The online racing simulator
Improving lap times - videos?
(6 posts, started )
I'm driving the Aston National course online with the GTR cars, the winner is 3-4 seconds per lap quicker than me. He passed me after the final chicane and onto the start/finish straight with at least a good 30mph or more speed difference.

Now I try to go through that chicane any quicker, and I just touch the kerbs, and I spin out completely. However the leaders seem to batter the kerbs something awful.

I'm not really interested in the World Record videos, they tend not to help, but has anyone got links to videos where I can see what they're doing and so improve my laps please?
Couple of things you can do.

1) Save a replay of the race, watch from the leaders car and see how he takes his lines, braking points etc, and use them in your laps.

2) Try some hotlapping, save your lap, and using tools like analyze for speed (do a search) compare yours to the current WR, this will tell you where you are going wrong, both lines and braking points.

Dan,
Thanks for the reply.

I've saved countless replays from multiplayer but the updates are not smooth enough and are quite jumpy, despite having a decent broadband connection.

I want to watch someone else, I'm tired of putting hotlaps in, I can't find the speed and I want to watch someone else.
Quote from horrgakx :
Now I try to go through that chicane any quicker, and I just touch the kerbs, and I spin out completely. However the leaders seem to batter the kerbs something awful.

Try adjusting the balance between front and rear dampers. If you are experiencing oversteer when touching the kerbs this may be reduced by changing the way the car behaves during transition i.e. over bumps and kerbs. Trying adding some front bump and rebound first - not too much, just one or two clicks.

Oh and btw - that last chicane takes a while to get the hang of. It's all about placing the car right on the first apex point (i.e. the apex kerb for the first left-handed part). And you need to have the car pointing nice and straight at this moment to get the power on early. Don't worry if you have to go in a bit slower. You've got the entire straight all the way down to T1 to make up the lost few hundreds! And if you get your foot hard on the gas from that point you'll save more like 3/4s of a second.
Quote from horrgakx :I want to watch someone else, I'm tired of putting hotlaps in, I can't find the speed and I want to watch someone else.

Do you know about LFSWorld? (www.lfsworld.net) from there you can open the Hotlaps window then go to the WR section and download the WR replay of the track / car combo your intrested in. Save it to the spr folder in LFS. Then in replay mode you can use F2 and F3 to slow down and speed up the replay to really study how the aliens do it
Quote from Glenn67 :Do you know about LFSWorld? (www.lfsworld.net) from there you can open the Hotlaps window then go to the WR section and download the WR replay of the track / car combo your intrested in. Save it to the spr folder in LFS. Then in replay mode you can use F2 and F3 to slow down and speed up the replay to really study how the aliens do it

...also try the test drive option to drive their setup. Then you'll know if your settings are in the right ball park.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG