The online racing simulator
Tristan, does your reynard do this?
(5 posts, started )
I was experimenting with different setup changes with the fox today, and I came up with the following replay....

ps. - no I don't "drift".... this was simply a moment of madness

Does your formula 3 car do that too!?
Not to those extremes no, due to aero losses, tyre behaviour at the limit, fear, sense of cost. But it IS quite driftable at smaller slip angles, say up to 15 or 20 degrees, but you've got to be QUICK to catch it.

LFS is far far far too forgiving in this regard, helped by a complete lack of fear.
I thought that may well be the case, it's just even thuogh my brain knows the physics apply to all cars, seeing a SS sideways looks very wrong!

I hope at some stage there will be a league system where you're only allowed one car for the season, that'd put some real world racing fear in you!

"I've crashed my fox, the only one I get for the next 5 races..... nooooo!"

Thanks for bothering to reply, I know it's a silly thread, but it did have a point, buried in there somewhere!
#4 - JTbo
Hmm, would be interesting to know how F3 would behave with street tires, if it is more or less edgy in begin, middle end of drift and how those feels compared to lfs tires.

So next time when you are on track, grab tires from someones car when they are on track with their track day vehicles and do some testing, then put them back, they will never notice anything
#5 - kaynd
All these “stunts” are possible with an F3, if someone sets it to recover from drift so easily, but there is no point on real racing with formula - cart cars to do such thinks so the setup is optimized to use the whole amount of the tire grip going around a corner at specific racing lines.
In fast formula -cart setups, when you pass the limit, you have neither space to decrease speed while drifting, or enough down force to support you, because you are moving in much higher speeds than these the grip produced by the weight of the vehicle, can manage.

The setup you had, allowed the fox to slip in much less speed than the tires grip can manage even without enough down force

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG