on ebay just after I posted this. Seems the norm is about $1500-2500 (usd). Sheesh, imagine the PC you can build for that! Sock $2500 into a PC and there is no console out there that could touch it. You could even do just the $1500 PC and add a Plasma now that I'm seeing them for under $1000. That would stomp all over any crap console game.

Yea Consoles have there advantages though. When i see screen shots of a game i know when i get it home its gonna look like that. i know when i get home am not gonna have any conflicts; guranteed to run. i don't have to worry it being outdated for a while. Pluss they offer a wider variety of games.

So i guess it really depends on what your playing me personally i can't live without BOTH
#17 - JTbo
I just read that PS3 components alone costs to Sony somthing like $800, yet they sell it less, price should be something around $1000 to cover even markting etc. costs and still you have to add taxes and delivery top of that so it is really cheap, if I could just run sims in that

Here is one article about it
Quote from JTbo :I just read that PS3 components alone costs to Sony somthing like $800, yet they sell it less, price should be something around $1000 to cover even markting etc. costs and still you have to add taxes and delivery top of that so it is really cheap, if I could just run sims in that

Here is one article about it

No chance in hell that sony would EVER do that. They are all about profit, as are nearly every company these days. ps3s probably cost them next to nothing with a nice huge % in profit
People are high bidding but are never going to pay just to mess up the people who are selling for insane prices.

I doubt a PS3 has been eBayed and actually bought by someone willing to pay for more than ~$1300. Maybe occasionally more.

Still too much for a console, but..people are nuts. PS3 looks ok but I can't see why it's something to camp outside a shop for 2 days, or spend over $1000 on.
There have been americans camping for two weeks for ps3's.. it was on the news a little while ago!
#21 - JTbo
Quote from Stealthy04 :No chance in hell that sony would EVER do that. They are all about profit, as are nearly every company these days. ps3s probably cost them next to nothing with a nice huge % in profit

I think you are wrong, Xbox 360 is making some loss to MS too, so does PS3 to sony, they start to make profit from 2 years or so as then components are cheaper. Profit comes from games and accessories until then.
At least that I can read from all financial news about them.
Read in to it all you want, big companys like microsoft and xbox will earn more than enough on the consoles alone. Do you think they'd ever tell you how much it REALLY costs to produce things?
#23 - JTbo
Quote from Stealthy04 :There have been americans camping for two weeks for ps3's.. it was on the news a little while ago!

I did read from news that someone got also killed in US while he was waiting ps3, some criminals started to rob those that were waiting and this man did not gave money so he was shot into chest. There has been mutliple beatings etc. happening too, sick.
#24 - JTbo
Quote from Stealthy04 :Read in to it all you want, big companys like microsoft and xbox will earn more than enough on the consoles alone. Do you think they'd ever tell you how much it REALLY costs to produce things?

I don't think that Sony needs to tell anything, here is larger story, somehow I find isuppli reliable source.
yea, i've heard about a lot of muggings happening while people are waiting in line. It's another reason to wait 6 months or get another console. Only a hard core Sony fan would camp two weeks, let alone buy a PS3 on it's first day.

$99 million for a PS3??
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG