The online racing simulator
Introduction
(13 posts, started )
Introduction
Hi all,

Just got an S2 licence after being up all night playing demo. Must say I'm very immpressed with the sim and looking forward to some good racing with you all.

I'm am trying to do some searchs to find information about AI but not having much luck as AI is too short a word for search parameters.

I'm interested in threads about how the AI learns and gerneral AI information.

I will continue to look for stuff but if anyone off hand has a link to any cool AI information about LFS, a link will be much appreciate.

Look forward to seeing you one the track once i can run some decent laps.

Thermos
AI arent done; theres a million AI threads about how the wreck you.. and thats about it

wait for S2 full to be out.. since current AI arent complete
Check the improvement and suggestions forum. There is an active topic there now.
Yeah I noticed they were a little near sighted. That's Ok though. I figure if i can race with them safely i could race with anyone. Thanks sil3ntwar, i found the thread right under my nose. It answered most my questions.
Welcome to LFS.

I hope you've written a note for your parents/girlfriend/friends to find, because to all intents are purposes, you might as well be dead now, cos your 'life' is over. LFS will consume you totally.

Okay, so it's not quite THAT good, but you will find yourself spending more nights than is healthy twizzling a wheel infront of a monitor chatting to random 'names on screen'.

Long may it continue!
to sum up my knowledge about the AI (which may not be complete):

the AI learns by doing laps. skill levels, Cars and tracks are separated, so you have to train each AI driver with each car/track/skill level combination from the start. the longer they run, the faster they get. they even learn to drive the oval, which the absolutely can't with no training at all

the AI doesn't like to race each other. with single car races at the same training level and with the same setups, the AI doesn't change position after the first completed laps, they just drive behind each other

the AI doesn't pit, so they're likely to run out of fuel if the race distance is longer than the fuel in the tank

you can assign skins to the AI by creating skins in LfS that have the same name as the AI. if your first AI is called AI1, just create a new skin in the LfS garage, calling it AI1 and assign the wanted skinfile to it - if you add the AI1 driver to the field, he will use the AI1 paintjob

you can assign setups to AI drivers by using 'AI uses player setup' in the options. that way, each Ai driver uses the setup you chose at the time of adding him to the field. you can change your setup after he is added and it stays the same for the AI driver
#7 - Vain
Small addition:
As rumour has it, the AI will only keep the knowledge it learned in training. The knowledge learned in races is deleted after the race ends.
(I only repeat what others said.)

Vain
Quote from Vain :Small addition:
As rumour has it, the AI will only keep the knowledge it learned in training. The knowledge learned in races is deleted after the race ends.

Vain

not correct. i raced the AI in the ovals for 5 or 6 20 lap races (not training) and the managed to get under 0:39:00 in the GTR class - and are still doing 38:XX's there. i had the same results on other tracks as well, but i can't give any times there, because i do not remember correctly. but they do not cause any T1 crashes in BL1 with the XFR or UFR, which they always did on the first lap before i started training them.
Yeah the AI learn everytime they race regardless of the race settings.
Thanks for welcomes and info guys.

It's 5:00am now and iv'e been up all night racing and shooting the @#it with a guy i met online. He shared some good setups with me and showed me lfsworld.com which i had no idea even existed. He's gonna make me a custom skin too.

I had a blast.

Instead of going to bed i'm in the process of setting up a dedicated server on my spare computer.

I don't think i'll see sleep for a while. Well... Maybe when i go to work ;b

Thermos
Quote from Vain :Small addition:

Vain

Mm and its chinese wispers as always lol

I said they retain there learning in practise mode and they do learn in races but when you close LFS down and restart it - the AI will revert back to its previous level - this was outlined in shannons unofficial manual and I found it to be true, but that was some time ago.. ie early s1 days :S so maybe its different now I dunno (thought they hadn't made any changes to the AI but maybe they have..)
Quote from DasKlee :not correct. i raced the AI in the ovals for 5 or 6 20 lap races (not training) and the managed to get under 0:39:00 in the GTR class - and are still doing 38:XX's there. i had the same results on other tracks as well, but i can't give any times there, because i do not remember correctly. but they do not cause any T1 crashes in BL1 with the XFR or UFR, which they always did on the first lap before i started training them.

well when i let them race in single player mode ( ive set 45 rounds BL1 100% fuel matches perfect) after they was done i wanted to do some online races but when i left single player it said "COULDNT SAVE DRV " happens to me all time...
Quote from tristancliffe :Welcome to LFS.

I hope you've written a note for your parents/girlfriend/friends to find, because to all intents are purposes, you might as well be dead now, cos your 'life' is over. LFS will consume you totally.

And so begins your un-life, your thirst for blo... er, I mean speed. Sorry, been playing too much Vampire: Bloodlines.

Introduction
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG