The online racing simulator

Poll : How do you mainly connect to a server?

By clicking on it in the server list.
None of the above. (Post alternatives)
By using Join2LFS links.
By searching mates ingame (with the search function).
By directly typing the name of the server.
How do you connect to a server? (Vote)
Hi Folks.

I would like to know, how do you connect to server?

By clicking in the server list? By using Join2LFS links? By searching a mate ingame? By directly typing in the server name?

A will set up a vote shortly ...
just inside LFS.

Why should I use an extra tool to do the same the game can do aswell?
Basically I want to get a feeling for how many people are typing in the names directly in the Join Game Screen.

Since server names are often complicated and lengthy, this is not my favourite choice.
BrowseForSpeed
in the game itself.
works without problems, and i have all functions that i need.
Join2LFS would be great if only it didn't load a second instance of LFS. If it communicated with the instance already running I might use it more. But generally I've already decided to play LFS and before going online.
Quote from Bob Smith :Join2LFS would be great if only it didn't load a second instance of LFS. If it communicated with the instance already running I might use it more. But generally I've already decided to play LFS and before going online.

I'll second that. Makes it difficult when you use pitspotter, outgaugegateway, momoleds, CSR, and LFSCompanion.

The list is so small at US times, you don't even need to scroll it. They are all displayed on the screen, all 15 servers. I sort by # connections and hit "?" to see who is all on the servers or if it's set for practice, which usually most are anymore, darn hotlappers, hehe.
I didnt vote (yet) because I'm missing the option: several of the above.
I usually use the search to see if my friends are racing, if not, I connect in-game to one of the servers.
That's why I added "mainly" in the question of the vote.
Quote from Thorvertonian :BrowseForSpeed

Indeed

Quote from Sternendaal :just inside LFS.

Why should I use an extra tool to do the same the game can do aswell?

With BrowseForSpeed server passwords are remembered, you have a favourite servers list, buddy list, and can sort the server list by track/car/number of connections...

Now if all of these features were to be incorporated into the game it would be a different matter.
i said none of the above, cause I basically use three different ways: I use the user-search function ingame, I type the servername or I use the ingame browser.
#12 - FL!P
I click on it in the servers list (often after having clicked on ? to see who's there and what they're running).
Quote from Bean0 :Indeed

With BrowseForSpeed server passwords are remembered, you have a favourite servers list, buddy list, and can sort the server list by track/car/number of connections...

Now if all of these features were to be incorporated into the game it would be a different matter.

Meanwhile it's possible to sort the server list by track/car/number of connections....

I also use 3 different ways (server list ingame, search or type in) but mainly I only use the Serverlist...
all options..
does it matter?

Pointless thread?
BFS
#17 - Jakg
i usually look at it in LFS Manager, but connect using LFS and the server list

So all of them basically!
Quote from RDH Thoryn :Meanwhile it's possible to sort the server list by track/car/number of connections....

Thats a pretty new feature, BFS was my tool of choice long before it was added

You still can't sort on LFSWorld though
Via Browse for speed..
Quote from Bob Smith :Join2LFS would be great if only it didn't load a second instance of LFS. If it communicated with the instance already running I might use it more. But generally I've already decided to play LFS and before going online.

Yep, I second that

The filtering facilities on LFSWorld are useful, so I like to use Join2LFS.
-
(dungbeetle) DELETED by dungbeetle
All of them (apart from the 'none of them' option).

If a mod wants to add 'All of the Above' to the list I'll vote for it. It depends why I'm playing, who I'm aiming to play with, and what sort of racing I'm after.
Quote from tristancliffe :All of them (apart from the 'none of them' option).

If a mod wants to add 'All of the Above' to the list I'll vote for it. It depends why I'm playing, who I'm aiming to play with, and what sort of racing I'm after.

The question is what you mainly use, so i guess "all" as an answer is not very useful in this context
Okay, mainly I suppose it's Join2LFS links, but only just 'mainly'. It's about evens on all, but okay, I'll vote for J2LFS.
CLICK IT!!! i didnt know there was any other way lol
I have my own little application to sort servers by name, players, track etc. It shows me my buddies that are currently online and it starts the game and connects automatically to the selected server.

So thats my main-entrance tool to the world of LfS!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG