The online racing simulator
Voice comms in LFS
(12 posts, started )
Voice comms in LFS
How many servers also run Ventrilo/Teamspeak? Would you welcome new people? Or are you just a 'mates only' deal?
To kick off, Dead Men Racing run a Ventrilo server and if you sign up for the forum www.deadmen.co.uk/forum you can get the password. You would be welcome.
It would be pretty sweet if LFS had integrated voIP.
#3 - garph
Quote from Meanie :It would be pretty sweet if LFS had integrated voIP.

That would be a mistake I think, the arguments that go on and on and on when they can only type are bad eough, intergrated voip would just make thats worse.

Teamspeak is good enough I think.
Quote from Meanie :It would be pretty sweet if LFS had integrated voIP.

Off Topic:
VoIP in many games are either:
1. sucky, unless you're playing with mates
2. abused

On topic:
I had a laugh a few weeks back on TeamSpeak with a few guys from the forums, for the first time. Once we/I got over the whole "err, who are you" thing I really started enjoying myself. It was a real laugh So yes, I think it could be good to see more open teamspeak/ventrilo servers
The Swedish community has a ventrilo-server up and running, and I believe it's being used quite often, both during races and for general chit-chat. Teamspeak vs ventrilo? I dont really know which is better ...

I simply dislike teamspeak beacuse it's fugly
#6 - Jakg
Quote from the_angry_angel :I had a laugh a few weeks back on TeamSpeak with a few guys from the forums, for the first time. Once we/I got over the whole "err, who are you" thing I really started enjoying myself. It was a real laugh So yes, I think it could be good to see more open teamspeak/ventrilo servers

Yup - recently started frequenting the UCKT TS server when racing (and when not) - really makes things better
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#7 - mr_x
whenever I'm on LFS I'm usually on the FM ventrilo server (ZWR have our own channel on there) with the rest of ZWR we have an awesome laugh on there, also good to quickly communicate with drivers (usually ZWR team members) instead of falling off the track while typing something just press a button and say something :P

downside is... sometimes things are said that make me laugh so hard I can't drive! :P but it's all part of the fun I guess
#8 - JTbo
I don't know, but it would be good for tutoring, driving school thing
Quote from thisnameistaken :That was the first time I'd ever used teamspeak, and it will probably be the last. I have a phobia about doing gay things on the internet and I think playing games is where I draw the line - teamspeak was just too much.

<campasyoulike>Ooooh darlin'!</campasyoulike> And I thought it was quite good
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Not a fan of integrated VoIP.

Quote from Doorman :To kick off, Dead Men Racing run a Ventrilo server and if you sign up for the forum www.deadmen.co.uk/forum you can get the password. You would be welcome.

OK, test and it works for me. What times would other people be on though?
Jakg, likewise here, over the past 2 weeks, I've been in the UKCT teamspeak server virtually solid, and its quite funny, but a VoIP into the game is :S, because it'd be completely chaos, because you get the normal people, then the little kiddys going ****ING NOOBS!!!! and then the people going STFU YOU ****ING KIDDIES!!! and its just a shouting match.

-1 for in game, but +1 for servers having TS/Vent servers to use
I'm sure Scawen would put in a squelch / disable option if VoIP was integrated, including the ability to suppress particular racers while allowing others.

But I think there's mileage in making it easier for server admins to provide talk facilities. For instance on some servers it's annoying to get the flood of spams from the admins telling you to go to the teamspeak server.

Also I imagine that being able to see a letter code on the server list that shows there is a chat facility up and running might attract (or dissuade!) racers in joining them.

However there are plenty of other features I'd like to see in LFS before this, and there are serviceable alternatives already available by the sounds of things.

Rakhsh

Voice comms in LFS
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG