The online racing simulator
Stock Hatch League
(68 posts, started )
Stock Hatch League
(This is not an entry form, this is only to see if it would be a popular league, if enough interest is shown, entries will be started to be accepted mid december time, ready for the first race in Janurary 07'

<<**-- Stock Hatch - XFG Cup 07' --**>>

--General Information--
The league contains 12 rounds, 1 round per month with a total of "20" drivers (and 3 marshals).

Each round will be hosted on a dedicated server for the event.

Each round will contain a 20 minute qualifying round, followed by the full lenth race. the whole event should take around an hour. The race will then start using the times gained by qualification.

The amount of laps a race has will normally depend on the course length (Roughly 40/50 miles Per race).

Every race will contain 1 Mandatory pit stop.

--Skin Information--

Each player may have their own personalised skin (Or Team Skins etc), each skin "MUST" have the number templates that show their car number.

There should be 3 plates in total, 1 on the bonnet and 1 on both doors. A 4th Number "Sticker" is to be placed on the rear hatch door.

Fake vents or texture body kits are forbidden. The cars body must appear in standard form.

As regarding number plates, they must either show "Stk Htch", "XFG Cup" or your race number, No other plate is permitted, and you will not be allowed to race until this is corrected

New drivers in the league, must display a Black and yellow cross on the rear hatch, opposite the number sticker for atleast 2 rounds.

Front and Rear lights must be taped up (This isnt really nesscary unless you are recording footage for the coverage)

--Entries--

20 Entry slots are available. It’s not first come first serve. It’s who we feel fit and are
Mature enough to drive competitively.
We will look for drivers with resonable milage, and Good, competative times using the XFG
on most tracks. These will be used in most cases when choosing entries.

Entries can either be a privateer (Single Person, no Team) or in a Team (Max of 2 people per team). Points will be gathered for Overall and team points.

--Coverage--

We will try to fully organise the footage as close as to TV Footage as we can, similar to the STCC, as i think this is what promotes the league far from the others. So we will look into commentators and video editors for this. (We are not trying to steal becky roses idea for the coverage, its just the fact that its a great idea and promotes sim racing greatly)
#2 - Davo
Sounds like a great league. Would be good to see the XRG also included since these two cars are opretty closely matched for a bit more fun and variety for people.

I like the strict rules enforced and with the same coverage style as the stcc will be great to watch the even each month.

Interested to see where this goes but I think there'll be a lot of interest.

*subscribed*
I originally was going to add the XRG, but i thought keeping the same car, will even the racing out a tad more, as the XFG and XRG both have their advantages over others.

Ill re-think the car entrants depending on Demand
I'm interested. Would rallycross be involved by any chance?
#5 - CSU1
Quote from duke_toaster :I'm interested. Would rallycross be involved by any chance?

Rite beside ya Duke , count me in.
Btw:That part about the taped up lights; is that not a server side thing?...I mean all of those add on textures for lights etc, is that not down to the server running LFS having the add ons in the server folder ie: if the servers dds folder contained the "taped rear lights" add on , would all of the cars appear to have taped rear lights even if the client didn't have the texture installed?
Quote from CSU1 :Rite beside ya Duke , count me in.
Btw:That part about the taped up lights; is that not a server side thing?...I mean all of those add on textures for lights etc, is that not down to the server running LFS having the add ons in the server folder ie: if the servers dds folder contained the "taped rear lights" add on , would all of the cars appear to have taped rear lights even if the client didn't have the texture installed?

Nope, the server doesn't have a DDS folder. What matters is the DDS files on the client. So there isn't a way to find out or enforce who is using what DDS.
Sounds very interesting.
#8 - ZORER
i'm in!!(i mean if it were on)
i'm interested too.
Quote from djgizmo68 :20 Entry slots are available. It’s not first come first serve. It’s who we feel fit and are
Mature enough to drive competitively.
We will look for drivers with resonable milage, and Good, competative times using the XFG on most tracks. These will be used in most cases when choosing entries.

i was interested until i read this. very elitist.
Cheers guys. Interest is always great.

i have decided to base it on first come come, first serve.

However, entrants will not be accepted to mid december, once all the forums, site and texture templates are complete.

About the taped up lights. the person who is recording the footage (Or who ever volunteers) will just need the modified DDS file, Everyone else doesnt really need it unless they really want it.

Atm, there is no rallycross, as id like it to be focused on circuit racing.

Cheers
Interested...
For long time I was a demo driver so XFG to me is like a car that I own for more than 10 years - I do know it, cant surprise me...
Since I am S2 I didnt drive it so I have no records for it but it wont be a problem for me to drive around in XFG again.

I like the idea of so seriuos league.
#13 - Davo
You need a speial number plate, so that skin even with the number on the side isn't really valid.

The taped up lights I don;t really get because how can you see someone braking?
The front lights will have to be taped, im still messing with the rear lense tape.

as for the numbers on the cars, ill release a .psd file with the plates, you just need to overlay the layer on your texture and fill in your number and save it.

ill be going on holiday tomorrow (reason why entries will be accepted mid december when i return).

We will then allow entrants, and process a race table.
I am very interested to run in this league.

I do realise I might not be super fast,but I really want to experience LFS at its best,and this league might be it.
me to if im fit to race by yer standards !
Interested , Interested , Interested.

Its sounds really good and i will be running for Ntechnology in this League if allowed / once it starts up.

Hopefully alongside the guy ( Thunderhead ) 2 posts above me for Ntech too , hopefully

Calum
Dont worry, it will now be First come First Serve

This is my last post, as i go on holiday for 2 weeks, ill see you then
I'd love to race in a series that was STCC like, and I love my little XFG shopping trolley, but didn't have me working day and night on it.

I do think you will have to do the coverage yourself though - it's a mammoth job, and you'll find the only way to get it done is do it yourself. A shorter race would also help, to reduce the workload. In fact if there is any advise you would like regarding how to achieve the coverage or manage the task i'd be happy to lend some hard learned wisdom.
Im Back People!.

The League is a Go Go.

Forums and Website are currently being built, and i have a dedicated Stock Hatch server currently running.

After scrutiny, i have decided to remove the "First come, First server" entry standards, instead, entrys will be based on LFS Stats, I cannot currently give the stats we will be lucking at, but a description will soon follow.

Qualifications will start early/mid january time, with the first race either Very late january or Very early Febuary.

Anyways, i will not accept entrants until the website and forum is complete, the website will include info on each race, the number of laps and as such. aswell as Number plate downloads and driver infomation.

Cheers, and hope to see you soon!
#21 - d6nn
im interested
Sounds interesting, I'd be interested.

Dan,
This is the league idea I've always wanted to see happen

But not something I'd be able to do as I doubt the times the league runs would be good for me and I don't trust my internet for much over 12 - 15 connections on a server which rules me out

Well hope it is a roaring sucess and the league grows into something that is ongoing

I'd love to see more one class or one car leagues. Another one that I think would be great is an FZ50 league like a porshe cup
count me in, depending on the day of the week though. i'm still a bit worried about the selection process, but it's your league.
The day the race will be on, will be able to change pending on availability of drivers.

Im also planning to have some sort of "Prize" for the top 3 at the end of the league, what it will be i have yet to discuss.

Stock Hatch League
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG